Could you Cruise with ZERO Booze?

SilkShirt

When comparing vacations, Resorts like Sandals include food and alcohol, most cruise lines include food, and make a big profit on the alcohol.

For non alcohol drinkers the cruise is a better value.

The cruise industry must feel that you need booze to have a good time. This is their biggest profit center. They need to push the drinks.

For a percentage of folks it's true. Alcohol is the foundation of their cruise and their biggest expense.

So here is my question.

If you could on an 11 day Celebrity cruise for FREE, as long as you and your spouse refrained from ALL alcohol, would you do it?

DW doesn't drink, so the all-inclusive resorts are less value for us (though i've tried my best to make up for her teetotaling at those places). Still, if the price of an 11-day X cruise were $0 and 0 drinks, yes, I could manage. Where do we sign up for this? ;)

I recently just started drinking socially. Before we had 3 young children running underfoot so Hubby was the one who drank. So all but one of my cruises I had no alcohol.

If that were the stipualtion I would totally go for it... heck if they said I'd have to be naked the whole time I'd still do it :D hee hee

I drink rarely. My sister who cruises with me never drinks. My daughter can't drink due to medication. Even my dh who loves to have a drink or two on vacation would be able to go a mere 11 days alcohol free.

I bet the friends of BIll W. would be really well attended..

Now for SarahC78, I would pass if I had to expose this white non tanned body to the general public!!!!!:eek:

I do have cruising friends that drink enough onboard that they should be given a free cruise!!!!

No problem for me. I recently returned from 10 nights on the Equinox and never had one drink. I didn't take a free glass of welcome onboard champagne and I didn't drink the bottle of champagne (or whatever it was) in the room. I'm not a teetotaler, but I just don't enjoy drinking anymore. Sign me up for the free cruise.

So here is my question.

If you could on an 11 day Celebrity cruise for FREE, as long as you and your spouse refrained from ALL alcohol, would you do it?

They make money from more than just alcohol. They make money on EVERY drink they sell. They also make money on cabins, and excursions.

So - would you do an 11 day cruise for free with nothing to drink but tap water (on ship & in ports), only an inside cabin, and no ship-sponsored excursions?

Could I do an 11-day cruise with no alcohol? Yes. Would I? If it was free, sure. Would it be my preference? No.

I could do it with nothing to drink but tap water & nothing to eat but rice and green beans, too. But it wouldn't be my first choice.

When comparing vacations, Resorts like Sandals include food and alcohol, most cruise lines include food, and make a big profit on the alcohol.

For non alcohol drinkers the cruise is a better value.

The cruise industry must feel that you need booze to have a good time. This is their biggest profit center. They need to push the drinks.

For a percentage of folks it's true. Alcohol is the foundation of their cruise and their biggest expense.

So here is my question.

On my last 7-dayer to alaska, the DW had no alcohol and I had two beers. We could easily live without the drinks and still have fun.

I partied WAY more than enough in college - so now, I don't have to have booze to have fun anymore. ;)

i agree with above post, and don't understand the point of this thread.

can you give up the waffle station................

stop smoking..................

skip desserts.....................

no sex...................

of course i'd give up booze for a free cruise............if you can't, you have a problem...............:confused:

So here is my question.

If I can't have a flirtini while on a Celebrity cruise or wine with my dinner I would stay home. It's basically the only time I drink; vacations, holidays. I pretty much refrain the other 300 and something days out of the year, but I love those Celebrity flirtinis and usually have one before dinner.

Archived