drinking age

Jennfor5

Yes.....My DD was very excited about this on our last cruise - she turned 19 on the cruise - and INSISTED on buying me a beer on the beach in Cozumel....she was so happy to be able to do this that she even paid for them herself ;)

On my first cruise with my teenage sons, Carnival asked if I wanted my 18 yr. old to drink on the cruise. I said "no" and they seemed to be able to support my decision. The next year, my second son was eighteen and RCCL asked if I wanted him to drink. I said "no." My son and I argued for two hours before boarding. You sign a release or paper stating they can drink on board. Well, not only did RCCL allow him to drink, he charged several buckets of beer to my room, even though I did not give him signing priviledges becaused I figured he would do just that. I waited on line at the end of the cruise, only to be told I would have to speak to the manager at 5 am. I was extremely disappointed with RCCL on this matter. It started and ended our cruise on a sour note. Good thing when I'm cruising, I'm in heaven!!!

Yes.....My DD was very excited about this on our last cruise - she turned 19 on the cruise - and INSISTED on buying me a beer on the beach in Cozumel....she was so happy to be able to do this that she even paid for them herself ;)

You have raised her well. :)

On my first cruise with my teenage sons, Carnival asked if I wanted my 18 yr. old to drink on the cruise. I said "no" and they seemed to be able to support my decision. The next year, my second son was eighteen and RCCL asked if I wanted him to drink. I said "no." My son and I argued for two hours before boarding. You sign a release or paper stating they can drink on board. Well, not only did RCCL allow him to drink, he charged several buckets of beer to my room, even though I did not give him signing priviledges becaused I figured he would do just that. I waited on line at the end of the cruise, only to be told I would have to speak to the manager at 5 am. I was extremely disappointed with RCCL on this matter. It started and ended our cruise on a sour note. Good thing when I'm cruising, I'm in heaven!!!

He already knows I am only paying for his tickedt to get on, I don't blame you. I would be upset too!! He is on his own for spending money.

Ya, my son is one to do that too. I told him the only rule was that he stay with me, so I can watch him.

Those rules have changed except for cruises in Europe. Only NCL allows 18 -21 year olds to drink beer and wine on the ship with parental approval. Neither Carnival nor RCCL allow it any longer.

I brought my DD (19) on my last cruise. When she got off the ship in every port people were handing her rum punch drinks. (To sample) She came home telling her friends "I love those countries!! You walk off the ship and people start handing you booze!!" Honestly, the look on her face when she found out she wouldn't be "in trouble" for drinking was PRICELESS!! lol

I brought my DD (19) on my last cruise. When she got off the ship in every port people were handing her rum punch drinks. (To sample) She came home telling her friends "I love those countries!! You walk off the ship and people start handing you booze!!" Honestly, the look on her face when she found out she wouldn't be "in trouble" for drinking was PRICELESS!! lol

loll sunshine!!! That is how my son will be I am sure. I kinda remember going there when I was 17 but just wanted to be sure he would be of age. He is not an alchy by any means but he sure is funny with a buzz!!!

It is a good thing she is not walking the strip in Vegas, they would be handing her stripper cards,

Legally 18, for all practical purposes closer to 14 or 15.

I was 14 on my first cruise, Southern Caribbean, and was served in all the ports, sometimes without even trying. On one ship-booked excursion I won a contest, so I won a bottle of rum!

When we were on the Legend in '06 they handed all 4 of my kids a taster drinks at the liquor store in Panama.......their ages at the time were.....16....14......10....and 9 :eek: Even I had to put a stop to that one!! lol.

DD will be 21 when we cruise this time.....cruise is a bday gift for her ...... so she will actually be legal everywhere.

Well I am sorry that was an issue, but with that said...When I was 18 I had a choice of a cruise or a trip to Mexico. I didn't want to cruise because I couldn't drink so we went to Cancun instead. I am ticked now thinking I could have already been on a cruise 12 years ago :( I should have gone and just drank in port anyway.

Archived