Have to share - First price reduction

freetocruise

Just checking, as I will do on a slow Saturday, the prices for our Christmas cruise on the Emerald. To my surprise, there was a price listed lower than what I booked. Since I haven't transferred it over to my TA, I called Princess and they refared it. I saved $520 for an AD minisuite. On a Christmas cruise and with the AD category now only available as a guarantee!

I feel like I won the lottery, since most of the cruises we sail on seem to increase in price.

Congratulations on the price drop!

I've had three drops so far on my Star Princess cruise. For the first one I had to give up my specific AD stateroom and drop to an AE guarantee (saved $1,800 total). Then the AE guarantee dropped by $200. Last week all the mini-suite categories had huge drops so I saved another $100 and bumped up to an AD guarantee ('cause I really don't want to end up in an AE). I'm pretty certain the AD cabins will get booked up so that will mean I'll be in at least an AC cabin for over $2,000 less than our original fare.

I love price drops :D

price reductions always feel good. We book our cruises early and not always at the best pricing so I am a real price checker. We saved $500 each $1,000 total)from the time we first booked the cruise to when we made are final payment. That savings will pay for all our expenses (tours, drinks packets etc). We were doing the happy dance indeed!

So wish we could get these price drops in the UK it is so unfair:mad::mad:

Perhaps if the EU dropped its requirements for cruise lines paying for everything when a cruise goes awry then the liability will be much less and you too can have lower prices. Whenever this subject comes up, posters always seem to forget the cruise lines liability is so much higher for a EU passenger than a North American.

That's a great early Christmas present. We also have a Christmas cruise booked but we are in a suite (which is twice as much as the week before) and they are waitlisted so I don't think Santa will be leaving us any gifts. The way the economy seems to be heading lately with gas prices and grocery prices going up the last couple weeks, I wouldn't doubt that many people may end of canceling. Our son is joining us and he has limited time because of his teaching job and flights are four times what we paid last November. It's costing us way more than I imagined.

itsajoke, I'm afraid our catagory won't go down at all since it is waitlisted.

We usually fly AirTran and they are only booking thru the latter part of October. We need a late afternoon flight and there aren't many offered. Hate to chance a same day flight.

WHo knows how flights will affect cruises. If they decide to add the fuel surcharge, think how much that would add to a family of four.

Just checking, as I will do on a slow Saturday, the prices for our Christmas cruise on the Emerald. To my surprise, there was a price listed lower than what I booked. Since I haven't transferred it over to my TA, I called Princess and they refared it. I saved $520 for an AD minisuite. On a Christmas cruise and with the AD category now only available as a guarantee!

I feel like I won the lottery, since most of the cruises we sail on seem to increase in price.

That's great & I also check frequently for price reductions. Are you participaring with the Roll Call for your cruise? If so, I've shared price reductions with my fellow passengers so they can try to get it also.

Your post prompted me to check our upcoming late June cruise to Alaska. Saved $100.00 per person by calling Princess! Whoo, hoo! Every little bit helps along the way. Looking forward to maybe a few more before final payment in six weeks. Is it true that after final payment we don't benefit from fare reductions? Thanks for posting this!:o

price reductions always feel good. We book our cruises early and not always at the best pricing so I am a real price checker. We saved $500 each $1,000 total)from the time we first booked the cruise to when we made are final payment. That savings will pay for all our expenses (tours, drinks packets etc). We were doing the happy dance indeed!

that's great! what cruise are you booked on?

That's great & I also check frequently for price reductions. Are you participaring with the Roll Call for your cruise? If so, I've shared price reductions with my fellow passengers so they can try to get it also.

I have checked but there doesn't appear to be a roll call for the 12/19/11 Emerald Princess cruise. We were on the same cruise last year and there was a very slow roll call with few postings. It must have something to do with the holiday cruises being full of extended familiies and not a lot of cruisecritic cruisers. I love sailing at Christmas but started doing it because of work - not by choice.

Archived