Reason's people are chair hogs add yours

nycruises

I for one cannot go for lunch, fight the crowds, grab a tray (if available), wait on line while others try and make up their minds (me included), grab a drink and then try and find a place to park, eat my lunch, all in 30 minutes. Sorry folks, as a senior. I move slower, eat

slower and walk slower. Does that mean I cannot return to my former position on the lounge chair?? It's not that we're abandoning the chairs for the day, just trying to have lunch! If we decide to lunch in the MDR, we remove our objects for the day and leave the

chairs open. If everyone did the same, there would be no problem. However, have a little

consideraton for us "elders" who don't move too fast!!!

Remember, we were young once, too and it won't be long before it's your turn to be a senior!! Good health to all of us!! ~~B~~

Being "senior" does not qualify one to be a chair hog! Remember, you did not purchase the lounge for a day, but only for the time you are sitting on it. Show some manners and relinquish the chair for others to use when you leave it. :mad::mad:

I also am a senior :eek: and would never think of placing my stuff on the lounge while I went to lunch, or for that matter, anywhere other than the bathroom or to get some water!!

Being senior does not entitle one to be RUDE.

Just achieved the "senior" designation :)

Several times, I would have enjoyed a 1/2 hr stop on a lounge chair where they were all taken - so please consider there are alot of seniors on the ship who are being denied a place to sit while the chairhog has lunch or is elsewhere. Not fair. JMHO

Well I usually get up to the pool deck by 9:30 A.M. to scope out the chair situation while DW is getting ready. You must take into consideration direction of sun, wind speed and direction and do you want shade during the hottest part of the day. The premium chair is close to the pool WITH access to an aisle so you do not have to crawl over anybody.

However, I do not remove my stuff if I'm going to eat lunch at the buffet for a half hour or less. No lollygagging though - thats not fair.

Rob

So are you saying there is a science to lying in a chair by the pool? :rolleyes:

I notice the topic of your post was "true" chair hogs. By the inference of your initial paragraph of scoping out the best seats are you a "partial" chair hog? Or maybe a chair piglet? :confused:

So are you saying there is a science to lying in a chair by the pool? :rolleyes:

I notice the topic of your post was "true" chair hogs. By the inference of your initial paragraph of scoping out the best seats are you a "partial" chair hog? Or maybe a chair piglet? :confused:

We need a Chair Hog FAQ

As one embarks on a cruise they are handed their own deck chair with their their name stensiled on it. The deck departmment will be happy to transport said chair to whereever you want it to go.

Why stencil your name? I thought all those extra luggage tags were for claiming your sun chair, your shade chair, your I-don't-want-anyone-sitting-by-me chair, etc.

Oh, and one for bringing your case of beer or liquor onboard.

Sara

You are a chair hog when you buy the chair/lounge package (what a great idea!)

Hey I know...Now the new ULTRA Premium Drink Package:

This includes the Premium Drink Package AND unlimited usage of a designated lounge chair by the pool. Just remember no sharing drinks or chairs. Daily cost is a measly $75/pp/pd :p

I sure wish a place like Oriental Trading had something that was inexpensive and still appropriate...

Check out Micheal's, got a great 'kids' sun visor with a pig 'hogs' face on for $3. Bought 7, so I can be a true hog and put them on several chairs.;):D;)

After several mornings of suffering chair hogging of the delux sun beds on the Infinity, I woke early, gathered lots of books from the library, lots of towels and commandeered all the delux sun beds on one side. Came back after 29 minutes and 59 seconds to find the true chair hogs milling about, very upset and not sure what to do. Me, being a true hero that I am, said to the gathered 'swine' "I hate these da** chair hogs" and proceeded to remove all of the items and sat down. A few must have realised what had happened, were slightly embarrassed but some thought I was a true hero and brought me drinks. I believe the date was April 1 st 2011.:D;)

You must be sleeping under the sinks. Your having pipe dreams!!:):):)

You must be sleeping under the sinks. Your having pipe dreams!!:):):)

A pipe dream is a fantastic hope or plan that is generally regarded as being nearly impossible to achieve, originating in the 19th century as an allusion to the dreams experienced by smokers of opium pipes.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_dream

:confused:

A pipe dream is a fantastic hope or plan that is generally regarded as being nearly impossible to achieve, originating in the 19th century as an allusion to the dreams experienced by smokers of opium pipes.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_dream

If you don't understand the intent of my post oh well.:):)

Someone boasted over on the RCI boards that they tip $20 to have a chair delivered to their balcony. Removing a chair so that no-one else can use it - I believe we may have found the ultimate chair hog!

We recently returned from a cruise on the Solstice which was chair-hogging at its worst. We walked for an hour each morning above the pool beginning at 6:30 and watched as the pool attendants began to put out the chairs and the same chair hogs swooped in to perform their daily rituals of moving chairs around, wrapping them in towels, and leaving books, shoes, and backpacks to mark their territory. I think some of these people actually bring chair reserving kits with them from home.

If the other passengers allowed this practice to happen then they're as guilty as the chair hogs themselves.

Can't say as if I agree with you Rick. It's not my job to police the other passengers. By the same token if there's a chair I want and I see it unoccupied for 45 minutes or so I will move the stuff and take it. I'll be getting the ones in the shade so you sun worshipers need not worry. While I don't look for it I'm not in the least bit shy of conflict, much to the chagrin of my wife.

Sorry

I was just trying to find out about the origin of the phrase "Pipe Dream"

I was only trying to say that some people don't care what is right and consider others they could care less. So to think they care is a waste of time.

I was not being rude:)

Hey I know...Now the new ULTRA Premium Drink Package:

This includes the Premium Drink Package AND unlimited usage of a designated lounge chair by the pool. Just remember no sharing drinks or chairs. Daily cost is a measly $75/pp/pd :p

If I get the 'ULTRA Classic Drink Package' do I get a towel laid out on the deck but no chair?

Does the ULTRA Premium Package include unlimited amounts of top notch sun lotion? :D

If I have been occupying a chair all day and I get up to grab some lunch and come back within 15 minutes, am I considered a chair hog?

Nope! You are good. Chair hogs save chairs, but don't use them.

The rule of thumb is about 1/2 hour of non-use makes you a hog.

Leaving a book and towel on a chair at 8am and not coming back until 1pm - that's a BIG hog!

So i posted this list i made quickly in another thread and a few people liked it so feel free to add on. No i'm not endorsing chair hogging or the abuse of those who chair hog. No hogs were hurt in the creation of this list and I don't have anything against pork products.

If you go too eat a meal and don't take you stuff your a chair hog.

If you go to play bingo in the theater and leave your stuff on your chair guess what your still a chair hog.

If you got to have portraiture taken by the ships photographer and don't take your stuff your a chair hog.

If your book has a better tan than you, your a chair hog.

If your husband / wife might show up some time before the end of the cruise and that's why the chair your saving is empty your a chair hog.

If you go back to your cabin to take a shower watch some tv order some room service and don't take the stuff off your deck chair your a chair hog.

If you wake up at 4 am to put a flip flop and a towel on a chair for noon your a chair hog,

There is no such thing as a chair hog. They do not exist. This is a myth made up by lazy cruisers.

Archived