All things EARTH...

Thanks Melody! I agree that I need a better balance...CZ stud is a good idea...need WAY more sparkle at the ears...and a diamond stud big enough is definitely not in the current budget!

I'm book marking this here...because I'm sorting through old paper work (finally) and I saw this watch brand:

TechnoMarine

Some are pretty pricey and this is one of the less expensive ones:

http://www.amazon.com/TechnoMarine-Womens-114016-Monogram-Display/dp/B00IN691J4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_241_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Z4CGZ1D8AR5R4N0XR52&dpID=51R65t0XDML&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

I like it though! Sharing for all the animal print lovers out there...

Not currently in my budget though...but I think this would be a great active watch...fun design that would also coordinate well with most activewear...

Oh my goodness, Earth ladies, get to Kohls! I bought a long sleeved tissue thin TShirt that is burgundy with a gold shimmer for...$8. It's in the Apt 9 groupings. They also had a khaki with gold shimmer, but that faded into the background on me & a couple of other colors. I'll get a picture soon. It's a bit lighter than my black currant Athleta skort, but blends well. I'll wear it on our cruise in the evening with my bronze evening pants. Even DH said, oh that's really nice (high praise!). It'll pack like a dream! Melody

Edited by awhfy

Anita, now that I'm on a computer with a real keyboard, I'll type a bit more than I did a few nights ago. I really, really, REALLY love your swimsuit pictures. I think you look beautiful in those photos.

I am really loving your formal night picture as well! The outfits that you and your husband wore seem so fitting, for your sense of style and as you indicated, for looking special. That is the feeling I get when I look at them. That tank top really is a fabulous color on you.

As you know, I love necklaces so yours is no exception! I agree with Melody, that a hefty cubic zirconia stud would be a great earring choice.

I'm thinking ahead to "what will I wear on my cruise?" when I don't even sail until June, lol. But I am thinking about how I will have my dresses back from the tailor, and how when I was trying them on for her, she was really looking to make these things fit the way they should.

I am seriously thinking of sneaking in a short cruise in February or March. I want to avoid spring break, so I should probably stick with February. Travel insurance for air fare, cruise and hotel would all be a must, since winter travel is dicey from Central New York. I may go back on Enchantment, or maybe Majesty. A few other ships have 4 day cruises as well. I think Liberty (not certain I have the right ship) does a 4 day with just on port, and that is Cozumel. Is that where that all inclusive resort is? That would make a great beach day.

I really love Cococay, enough for me to say it is my favorite port overall. I'm not positive we go to the same area you did, but if you get off the tender and start walking, you don't need to go too far. The beach is on the right, and the band plays on the left, next to the buffet. The music is not too loud, it's just great to listen to (I can pick it up with my hearing aid). This place taught me what relaxing is!

And that photo bomb picture...lol! Too funny. You and your husband look so happy in all your photos. They are just wonderful.

Anita , You look fabulous in your bathing suit & that formal outfit was so great . You & your husband looked so relaxed and perfect for a short cruise . Another thought for an earring would be a vintage earring .

Laurie , Brilliance sails short cruises from Tampa . A four day that goes to Cozumel & a five day that does Key West & Cozumel .

Anita,

Loved that photo bomb pic...had me laughing my head off! The pics of you and your DH from formal night are awesome! What a nice looking couple. You both look so happy and relaxed.

The minute I saw the pic of the close up of your necklace, I too thought a large cubic zircon stud would be perfect with it.

Lauri,

Thanks for your support. Yeah, it stinks when your kid is hurting. But things are better. He's replaced quite a lot of the things he had stolen though there's still lots more to be replaced. He's actually coming home this weekend so I'll get to see him before I leave for FL which I'm so happy about. I'm going to take him to TJ Maxx and buy him a new Michael Kors watch as he's been wanting one. Some of his watch collection that was stolen can't be replaced because the watches are no longer made so I thought I'd get him one by a designer he didn't have so it will be a "new" watch and not a reminder of one that was stolen. TJ's have a few on sale that I saw today. I think he'll be really surprised and happy to pick one out.

