Poll: What Would You Like to See Aboard Royal Caribbean's New Ships

CCShayne

What would you like to find aboard Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?  

1,240 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to find aboard Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

• Affordable family cabins that sleep up to five.
    • A large, temperature controlled, adults-only solarium.
    • An underwater specialty restaurant or bar.
    • A lazy river.
    • Bungee jumping off the bow.
    • Fewer smoking areas.

The Aft cabins on the Voyager/Freedom ships have WAAAYYY too much steel hanging down..ever been on one of those? I was aft on the AOS & NOS in Jr. Suites...love the aft experience, but, man, too many beams hanging down..take a look at the aft cabins on Solstice, NCL,HAL & CCL ships- no steel dangling in front of you...

Slides are great fun for the kids....Adult Solarium on Oasis amazing BUT too warm from May- Oct..I was on there in Jan and even then it was hot...the infinity canti-levered whirpools are fabulous...pools on 90% of cruise ships are all too small- only Oasis ships lots of pool areas...

Japanese Steakhouse like on NCL is good...also on NCL, the Garden Cafe ,which ships have at the back with a great view of the sea,is wonderful...aft pools, like on HAL & Princess also nice..

Agreed RCI needs more family cabins, connecting cabins, bigger Junior Suites w/ bigger verandahs....beer bar with 15-20 drafts would be great ( or maybe just add that to the British Pub, which I love!)

Big Al

1) Enhanced, Vegas-style resort spa (think Caesar's QUA spa), one for men & one for women, offering multiple plunge pools (hot/cold), steam & saunas, and then an adjoining outdoor co-ed area.

Such spaces exist on several NCL ships, where they are very popular and provide additional revenue stream (for an amazing spa environment, I'll GLADLY pay a daily fee to access, as is done in Vegas). P.S.- RCI seriously dropped the ball with the Oasis spa areas.

2) Single-occupancy cabins or enhanced-pricing options for those traveling solo.

3) More floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the ship: "LET THE SUN SHINE IN!!" (get it?! ;o)

:p

Gigglewolf O' The Seas

I HATE the indoor Solariums....I want an Adult's only pool area where you can tan!!!

Also, not on the list, but I'd love to see more outdoor dining areas on ships....

Yes...a BIG lazy river would be lovely, but I bet it would be so packed that it would become unusable.

Please add more storage spaces and affordable cabins for a family of five. The Oasis Class ships have very limited closet and drawer space.

We found that also when we were on Oasis. I am happy to say that this shortcoming has been addressed on Allure and there has been a distinct improvement in the storage facilities on Allure. Hopefully they will retrofit Oasis cabins in a similar fashion.

I HATE the indoor Solariums....I want an Adult's only pool area where you can tan!!!

Try that when you sail from cool (sometimes cold) ports and lose use of the pool area for two or so days on each end of the cruise, and you might not "hate" them so much. In these days when awareness of the dangers of exposure to the sun should be much greater, sun worshipping isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Believe it or not dried up, leathery skin is just not that attractive to many of us.

Incidentally I think we all tend to use the word "hate" much too frequently when we describe things that we don't especially like. Perhaps its use should be reserved for things that are really worthy of being "hated".

I would like to see more cabin options for cruisers with accessibility needs. Our family is a good example of how we pick our cruises. My daughter uses a wheelchair and has an intellectual disability so therefore can not cruise alone. I also have a husband and a son. So when we cruise we often have to book a quad cabin (often not accessible) due to the expense of booking 2 twins to get an accessible cabin. There are not many ships that offer reasonable accessible cabins that sleep 4 or even 5 people.

With Jonny Rockets it got me thinking.

How about Famous Daves? or some great BBQ on the ship.

Mike

I think Famous Dave's or maybe a TGIF's type place would be a cool hang out at night.

I would like to see some bar food offered at all of the bars. Wings, loaded fries, Quesadillas, etc.

One of RCI's earliest ships had windows that looked into the main pool from a corridor on one of the passenger decks, and of course, aquariums are made of glass that can withstand tremendous pressure. Frankly it may not always be a great idea to be able to view what is going on underwater in the pool.;) One of Carnival's ships had a glass dance floor that was located directly above another lounge. Some unsuspecting female passengers were not thrilled when they learned about the view that they were providing others below.:eek:

Which one? I would book that. :D

With Jonny Rockets it got me thinking.

