Reason's people are chair hogs add yours

nycruises

So i posted this list i made quickly in another thread and a few people liked it so feel free to add on. No i'm not endorsing chair hogging or the abuse of those who chair hog. No hogs were hurt in the creation of this list and I don't have anything against pork products.

If you go too eat a meal and don't take you stuff your a chair hog.

If you go to play bingo in the theater and leave your stuff on your chair guess what your still a chair hog.

If you got to have portraiture taken by the ships photographer and don't take your stuff your a chair hog.

If your book has a better tan than you, your a chair hog.

If your husband / wife might show up some time before the end of the cruise and that's why the chair your saving is empty your a chair hog.

If you go back to your cabin to take a shower watch some tv order some room service and don't take the stuff off your deck chair your a chair hog.

If you wake up at 4 am to put a flip flop and a towel on a chair for noon your a chair hog,

The chairs feel unloved,unless they have a book to read;):D:)

Personally i never sun bath so it doesnt affect me.

After several mornings of suffering chair hogging of the delux sun beds on the Infinity, I woke early, gathered lots of books from the library, lots of towels and commandeered all the delux sun beds on one side. Came back after 29 minutes and 59 seconds to find the true chair hogs milling about, very upset and not sure what to do. Me, being a true hero that I am, said to the gathered 'swine' "I hate these da** chair hogs" and proceeded to remove all of the items and sat down. A few must have realised what had happened, were slightly embarrassed but some thought I was a true hero and brought me drinks. I believe the date was April 1 st 2011.:D;)

If each day at noon while at home you park towels, the collected works of Stephen King and a borrowed neighbor’s child upon your bed to reserve your position for the next night’s sleep; you’re a chair hog.

If you’ve given your poolside chair a pet name like ‘snuggle-bunny’; you’re a chair hog.

If when speaking to someone in the buffet-line at lunch that you have to return to your ‘better-half’ and you’re referring to your poolside chair; you’re a chair hog.

If your muscles have atrophied from lack of vertical movement while on a cruise; you’re a chair hog.

If your spouse files for divorce while on ship citing abandonment because you never return to your cabin from poolside in the evenings; you’re a chair hog.

If your family and/or loved ones begin to refer to the Lido Deck as ‘Your Deck’; you’re a chair hog.

If you demand the pool butler bring you a bed pan; you’re a chair hog.

If you find yourself poolside in a chair and commenting on the repeated fashions of numerous individual passengers, “Oh she/he wore that yesterday and the day before and the day before that”; you’re a chair hog.

If you know the family history of most of your fellow passengers without having spoken to them but by eavesdropping poolside; you’re a chair hog.

If after a cruise your body feels as if it’s the prone needle of a compass; you’re a chair hog.

If you refer to your 4:00 AM 'Wake-up Call' as 'Chair Make-up Call'; you're a chair hog.

If when you return home to write your Cruise Critic review of your most recent cruise and the rambling begins with, “I don’t recall the food in the MDR, the shows in the theater nor never once did we leave ship for an excursion but the people complaining about poolside chair hogs need to get over themselves”; you’re a chair hog.

I'm a cruise critic addict, and I don't think any post has ever made me laugh out loud as much as yours! I expect I'll still be addicted to "my" pool deck next week, though.

If each day at noon while at home you park towels, the collected works of Stephen King and a borrowed neighbor’s child upon your bed to reserve your position for the next night’s sleep; you’re a chair hog.

If you’ve given your poolside chair a pet name like ‘snuggle-bunny’; you’re a chair hog.

If when speaking to someone in the buffet-line at lunch that you have to return to your ‘better-half’ and you’re referring to your poolside chair; you’re a chair hog.

If your muscles have atrophied from lack of vertical movement while on a cruise; you’re a chair hog.

If your spouse files for divorce while on ship citing abandonment because you never return to your cabin from poolside in the evenings; you’re a chair hog.

If your family and/or loved ones begin to refer to the Lido Deck as ‘Your Deck’; you’re a chair hog.

If you find yourself poolside in a chair and commenting on the repeated fashions of numerous individual passengers, “Oh she/he wore that yesterday and the day before and the day before that”; you’re a chair hog.

If you know the family history of most of your fellow passengers without having spoken to them but by eavesdropping poolside; you’re a chair hog.

If after a cruise your body feels as if it’s the prone needle of a compass; you’re a chair hog.

If you refer to your 4:00 AM 'Wake-up Call' as 'Chair Make-up Call'; you're a chair hog.

If when you return home to write your Cruise Critic review of your most recent cruise and the rambling begins with, “I don’t recall the food in the MDR, the shows in the theater nor never once did we leave ship for an excursion but the people complaining about poolside chair hogs need to get over themselves”; you’re a chair hog.

I'm a cruise critic addict, and I don't think any post has ever made me laugh out loud as much as yours! I expect I'll still be addicted to "my" pool deck next week, though.

