Intercontinental - Miami

kcbutterfly

Just walk quickly, head up, and be aware of your surroundings at all times. I would never walk in Miami after dark, just FYI. Daylight hours are OK but never for us at night.

We have stayed here twice for a total of 4 nights. Never had a problem being out at night. Of course there was two of us (DH and myself). We were never out past 10 p.m. though!

The area has been cleaned up significantly the past few years.

It is perfectly safe to walk from IC through the park in the evening. They frequently have outdoor movies or concerts at the area right across the street from IC (before you actually enter Bayside proper).

We've gone out to dinner at Puntino's Restaurant (a couple of blocks from IC) several times when we've stayed there and we've walked back to the hotel very late at night with no problems.

As others have said, as is the case anywhere (including my own neighborhood), just be aware of your surroundings when you are out at night.

Jo-Ann

Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone have a suggest for a good place for breakfast at a reasonable price ($8 to $10 per person) near the IC? Thanks.

Latin American Cafe opens at 7 a.m. and is across the street from IC at Bayside Market. It is reasonably priced.

Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone have a suggest for a good place for breakfast at a reasonable price ($8 to $10 per person) near the IC? Thanks.

We had breakfast just down the street from the IC, a few blocks past Putino's Italian restaurant. I can't remember the name, but it is on the same side of the street that Putino's is on and is on a corner, across from a CVS Pharmacy store I believe. Your breakfast is made fresh, after placing your order. DH and I had a breakfast scramble bowl. Very good and reasonably priced. I wish I could remember the darn name of the restaurant. Maybe someone else knows the name of this place.:rolleyes:

There is a starbucks inside the hotel ...but there is another one on a side street, as are a few other places. I love that chicken place near there (some name like el polo loco), try the fried bananas and its much more reasonable than bayside. I ate the boneless wing special at hooters at bayside, and sat on the water, and read my book for a while waiting on my roomie to arrive which was nice too.

I walked all over the area by myself and Im female.

There is a free tram that you could get to the Mcdonalds. My roomie did it about 5 am and said the homeless people scared her that early.

We had breakfast just down the street from the IC, a few blocks past Putino's Italian restaurant. I can't remember the name, but it is on the same side of the street that Putino's is on and is on a corner, across from a CVS Pharmacy store I believe. Your breakfast is made fresh, after placing your order. DH and I had a breakfast scramble bowl. Very good and reasonably priced. I wish I could remember the darn name of the restaurant. Maybe someone else knows the name of this place.:rolleyes:

Well since we have to make a stop at the CVS when we arrive on the Friday before the cruise, I will have an opportunity to find the name of the restaurant. We leave in 26 days and can't wait!

Archived