Voyager Vibration??

I know this subject has been a hot topic in the past. My question is whether the aft vibration has been solved since the propulsion pod problem in the fall of 2010. Has anyone sailed in an aft cabin since then? We're considered a Seven Seas suite and wondering if the large balcony is worth the extra cost. Would love some input before we make a final decision.

The Voyager vibration issue is not something that can be fixed (apparently, neither can the aft vibration on the Navigator).

Some people are extremely bothered by the vibration. . . . others consider it part of being on the sea. When we book Voyager cruises, we select mid-ship suites. There are pluses and minuses to having aft suites. We would not pay for an aft suite. The Voyager has lovely forward and aft lounges from which to view the sites. My recommendation would be to avoid aft suites (and I am not bothered by the vibration but would definitely not pay extra for it:-)

You can use the "search" function on the Regent board to find the hundreds (if not thousands) of posts related to the aft vibration.

I know this subject has been a hot topic in the past. My question is whether the aft vibration has been solved since the propulsion pod problem in the fall of 2010. Has anyone sailed in an aft cabin since then? We're considered a Seven Seas suite and wondering if the large balcony is worth the extra cost. Would love some input before we make a final decision.

We sailed on the Voyager from the Baltics last yr. and had the aft cabin #1054. We never had a problem with the vibration (I could feel a slight one when in the restroom at times) but even tho' my husband gets seasick, he never noticed it. The large balcony is great!!! We did have the outside eating area of La Veranda right above us but no noise was ever heard. Before we sailed, I read where people were bothered by the moving of furniture at off times but we never experienced this....would have no qualms about booking this cabin on future cruises!

Have a super cruise!

We are in the aft suite right now on the Voyager and have been for about 6 weeks. We love the aft suites - larger balcony that we use every day and the fact that you can see what's happening on both sides of the ship. We do occasionally feel/hear a vibration but hasn't bothered us at all.

We already have an aft suite booked for an upcoming cruise.

Karen

So, we are currently on the Voyager residing in an aft "C" suite. We love the aft suites not only for their large verandas but also because we have a view of the port and starboard as well as the aft. We don't ever feel like we are missing half the story. The aft suites are really spectacular on the sail aways from various ports.

One slight correction in the OP. The Voyager aft vibration did not start with some incident in 2010. It was very apparent in our aft suite in 2004 -- enough so to cause dishes and glasses to rattle off of tables -- more of a shaking than a vibration. Another poster who is a frequent Regent cruiser has posted that this vibration was there on the Voyager's first cruise.

On a given sailing, the vibration or shaking may not affect all aft suites the same. It may be mild in some and rather serious in others. It is also speed related. Under about 20 knots, it is usually mild if it is present at all. Above that speed, it may affect some of the aft cabins to various degrees. So there is a risk (not a certainty) that you will experience an unacceptable level of vibration if you book an aft suite on the Voyager.

By comparison, the aft areas of the Navigator vibrate under all circumstances.

Yes, I had hoped the problem would be solved with the pod replacement as I am drawn to those big balconies but that obviously is not so. Thank you all for your comments. As I am one who is sensitive to noise/vibration, we have booked a penthouse suite midship for the British Isles/Iceland cruise in June 2012. Such a long way off!

We have just returned from the Sydney-Beijing segment of the World Cruise on Voyager. I had been forewarned about the vibration issue generally but to be honest I didn't notice it. That being said we were in a midships suite. However, it's not the kind of thing that bothers me anyway so it might have been driving other people crazy. Those aft corner suites are lovely but I'd avoid Deck 10 which is directly under the busy La Veranda restaurant and Deck 6 which is directly above the Horizon Lounge where there's often late night music, dancing etc as well as various daytime activities.

I am preparing a review and will post asap while it's all still fresh in my mind. Aside from a few minor niggles we had a GREAT time.

We were in suite 671 for the full 2010 World Cruise (119 days). Vibration was not the problem but band in lounge below was DEFINITELY a problem. Complained several times and finally after two months Michael, the Hotel Director, told Jamie, cruise director, to "fix it". Was much better after that but will avoid that location if future.

We sailed in cabin 971 last November from BCN to FLL for 15 days. The seas were moderate and I can honestly say we found no excessive vibration. The balcony can be windy because it is open to the starboard side as well as the stern. Thus, it creates some stiff breezes roaring down the starboard side when the ship is underway. Would we book this cabin again? Absolutely, if the price and itinerary and timing were right. The cabin itself is lovely and the service we received was great!

We've sailed in 877, that is aft on the starboard corner. It vibrated. It didn't bother us. I understand the vibration aft on the port side is a tad more severe than starboard. We'd book 877 again in a heartbeat for a view intensive itinerary but only a view intensive itinerary. The Horizon View cabins are pricey! But clearly the aft vibration does bother some people very much sometimes to the point of sleeplessness. So my recommendation having been there and done it is if you think the vibration might be an issue for you don't book an aft cabin. Don't take the risk. I think my excellent TA would give the same advice.

Archived