Melody,

I'm so glad you scored on your shopping trip to Kohls. I too scored good today on my trip to TJ Maxx. I hadn't been there in awhile and there was lots of great stuff. I got a really nice, animal print (in great fall colors of brown, beige, and a pumpkin color), tunic blouse that I just fell in love with. It's has multi layers and comes down to the knees. It fit perfectly and I'm probably going to wear it for my parent's party.

I also scored two really cute hats. One is a striped beanie-type knit cap, and the other is a light beige with a flower and bow on it. The whole cloche-type hat is all made up of the same material. I don't know exactly what the material is but it's kind of like a lightweight burlap. I just love it.

I also found the perfect over-sized, black, tunic top to wear with my workout pants. I couldn't believe I had just mentioned that I was going to try to find one and then...I did! Very excited about trying them on with several of my workout pants to see if I might wear them on our cruise in December.

All in all it was a great shopping day! Yea!:D

Edited by mousey

Mousey - what great finds. I haven't been in a TJ Maxx in years. I may go check out our local store tomorrow on my day off. One of the cons to my schedule change is that DH and I have no days off together. So I spend my "weekends" cleaning or cooking but can't plan anything "fun" cause I am off on a day no one else is off. But shopping is nice on a non-weekend day.

Awhfy - Kohls will be on my list to visit tomorrow. I haven't checked our their autumn clothes yet.

Lauri - yes!!! You go on Liberty, then me, then Melody. I am do excited to have a vacation I can hardly stand it. How many days is your cruise? Melody is yours a 10 day?

Cholla ours is a 9 day but we have several days prior in Galveston at the Hotel Gálvez. I'm going to try to get some pictures tomorrow or weekend. Melody

Edited by awhfy

To all the East Coast ladies:

Are you guys keeping track of Joaquin? He's headed your way this weekend. I hope he doesn't hit any of you directly but it looks like he's going to be dumping lots of rain on some of you. Keep track of him.

I don't think any of you are cruising in the Eastern Caribbean next week. At least I hope not. I feel badly for people who booked cruises for next week. Especially those that didn't get travel insurance.

I hope it doesn't affect my landing in Orlando next Tues. But I think it's going to be further North by that time.

If you haven't heard about this hurricane...keep an eye out!

I hope all of you will post pictures. I'd love to see them! They say will know more about the storm's path within a few days. Right now they are saying it may be North Carolina and New Jersey. When Sandy Came through, it reached the Adirondacks, very close to where we were a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I don't know if everyone is following along with my other thread detailing the trip...or skimming it LOL! if there are details that you are just totally not interested in...which I could understand...

Anyway...jumping ahead of that thread!...

We are in Nassau...

This port day is one crazy day! We arrive early...like any normal port...but the all aboard time was 11:30 PM...sailaway was MIDNIGHT!!

So we were in no hurry to do anything this day. Because, well, it NASSAU. And no offense to this port...but it seems like many, many itineraries stop in Nassau. When I first researched this port for last year's Fall Break...people were talking about how they'd been there 6 times.

Once upon a time ago, DS thought all cruise ships stopped in Cozumel.

So I had this impression that Nassau is a bit like Cozumel...and I could expect to visit that port a lot. Therefore, any one visit to the port didn't need to try to accomplish a ton...just pick one thing to do in Nassau...

Basically, we were going to go shopping. DS has a girl friend...and he wanted to get her a little something from our trip. Considering the weather...and how we were going for a relaxing trip...we felt at ease with the day...we could go ashore during business hours and do our bit of shopping and come back.

SO.

I just needed to get up and get dressed and wait for DS to wake up.

The only reason I was awake was become the ship was running through drills and the super loud muster alarm went off for the crew to do their drills...

