Getting bumped out of 4J

kaj1436

If I book a 4J accesible cabin I know there is a chance that I may get bumped out of it. What I would like to know is what will they give you in place? It states that they give you an equivalent cabin so I'm thinking that a regular inside is not equivalent since I paid for the upgrade of 4J. Does anyone have any experience with this and what did you end up with when you got bumped?

There's no reason for the OP not to book that room. If it is needed, yes they will be moved. Where I am not sure. Carnival is not going to let that room sit empty until time to sail. :rolleyes:

I agree. As the consumer, they're offering the product to the general public. It's Carnival's responsibility to monitor these cabins and like any other type of control, i.e interline or military pricing, where they ask for proof, the same should be done for these cabins.

I've booked one also. If I get bumped, so be it. I'll have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Please Please Can't we argue about rum runners and elegant night clothing ? :eek:

Not commenting on whether one should be allowed to book an accesible cabin. Just asking why Carnival

allows them to be booked by non-handicapped pax. Then we wouldn't have these threads I guess. :p

I agree. As the consumer, they're offering the product to the general public. It's Carnival's responsibility to monitor these cabins and like any other type of control, i.e interline or military pricing, where they ask for proof, the same should be done for these cabins.

I've booked one also. If I get bumped, so be it. I'll have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Perfect. You got in ahead of me!

Why would you deliberately book an accessible cabin that you don't need? There are very very few such cabins available on any cruise ship. You are denying someone who needs such a cabin an opportunity to cruise.

Because it is basically a bigger obstructed ocean view cabin for the price of an inside cabin.

They aren't denying anyone the opportunity to cruise. Carnival will bump them is someone who requires it needs it. :rolleyes:

Because it is basically a bigger obstructed ocean view cabin for the price of an inside cabin.

They aren't denying anyone the opportunity to cruise. Carnival will bump them is someone who requires it needs it. :rolleyes:

Lets not get carried away with assumptions. Most of us know this rarely happens. Carnival tells the HC person the cabin is booked. Unless they push ...no one is bumped.

Carnival might or might not bump someone is what happens.

OP you should not get a lesser cabin, but the likelyhood of being bumped, even if a HC person wants to book a cabin is slim. So, dont worry about what you cant control. You will not be put in a lesser cabin, in the unlikely event you are bumped. It rarely happens.

I've been assigned, BY CARNIVAL, a handicapped cabin twice, and both times I wound up NOT being bumped. I didn't ask for the handicapped cabin, but got it anyway. Also, both times I had the cabin assigned for quite a long time, and to reiterate, both times I stayed in the cabin. I would imagine that if you were to be bumped, the worst that could happen is that you get a regular 4J cabin, which is what you paid for. More likely, you'd get something better,,,IMO.

"SKY"

I've been assigned, BY CARNIVAL, a handicapped cabin twice, and both times I wound up NOT being bumped. I didn't ask for the handicapped cabin, but got it anyway. Also, both times I had the cabin assigned for quite a long time, and to reiterate, both times I stayed in the cabin. I would imagine that if you were to be bumped, the worst that could happen is that you get a regular 4J cabin, which is what you paid for. More likely, you'd get something better,,,IMO.

"SKY"

Carnival what they are required to do by law, they put HC cabins on their ships. We know Carnival is about the bottom line, and profits. I dont think Carnival cares if you dont need it to be honest.

I agree, most likely you would be bumped to what Carnival considers better, but it could be a bottom deck OV. There probably arent enough 4Js to get bumped to one in the same category, so you would be bumped to a OV IF you were bumped.... which I consider unlikely.

I asked this very question to a Carnival rep. She said she did not know so she checked with her supervisor. The answer was "depends on what cabins are availble. Most likly an Ocean View on a lower deck, which would be considered an upgrade from inside" I also asked about booking a HC cabin. She said no problem, but be aware you could be moved. She said the ones who need a HC cabin should book with special services to make sure they get a HC cabin.

I asked this very question to a Carnival rep. She said she did not know so she checked with her supervisor. The answer was "depends on what cabins are availble. Most likly an Ocean View on a lower deck, which would be considered an upgrade from inside" I also asked about booking a HC cabin. She said no problem, but be aware you could be moved. She said the ones who need a HC cabin should book with special services to make sure they get a HC cabin.

We bumped the people out of empress deck on the liberty-We did use special services- the person got an oceanview on the main deck=

which could mean a cabin under the galley which is a place you really dont want to be.

Like Fire stated-- it can happen-- it might not.

I know people like booking these because they are bigger cabins.( but Karma can bite back) I think that if you are booking a HC cabin after final payment I think that you should not be moved--but booking a cabin before final payment-- abled body people should look elsewhere.

We bumped the people out of empress deck on the liberty-We did use special services- the person got an oceanview on the main deck=

which could mean a cabin under the galley which is a place you really dont want to be.

Like Fire stated-- it can happen-- it might not.

I know people like booking these because they are bigger cabins.( but Karma can bite back) I think that if you are booking a HC cabin after final payment I think that you should not be moved--but booking a cabin before final payment-- abled body people should look elsewhere.

We were put in one of these 4J cabins when we booked "late" last year...yes it was bigger and yes it was great. And BTW, the steward said that hardly anyone handicapped books this cabin.

Considering that this cabin, and the one my sis booked, was still available two weeks before sail date says a lot for Carnival trying to reserve them for handicapped people...so give them a break!!!

I would not expect them to sail empty on the chance that someone may need them the day before...;)

Oh...yeah...legally, i am considered handicapped ....but I don't use that card ;)

I really didn't mean to spark up a great debate on whether one should book this cabin without being handicapped. I only booked it because it was the last 4J left for my sailing and I heard they are a good value.

My cruise was cancelled and it turned into an 8 day rather than a 7 day so this was the only way we could still go and keep within our budget. I was just curious to see what were other's experiences with these cabins and the chances of being bumped and if so where they were bumped.

Either way I am happy to be on the ship with this itinerary.

I really didn't mean to spark up a great debate on whether one should book this cabin without being handicapped. I only booked it because it was the last 4J left for my sailing and I heard they are a good value.

My cruise was cancelled and it turned into an 8 day rather than a 7 day so this was the only way we could still go and keep within our budget. I was just curious to see what were other's experiences with these cabins and the chances of being bumped and if so where they were bumped.

Either way I am happy to be on the ship with this itinerary.

Go... have fun and don't worry about what others think...:D

I booked a 4J and made sure I didnt get HA because if I got bumped for a "equivalent or better" I wouldnt be happy.

To me, being upgraded to an OV on a low deck is NO UPGRADE from my lido deck room that is about double size the normal room and has a "secret" balcony right outside my door.....

We've had a 4J on Liberty, loved it so much we booked another for next Feb. Our PVP had said how about room **** and I said isn't that a HC? I'm not sure, let me check, I knew that is was. So no, please put us into one of the other 3 that is available please. Didn't want to take the chance of us not getting our 4J room.

Book and enjoy it!!

I was assigned a 4J too on the Triumph..I wouldnt even fathom myself asking for it cause I am not handicapped. I was gonna book an OV and the PVP recommended it and only called it a "skyview" didnt realize it was HC till after.

So no biggie if I get bumped ..As long as I dont hafta row or anything;)

Just a note...not all 4J's are HC cabins. We have had 4J's on 4 cruises and none were haddicapped. Also a side note, some of the 4J's, the beds do not connect to make a king.

Yes...the Carnival website said ours did not convert to a king ...but they did

my pics are on.... cruise line rooms dot com

triumph 1003

Archived