Poll: What Would You Like to See Aboard Royal Caribbean's New Ships

CCShayne

What would you like to find aboard Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?  

1,240 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to find aboard Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

• Affordable family cabins that sleep up to five.
    • A large, temperature controlled, adults-only solarium.
    • An underwater specialty restaurant or bar.
    • A lazy river.
    • Bungee jumping off the bow.
    • Fewer smoking areas.

Has RCI leaked any information about any new innovations for the new ships?

Nothing that I am aware of. Contract was just executed with the shipyard but, based on past practice, I suspect that the RCI PR machine is gearing up and will begin revealing some secrets before too long. Right now I think they are concentrating their publicity on the new features being added to Freedom, Liberty, Radiance and Splendour.:)

How about more cabins for solo cruisers..And better pricing for us solo's..

Bingo.

DW can't always fit a cruise into her schedule, so I solo.

I'd solo more if cruise lines had favorable solo rates...

you know, not paying for 'ghost riders'.

:cool::(

I would like to see RCCL take a serious look again at their menus and the quality in the ingredients. I am especially unhappy with the desserts in MDR and in the Windjammer. Since I travel on RCCL for my vacation I look forward to desserts and over time RCCL is really taking a turn downward on the quality of their dessert offerings. Need taste to the desserts with better quality ingredients.

Single Cruiser Cabins

NO SMOKING ANYWHERE

Better food, especially dessert

Somewhere to iron my clothes

Don't count on the second or last, certainly not the last since they consider irons to be a fire hazard, and despite the decline in the number of smokers there are still enough to make it economically unfeasible to eliminate so many prospective cruisers.

As you have previously been informed, there are several acceptable alternatives to ironing your wrinkled clothes. Try them and you might not need to find ways to smuggle an iron onboard.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, a Self serve laundry with iron......such as Princess

Deli with hot sandwiches, for example made to order Rubin sandwich....such as Carnival.

Caribbean, steel drum music when sailing in the Caribbean, like everyone use to have..

You asked!!!

Squirt guns that can only be fired toward the boarding areas and are activated 5 minutes after the time you are suppose to be back on board so we can really harass the late returning passengers.

I would like to see RCCL take a serious look again at their menus and the quality in the ingredients. I am especially unhappy with the desserts in MDR and in the Windjammer. Since I travel on RCCL for my vacation I look forward to desserts and over time RCCL is really taking a turn downward on the quality of their dessert offerings. Need taste to the desserts with better quality ingredients.

Try Carnival's limited desserts and horrible sugar free dessert selection. RCI's are far superior and I'm looking forward to having a decent selection on Radiance again after the plain, simple, not much of anything to choose from selection on Carnival Spirit.

Gina

While we're talking about food, let's just skip the midnight buffet. What a waste, and the idea of taking pictures for an hour beforehand, then having everyone leave the dining room and come back in ceremoniously to view it? Just plain stupid.

On what ship does this still happen? I haven't seen it in years.

Gina

my vote is for this next ship to leave from New York and go to nice places. NOT CANADA for the love of god please not Canada ....

What's wrong with Canada? We're doing the New England / Canada itinerary this summer. I thought it would be a nice change from Mexico and the Caribbean.

And while we're on the subject of cooler weather trips... I'd like to see covered pools for families when the outdoor pools are not in weather friendly seas. Not sure about RCI ships that go to cooler climes, but Princess allowed kids in their covered pool and the Celebrity Infinity solarium pool was open to families on our Alaska trip. I'm wondering about the Enchantment this summer.

Our vote would be for much less smoking areas, this is one aspect that has put us off RCCL recently, NCL seem to have a better approach.

I like the idea of a lazy river and adult solarium.

Also a better spa area like the ones on NCL, the lack of this area on Oasis has meant we have crossed this off our to do list.

Less smoking areas

Lazy river

No smoking on any type of balcony/stateroom/public area

More indoor pools, heated pools, heated indoor pool area for all ships

Coffee makers in all rooms

Robes for any guest that requests one

Archived