My wake up and get going to eat breakfast and hang out on the ship outfit was my black capri exercise pants (again) and to grab my Heather Fire Red Athleta cami (again) and my Sanuk Yoga Sling Sandals (which I wore to dinner the first night but didn't have a picture):

P1110009_zpsdufbmle4.jpg

I was getting dressed in the dark...and all these things hung very nicely on the little pegs in the entry way. I had originally thought to wear my skort this day. The fabric is more conducive to dealing with inclement weather...BUT...my legs got a big more sun than they should have...and the idea of the skort/under shorts fabric on my legs was a little :eek: so I went for the soft capris instead.

So this is the outfit I was wearing to dinner on the first night...with the poncho scarf over it. I need to get another picture of that poncho scarf so that you can see how big it is. It's very long...and longer in the back...you can just see the cami bottom when I wear the poncho in the front...you can't see the cami at all from the back.

Got my glasses on and everything...super casual and comfortable. Even though it is rainy/overcast...it is warm and HUMID.

It took us a while to get going this day...

DS finally woke up (of course he did), but before we went ashore, we wanted to do the trivia in Boleros. You may know already how I fell in like with Coconut Mojitos... I don't know if I have Corona on the brain when I take a photo like this, but I just think this kind of thing...feet up and drink on the table screams vacation:

P1110023_zpsxrp2iznj.jpg

I did change before we went into Nassau. Even with the cloud cover, I knew I could get some sun...so I wanted short sleeves at least to cover my shoulders. I am wearing a wicking fabric (Dryfit type, but not name brand) shirt with the capris and my trusty Zumba shoes (which you just saw). All the other photos have DS in them...and I try to avoid posting his pick...here's my selfie in the ladies room! LOL!:

P1110025_zps60zjipd8.jpg

This shirt is a black, gray, and white kind of print. Melody, I know you have several rash guards...I would replace the functionality of this shirt with a short sleeved rash guard.

Something about the sleeves of the Athleta rash guards don't bug me. I can lift my arms and the shirt doesn't move on my torso. On many shirts...if I move my arms too much, I get this wrinkle where the shirt gets caught above my bust line...then I have to yank it down. Hate that.

So a great Earthy short sleeved rash guard is on my wish list. I don't want to repeat the red one I have...so I'm just waiting to see what Athleta does next season.

For the evening...this evening is the WHITE party! I was so bummed that I didn't have that white shirt that we all discussed earlier! And all at the same time, I was thinking how happy I was that I had that shirt now because of possible future white parties!

Anyway...I wasn't planning on wearing my lacy skirt two days in a row...BUT it was the whitest thing I had...and in the spirit of the night, I wore that skirt and the shirt I showed before and debated for formal night:

P1110060_zpsdqyqhevg.jpg

P1110061_zpsoaagy7kk.jpg

A helpful reminder from me for your own wardrobe planning:

It would be good to know what happens to your fabric if you happen to get a bit...well...sweaty. Yes. Sweaty. This night I spent dancing on the pool deck in the warmth and humidity...it was the midnight sailaway party and the shirt developed some not so lovely patterning because of a dampness pattern.

Fortunately, the pattern was mostly around the neckline...

So it wasn't SO bad.

But it made me that much more grateful to have found that butterscotch tank I wore on formal night...because it didn't show any dampness from dancing at the Disco Party at all.

Anita. I showed my DH the picture of you & DH with his navy shirt. He said like it a lot if it was short sleeve like a Philippine barong (wedding shirt)

I really like this Cubavera brand...they also have short sleeved versions of that shirt. DH just thought the long sleeved version was more appropriate for an alternative formal wear for formal night.

I've washed the shirts twice now...they wash well...I do dry them over my railing. Wash on cold/cold delicate. On Amazon, I thought the cost was very reasonable.

Anita, we have a friend in the Philippines right now, he's supposed to pick DH up a navy & a black barong...he's really hoping my friend doesn't forget (again). Barongs are wonderful as they never (ever) need ironing even with tone on tone embroidery. DH has 2 that's he's had for close to 30 years & they still look new (just a touch snug...). If friend forgets I might look on line for the Cubavera brand. Is that the same brand as the linen type pants your guys wear? Melody

Yep. We have both the drawstring pants and the more dress pants with a button/zipper and belt loops.