How about Famous Daves? or some great BBQ on the ship.

Mike

I'm actually surprised that RCI hasn't leased out space on their ships to the following corportions:

1. McDonalds

2. Subway

3. Baskin Robins/Dunkin Donuts

4. Olive Garden

5. TGIF/Applebees

Personally I think that a Subway/Subway-like area would be really good on a cruiseship. In the morning you could get made to order biscuits/english muffin sandwiches

For lunch/dinner you get made to order subs just like the land based stores or their personal pan pizza's as well.

In order for the company to make money there is a surcharge of $2 or $10/day for unlimited sandwiches/pizza.

I'm actually surprised that RCI hasn't leased out space on their ships to the following corportions:

1. McDonalds

2. Subway

3. Baskin Robins/Dunkin Donuts

4. Olive Garden

5. TGIF/Applebees

Personally I think that a Subway/Subway-like area would be really good on a cruiseship. In the morning you could get made to order biscuits/english muffin sandwiches

For lunch/dinner you get made to order subs just like the land based stores or their personal pan pizza's as well.

In order for the company to make money there is a surcharge of $2 or $10/day for unlimited sandwiches/pizza.

Substitute Johnny Rockets for McDonalds, Ben & Jerry's for Baskin Robbins, and Starbucks for Dunkin Donuts and they have already covered about half of what you are looking for.:) Not sure that any of the franchises you are looking forward to could be classified as highlights of a culinary experience.;)

negc (quote)

Try that when you sail from cool (sometimes cold) ports and lose use of the pool area for two or so days on each end of the cruise, and you might not "hate" them so much. In these days when awareness of the dangers of exposure to the sun should be much greater, sun worshipping isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Believe it or not dried up, leathery skin is just not that attractive to many of us.

Incidentally I think we all tend to use the word "hate" much too frequently when we describe things that we don't especially like. Perhaps its use should be reserved for things that are really worthy of being "hated".

As a UK Cruiser being around the pool, sometimes even in good weather you would need a coat. So a retractable canopy would be required.

How about a Zip Wire from up the Funnel that takes you out over the Sea and back, that would be a Buzz,

A. How about better designed cabins.

Just completed cruise on the Oasis and had a wonderful 12th deck balcony overlooking Central Park. However,

1. Bed was abutting the closet and it was frustating getting to the lower shelves in the closet.

2. The electrical outlets were under the desk and had to get on our hands and knees to plug hairdresser, camera chargers, etc.

3. Bigger safe. The Oasis safe is about half the Voyager/Vision class version.

B. Would love to have Direct TV available in rooms on a pay basis. The present channel line-up is the pits. Also, many times some programs faded in and out.

C. Charbroiled hamburgers/hot dogs by the pool. On the Oasis we were not allowed to eat by the pool and also not able to drink bottled beer in the pool.

D. Would love to bring back preparing special requests by your dining room table. Oh, how I miss this benefit from the olden days.

would love to see a lazy river, but it would have to be pretty wide or it will get crowded during sea days. also grill by the pool with burgers, fries onion rings. get rid of JR. does anyone like johnny rockets?

Only if it's free or has a reduced price.

I would love to see an outside dinner option - something nicer than Johnny Rockets - especially in the Caribbean or in Europe in the summer. I can think of nothing much nicer than dining outdoors on a beautiful warm evening, enjoying a glass of wine, a nice meal and watching the lights of the port you are in or the sea pass by.

I think that EVERY cruise ship (line) should offer you table size choice when you make your reservation - AND GUARANTEE IT. Celebrity does it and we have ALWAYS had the two top we requested.

It is the only "must have" for my DH, I can pick the ship, cruise time, days anything I would like as long as it is Celebrity so that we will have a 2 top dining table. We have cruised other cruise lines and even though we go to the maitre'd as soon as possible it has been impossible to get a 2 top from anyone else.

As my DH so plainly puts it: "When we go out to dinner at a fine restaurant do we ask to be seated with other people? When we go to a fast food restaurant or Denny's or IHOP or a Steak House do we ask to sit at a table with other diners, NO!!! SO WHY would I want to sit with other people when I am on a vacation? I only want to talk with you, not those other people! They may be lovely people, but I do NOT want to eat dinner with them!" I must admit he has a good point. And after 37 years of marriage the fact that he still enjoys my company, only, that much is a real compliment!

SO - it is a guaranteed table size or we will not cruise with you.

Archived