The interesting thing though is that only one or two of those actually describe a "chair hog". If you're in the chair all day and use it you really aren't a chair hog. A chair hog is one that reserves it while they are away for 30 minutes or longer at a time. Still amusing.

Thanks for making me laugh and spit out my mouthful of tea onto my keyboard! Great comedy.

Chair hogs just don't seem to recognize that they are being greedy. Perhaps if there were larger signs or the staff started enforcing the rules, they might become more aware of the issue.

Our experience on the ships has not been too bad compared to all-inclusive resorts.

While your list is quite amusing I'm sorry to say these people aren't chair hogs. Sure they may monopoloize the chairs but as long as they have their butts in the chair I'm not going to complain.

It the people who's books/shirts/towels spend more time on the chair then they do...those are the chair hogs that tick me off.

While your list is quite amusing I'm sorry to say these people aren't chair hogs. Sure they may monopoloize the chairs but as long as they have their butts in the chair I'm not going to complain.

It the people who's books/shirts/towels spend more time on the chair then they do...those are the chair hogs that tick me off.

Obviously... you didn't read ALL of the tongue-in-cheek parodies.

I for one cannot go for lunch, fight the crowds, grab a tray (if available), wait on line while others try and make up their minds (me included), grab a drink and then try and find a place to park, eat my lunch, all in 30 minutes. Sorry folks, as a senior. I move slower, eat

slower and walk slower. Does that mean I cannot return to my former position on the lounge chair?? It's not that we're abandoning the chairs for the day, just trying to have lunch! If we decide to lunch in the MDR, we remove our objects for the day and leave the

chairs open. If everyone did the same, there would be no problem. However, have a little

consideraton for us "elders" who don't move too fast!!!

Remember, we were young once, too and it won't be long before it's your turn to be a senior!! Good health to all of us!! ~~B~~

I for one cannot go for lunch, fight the crowds, grab a tray (if available), wait on line while others try and make up their minds (me included), grab a drink and then try and find a place to park, eat my lunch, all in 30 minutes. Sorry folks, as a senior. I move slower, eat

slower and walk slower. Does that mean I cannot return to my former position on the lounge chair?? It's not that we're abandoning the chairs for the day, just trying to have lunch! If we decide to lunch in the MDR, we remove our objects for the day and leave the

chairs open. If everyone did the same, there would be no problem. However, have a little

Remember, we were young once, too and it won't be long before it's your turn to be a senior!! Good health to all of us!! ~~B~~

So if going to lunch will take you longer than 30 minutes, why can't someone else be using the chair while you are away having lunch?

It has nothing to do with one's age or how quickly or slowly anyone moves. If everyone would show some consideration for others and not hog chairs when they are not using them, then there would be plenty of open chairs available as people come and go throughout the day.

While there are no hard and fast rules for the amount of time allowed where you may leave deck chairs and return to them in good conscience, our personal standard is if we either go in the pool, avail ourselves of pool side food/drink (to be partaken in the chairs), or use the restroom, then we save the chairs. Otherwise we walk away with our towels, books, and shoes, and return later to hunt new accommodations. Then again we do not typically camp out on deck all day anyway.

Anne, I really don't think too many people want the pool staff to be standing over empty chairs with a stopwatch! In fact If someone had a loungechair with their towel(s) on it for over 30 minutes while they were in the pool isn't the problem either.

I believe the main complaint about the chair Hogs deals with those who simply feel that it's their RIGHT to hold a specific chair for 1/2 or the whole day.

In fact I believe that one of the reason's that chair hogs evoke such a strong response is because chair Hogs are usually relatives of "I don't want to dress up for formal night" people. It's their ATTITUDE of me...me...mine...mine...the rules apply to you but not me....I'm special....I deserve this....mine...mine...mine.

Well I usually get up to the pool deck by 9:30 A.M. to scope out the chair situation while DW is getting ready. You must take into consideration direction of sun, wind speed and direction and do you want shade during the hottest part of the day. The premium chair is close to the pool WITH access to an aisle so you do not have to crawl over anybody.

I have watched the true hogs who place multiple towels / flip flops on multiple chairs spread all around the pool deck. Yes, that way they can move around depending on time of day / weather. The other true hog is one who reserves 3 or 4 chairs in a row so they have more personal space on either side. (No I don't want you laying next to me!!) These true hogs are the ones who ruin it for people that just want to enjoy the fresh air and sun.

However, I do not remove my stuff if I'm going to eat lunch at the buffet for a half hour or less. No lollygagging though - thats not fair.

Rob

15th cruise coming in 4 weeks - Eclipse

As one embarks on a cruise they are handed their own deck chair with their their name stenciled on it. The deck department will be happy to transport said chair to wherever you want it to go.

In the 70s and early 80s many cruise lines had passengers pay for the use of deck chairs. I think it was something like $5 per day.

Archived