Goodby MERCURY

hancock

But no chair hogs.

no chairs ! That's why....:D;)

And the ''hogs'' are all at work ripping the place apart and prepping for the yard...

sniff.....

Another kleenex please....

Who IS on her right now besides capt, etc? Are there a bunch of workers still tearing her apart as they go over there? Did they retain some of the dining crew so these people could be fed/served???

Hi,

from what I am aware, the bridge ( Master, alternate, etc.etc..) and engineer crews are still == X== :they are taking her over to Hamburg for an official ''handover'' protocol. I would think a small size Celebrity hotel/ onboard service crew remains on duty to look after the numerous MyersWreft (sp?? ) and TUI personnel already on board for the prep work prior to arriving in Hamburg and continuing onto to Pappenburg after the hand over.

But everybody else on duty at debarkation on the 26th is long gone to their respective '' next destination'' ( home, another ship, etc...).

IMO

Cheers

I just took another AIS grab of where she is adding back in all the other (non-passenger) ships back into the mix giving an idea of the traffic congestion:

When is the name going to change to Mein Ship II

That plot remindes me when I was a radarman in the Navy. All those targets to track.

When is the name going to change to Mein Ship II?

The name won't officially change over until after the refurbishment is completed and the christening ceremony by TUI even though they have already taken over ownership of the vessel from Celebrity Cruises.

Mercury's a fine ship and I hope she's treated well. The all too short P.N.W. cruise I took on the Merc remains the best I've ever been taken. Great crew, fun passenegers and big martini's.

What more could you ask for in a cruise?

Mercury's a fine ship and I hope she's treated well. The all too short P.N.W. cruise I took on the Merc remains the best I've ever been taken. Great crew, fun passenegers and big martini's.

What more could you ask for in a cruise?

Pacific Northwest cruise?

I belong to SPIT

Society for the prevention of initialed titles

We have such fond memories of Mercury - cruised our honeymoon cruise in Apr 2000 on this beautiful ship. I also take my cruisecritic name from her! I wish her well and hope that she will continue turning future travellers into seasoned cruisers - just like she did for us!

Looks like they will gut the Mercury. Sniff

Gyproc supplies for Mein Schiff 2

Gyproc will supply their Glasroc Marine product for on board the second cruise vessel of TUI Cruises, Mein Schiff 2. The vessel, which previously served under the name Celebrity Mercury, has been acquired by TUI Cruises at the end of February 2011. After renovation – at Lloyd Werft – it will go into service under the new name Mein Schiff 2 in May 2011.

Glasroc Marine is a glass fibre reinforced gypsum (GRG) board that has great strength yet high flexibility with an ultra smooth surface. The 6mm board that is less than 5.5kg/m2 can be shaped to a radius of 600mm without any pre-treatment and without fear of cracking or breaking. This makes it the perfect board for curved and profiled internal linings and helping to achieve creative and interesting interior design often desired in the public areas of passenger ships today.

Glasroc Marine is a fire safe material that fulfils the strict MED requirements of ship building for non-combustibility

from

http://www.saint-gobain-marine.com/index.php/archives/1053?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gyproc-supplies-for-mein-schiff-2

Lloyd Werft wins Tui cruise deal

TUI Cruise has commissioned German repair and conversion yard Lloyd Werft to refurbish its second cruise vessel in a €50m ($66m) deal, writes Patrick Hagen in Hamburg.

The converted ship will have 956 cabins, 422 of which will have a balcony or veranda. The company will take over the vessel, which will be called "Mein Schiff 2" on February 28, 2011 from current owner Celebrity Cruises, also a Royal Caribbean subsidiary. The vessel is currently trading under the name "Celebrity Mercury".

The purchase price was not revealed and TUI gave no details of how it would finance the purchase. TUI Cruises shelved plans to finance the ship via a fund set up by KG house LLoyd Fonds.

from

http://www.saint-gobain-marine.com/index.php/archives/1053?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gyproc-supplies-for-mein-schiff-2

At approximately 8:50amEST/2:50pmCET the ex-Celebrity MERCURY entered the drydock at Bremerhaven, Germany after an intricate set of maneuvers that took her into the inner tidal basin of the shipyard through a set of locks and passages. Her are some AIS grabs from the maneuvers and an overall AIS grab of the voyage:

MercuryLast4.jpg

MercuryEnd1.jpg

MercuryEnd2.jpg

MercuryLast3.jpg

At approximately 8:50amEST/2:50pmCET the ex-Celebrity MERCURY entered the drydock at Bremerhaven, Germany after an intricate set of maneuvers that took her into the inner tidal basin of the shipyard through a set of locks and passages. Her are some AIS grabs from the maneuvers and an overall AIS grab of the voyage:

Excellent job of tracking her final voyage as the Mercury. Thanks so much for sharing this post! She is missed by many.

OK, OK, this is a photoshop of what the Mercury looks like in the Bremerhaven drydock (it is the drydock) By the time someone snaps a shot of her, we may not recognize her. Let's just call this our last view of her as the Mercury.

brem_merc2.jpg

Archived