I washed the first pair of dress pants and they shrunk though...I think I also dried them. And that's how DS got them. DH wore a pair of Polo by Ralph Lauren linen dress pants on this cruise that I found in Goodwill. Haven't washed or cleaned those yet.

What are those Philippine shirts made of? What fabric? I do iron the Cubavera shirts.

Hi Ladies,

Ours is also a 10 day cruise. One sea day to Bermuda, then one sea day to San Juan, then St Thomas, St Martin and 3 sea days back. Cannot wait! 19 more days!

Anita, Loving both reviews! Love all your outfits! I really need to find some really comfy exercise type pants for traveling. Need to find talls, which is hard enough, and a material that is not skin tight! You look so comfy!

Going to DD's university today to take her out for her birthday lunch and shopping for her gift! She will be 19 tomorrow. She has no classes today and I am off since I work the weekend. Looking forward to seeing her!

Kohls was having a great sale so I ordered a bunch of very basic tops that I think are soft earth. Excited to see them. One came yesterday and it is a med green color, to me, a lighter version of army green. It definitely matches one of my color chips. I tried it on and yes, it looks nice, I think. Short sleeved so I will wear it for our cruise with khaki capris. I need to change what I think is feminine. I think being tall and heavier and wearing my hair short, I always wanted to make sure I looked feminine so gravitated to very feminine colors like pinks and purples etc. I was probably told by someone when I was 8 that I looked like a boy and it just stayed with me...I ordered some new jewelry too! Love necklaces since I have issues with wearing earrings no matter what quality they are!

I better run! Busy day!Have a great weekend!

Lauri

Anita, the shirts are a cotton blended with a bit of polyester. They actually weave the blend in the Philippines. It wears like iron! Keep that review coming, loving it!

Lauri, I bet that green looks stunning on you. Look at putting a chunky turquoise necklace with it, great combo. Look at Athleta for exercise pants, they come in tall & actually have loose yoga style that I adore!

Finally getting a little rain here, woohoo! No pavers for a couple of days. Melody

Edited by awhfy

Lauri...I love Athleta, too, but it isn't always in my budget. My skinny capris are C9 Brand available at Target. I've had them for a long time...they have worn well. They have several styles available. Most of their styles are available in short, medium and tall. (Look online if they aren't available in the store).

I buy mine to be fitted, but they aren't skin tight. I feel comfortable with my rear end showing...wearing normal shirts and long just long tunics. I buy them so that waist band doesn't cut in too much. Usually, I go for a taller rise style and I'll share that my capris have something of an Urkel height waist...but honestly...that's very comfortable for travel and sitting! Since I don't tuck in...not a problem.

I wish I could wear the C9 brand from Target, they just don't tend to fit me right through the leg. I do like the TekGear brand at Kohls. My iPad is acting up, I had put Athleta & TekGear in my initial post. Melody.

Went to Ulta today. I finally hit the huge mail pile on the entryway desk and low and behold, I found a $10 off coupon for any purchase ($10 minimum purchase required). It was a you-are-such-a-great-customer mailing.

I wanted a gray color, but not the pale greige color we have been discussing lately...I wanted one with more umph.

I bought Zoya, which I haven't heard of before...and the color is called "Tris." I just painted my nails and the lighting is horrible. I'll have to take a pic tomorrow, but here's a preview:

tumblr_ntrkiynYMu1s7vyzqo1_500.jpg

There's a green undertone to this gray...and comparing all the grays in the store...this one tended toward warm. I think it looks really good and will be a great different kind of neutral for Earth.

Here's the CND Vinylux Gilded Pleasures. The lighting is awful. I cut my nails down & don't like them this short, but they'll grow ImageUploadedByForums1443836887.511065.jpg.a472079e36dcc06be317f13d1410daa3.jpg.

This is a real goldy green. Melody

Anita that grey green looks good on you!

Edited by awhfy