NCL Captains

ikar1101

who is captian of the ncl star

I think this might be the thread you are looking for...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2143874

And for the star post #8

Star

Captain – Konstantinos Fafalios

Hotel Director – Hugo Vanosmael

Cruise Director – Iain Bagshaw

Chief Engineer - Sergey Gorshkov

Staff Captain – Marin Vucetic

Staff Chief Engineer – Andrea Meli

Food & Beverage Director – Vikramraj Parthasarthy

Executive Chef – Orwill Saldanha

Executive Housekeeper – Cesar Hapa

Concierge – Ruth

Staff Captain: Marin Dobrila

Guest Service Manager: Claudia Condurachi

Restaurant Manager: Adine Barret

Beverage Manager: Aldo Candare

Guest Service Coordinator/Access Officer: Ronald Roca

It's a listing of captains, hotel directors, etc.

Hope this helps!

Carrie

PS - There may be updated info further in the thread.

Someone is always looking for conspiracies in everything. Look at the Merchant Marine Academy where all US ships officers begin. The number of women that want into this business is a tiny fraction, and of that number, very few put in the 30+ years it takes to become a Captain. Many don't want to be away from their families for the long periods of time it takes to work your way up. Many drop out to raise families, the six-nine month assignments that it takes as your working your way up through the ranks means leaving the kiddies and husbands at home for all that time. There are a few in the commercial shipping world, but even there, where you gain experience, there are very few.

Just curious, are you saying it's easier for the hubbies to leave the wife and kiddies at home than vice versa?

who is captian of the ncl star

Mattias Andersson since 12th June 2015

Very nice fellow and probably the biggest guy I have ever met. He was Staff Captain on the Pearl around 2009/2010 but I don't know which ships he has been on since.

The Jewel captain, responding to a question at our meet and greet, stated NCL had no female captains or deck officers. Let's hope NCL decides to update its personnel policies into the 21st century.

Out of curiosity I googled this information. Royal caribbean and Celebrity have female captains.

Wondering why The NCL ship- Pride of America not on the list!

We had "Captain Ron" on board the POA last September. We were also fortunate enough to be invited to dine at his table the night we sailed from the Big Island to Kauai.

Very interesting evening... we learned that the captain of the POA (since it is an American Flag vessel) MUST be an American citizen. We also learned that Captain Ron and his 1st Officer are both licensed harbor pilots, therefore we never had to wait for a local pilot to board before coming into port.

Captain Ron also suggested we try a truly amazing, flour-less, chocolate decadence dessert... all I can say is it was incredible. :D

We were entertained by Captain Lars on the Pearl (Sept. 2011) and we treated to bridge tour on the Gem by Captain Roger (Jan/Feb 2013)

Edited by azappraiser

I love the zombie threads. :rolleyes:

Someone reopens a thread that's been inactive for years and people start questioning, arguing with and commenting on posts made years ago.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

[YOUTUBE]umj0gu5nEGs[/YOUTUBE]

• 6 months later...
  • 7 years later...
On 2/21/2011 at 11:39 AM, youngestof9 said:

Really? I thought we had two captains. The Captain Speaking and Your Captain Speaking. They sounded distinctly similar though

😉

We can't hear the announcements very well, because everyone keeps talking when the captain is speaking.