Fruit Punch - Will it be back?

John&John

John Heald recently mentioned that Carnival is still looking for a fruit punch that won't stain the carpets.

I wonder if they ever considered a fruit punch of a different color than red?

It's just food coloring anyway!

How about just a tiny bit of coloring or just a touch of grenadine?

Just wondering....Any thoughts?

I loved the punch....the lemonade is way too sour.

But I think alot of people were using it for mixing drinks and it cut down on the bar $$$.

i think they were using the kids as an excuse maybe....just a little.

Carnivals first excuse for discontinuing the fruit punch was that they were changing vendors for it. Then after quite a long period of time,,and no fruit punch,,,they said it was because too many kids spilled it on their spotless carpet, and it was difficult to clean. I LOVED the fruit punch, and agree that the lemonade is too sour, and the ice tea just taste like crap. BRING BACK FRUIT PUNCH! :mad:

"SKY"

We just bring the Crystal Lite individual-serve packets of fruit punch. It's good, and REALLY good with rum.

Yep... we always bring those Crystal Light To-Go packets for our mixers. They travel well, mix well with alcohol, and no calories! :D

I loved the punch....the lemonade is way too sour.

But I think alot of people were using it for mixing drinks and it cut down on the bar $$$.

i think they were using the kids as an excuse maybe....just a little.

IMO, you are correct!

That would be nice. After all, I need something to mix with my rum :D

What.....no fruit punch???? When did this happen? Oh no how am I suppose to mix my drinks? I might have to change what I carry on.

And people wonder why they got rid of the fruit punch in the first place :rolleyes:

Don't let them kid you, they knew everyone was using the punch as a mixer, and if they discontinued it, people would use the bar to get their fruity drinks. It is all about money - the fruit punch will never reappear on a Carnival ship.

They claimed they discontinued it due to staining but wonder why they cannot use a clear color.

And your kids would drink clear fruit punch? :rolleyes:

Or you or your spouse would pour perfectly good clear rum into clear fruit punch and walk around with a drink that looks and tastes like spiked Sprite?:eek:

Just look at how well clear Coke went over:p

I too miss the fruit punch. I like lemonade but it's so hit or miss if the glass will be good. For some reason they don't seem to get a good mix. I dont drink tea. So I drink a lot of pop that I carry on and water.

I have never smuggled but I do love me a vodka lemonade and I'm sure others do as well. So sure ppl are mixing w/ this as well.

Guava punch is only out in the mornings. It's very tasty! Nothing like fruit punch though.

Very interesting...not sure if anyone else who has taken the Beyond the Fun Tour has noticed, but Fruit Punch is served in the juice machines in crew areas.

BTW-It's also in every Funship Special served on Embarkation Day

Very good observations! :)

We stock up on OJ on Lido as a mix. Use coffee pot from room service.

Explained to me it was a staining problem with carpet and tile grout so did away with punch.

Just to add

You can take Punch powder similar to Kool Aid.....mix is never a problem

so no one likes the passion/guava juice they have instead of the punch? I think it's just as good.

they only serve that guava juice during breakfast though. I guess you would have to stock up during breakfast. Its good but not as good as the fruit punch;)

Archived