Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

What Happened to the Elemis that we had in June??!! Hope they haven't removed it completely??

That I don't know, as I only took a photo of what's offered for us Studio peeps.

MMmmmm Curry!!!! I know 1 person that's going to love that......my DH!!! He'd live on curry if I let him ;)

It was really good right on top of a fluffy bed of steamed rice. Nice kick. :)

Great review Don, thanks. I'm almsot tempted to say I"m now looking forward more to our honeymoon cruise then the wedding itself LOL. Would be great to be cruising with you again, wish you were coming on the 11/26/11 cruise with us, or might you?

Monday's lunch was another of those combo entertainment/eats things, as our trio ventured into the improvisational world of Presumed Murdered (the murder mystery lunch experience). 12:30 PM in the Spiegel Tent, where we'd visited the night before for Cirque.

For this show, they kept everyone on the ground floor, with the performers basically standing in the center of the room.

The menu was, eh, kinda plain, and nothing to really perk up the palate. But that had been been earlier discussed on the CC boards, so expectations were not overly high, thus minimal disappointment. (Oooo, how as that for a 'PC' description? :))

1229300003_632Rv-XL.jpg

In the pre-show instructions (and I was carefully listening) they advised against any "video and flash photography". That makes sense due to copyright and not interrupting the performance with flashes of light, but there were several in the room taking still photos, and I was one of those.

1215525187_tuWkW-L.jpg

No one said a word, or even looked my way, and I would have eventually taken another, but someone at my dining table got 'busted' so I made sure to stay low-key from then on.

I took these of the food without any flash (and with the out/click/hide method) so the quality of pictures simply sucks. Sorry. :o

1215525349_GsBNc-L.jpg

1215525461_4G8ti-L.jpg

Great review Don, thanks. I'm almsot tempted to say I"m now looking forward more to our honeymoon cruise then the wedding itself LOL. Would be great to be cruising with you again, wish you were coming on the 11/26/11 cruise with us, or might you?

<< hug to C&B >> :D

That would be a total blast to repeat this particular ship with the entire menagerie onboard.

My own November sailing (the 'unique' one over the week of 11/11) is all I've got planned for that month, but . . . .

If I do happen to chicken out of taking that one, and that's not entirely impossible :o, I'd immediately work to get on the 11/26 sailing. :)

No one said a word, or even looked my way, and I would have eventually taken another, but someone at my dining table got 'busted' so I made sure to stay low-key from then on.

Really Don?? ... I missed that ... hmmm... :rolleyes:

(as you would say: "la la la la la...") :D

Tom

For Monday's dinner it was off to another dining experience that could be called 'entertainment and eats', although not actually marketed that way. We were on our merry chopsticks way to Teppanyaki.

I'd taken a few pictures earlier sans passenger diners . . .

1229230600_bdiDQ-XL.jpg

1229230478_hRpEB-XL.jpg

1229230521_ZBBqg-XL.jpg

1229176339_McsN9-XL.jpg

And in case you've had sleepless nights wondering about the brand of shampoo and shower gel used onboard . . .

1215494974_ip6pr-XL.jpg

Ok, was that totally random or what??

Don - Cheryl is catching up reading your review as well and wanted me to point out that all the products in the suites (from conditioner, lotion, shampoo, etc) were all Elemis. Cheryl might have even been guilty of "inadvertently" removing a few of those products from plain sight - thus causing our cabin steward to replace them...

:)

Tom

Honestly they should be ashamed of that meat loaf dinner, it looked horrible! Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and those fried onion rings, surely give me severe hearburn and then some I am shocked.

The meatloaf?!?! What about that dessert picture? I am the only one that finds it a little suspicious looking?:o lol

And here's a few pictures of our actual experience in this fun dining venue. Our chef was just back from vacation, and still had his attire from the previous contract. Since then, the line has swapped the chefs from black to white, but he didn't have that yet, so that's why he looks different that what's now current on the ship.

He did a superb job (minus a little something I'll mention at the conclusion) of both grillin' and entertainin'

Our particular table, at the very end of the room, happened to be the largest in the 2-room venue, thus requiring our chef to do a bit more preparation. There were also two children at our u-shape table who were so very well behaved. There were numerous menu choices made by those at our full table, so we got to visually see just about everything possible.

Also . . . that's one ding-darn-huge mound of rice.

1229175895_PgBSZ-L.jpg

A nice 'heart' for the start of our dining preparation presentation (ooo, say that three times fast).

1229175977_wDjPz-L.jpg

1229176022_Aaz6t-L.jpg

1229176055_MSFga-L.jpg

1229176126_8RavH-L.jpg

Now, add a little sizzle . . .

1229176176_qYm4Y-L.jpg

<< hug to C&B >> :D

That would be a total blast to repeat this particular ship with the entire menagerie onboard.

My own November sailing (the 'unique' one over the week of 11/11) is all I've got planned for that month, but . . . .

If I do happen to chicken out of taking that one, and that's not entirely impossible :o, I'd immediately work to get on the 11/26 sailing. :)

:D Woot!

Honestly they should be ashamed of that meat loaf dinner, it looked horrible! Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and those fried onion rings, surely give me severe hearburn and then some I am shocked.

Actually, the meatloaf wasn't bad at all (to me). :)

I don't eat mashed potatoes, period, so I can't comment there.

I ate two of the onion rings, foregoing the one that had potato 'residue' on it. :o

I cut off a piece of the dessert, smeared it around in the caramel drizzle to coat it, and gave it a try. Not impressed, so that's all there was to that experience.

Edited by DGP1111

The meatloaf?!?! What about that dessert picture? I am the only one that finds it a little suspicious looking?:o lol

Nope, you're not the only one, we just had a little chuckle over the dessert.:eek:

Since you can't sail with her.. perhaps you could squeeze in an EPIC sailing on 11/26/11! :D

Tom

Hey:mad:

;)

If I cruise this fall (I am hoping to) it may be a last minute thing. :)

What about that dessert picture? I am the only one that finds it a little suspicious looking? lol

I found it suspicious looking :eek:

nevermind that for a second....

That was dessert? WTH kind of dessert is that??? :eek: It looks like deformed zucchini.

Sorry, since reading the menu for the Mystery Dinner I think they should call it 'mystery meat' and 'foggy potatoes' in keeping with the general theme.

I can't say I'd pay the surcharge just to experience the mystery. Doesn't seem worth it to me at all. They should be at least offering a cordon bleu or something a bit more special!

If I cruise this fall (I am hoping to) it may be a last minute thing. :)

I found it suspicious looking :eek:

nevermind that for a second....

That was dessert? WTH kind of dessert is that??? :eek: It looks like deformed zucchini.

OK, perhaps that too :o

As for the last minute sailing, how about a little pre-Christmas (say Dec. 10th) sailing;)

Edited by kerrytens

But for Teppanyaki, there was still the Main Event to take place with the entree' items pending. I ordered the "Land and Sea" combination, which was the filet mignon and jumbo shrimp. My choice turned out to be totally delicious.

1229176252_c2mbj-XL.jpg

1229181136_wtQdg-XL.jpg

Our dessert options included Green Tea Cake (Cashew Nut Brittle), which probably was very good, but I hit a mental roadblock when it arrived. Not until now have I admitted this to my dining partners, but it had that exact same green tint (yes, it's in the name, I know) of food that has been in the refrigerator too long, and had morphed from food item to science experiment.

But I was gracious, and actually sampled it, being certain to not make a face that would be noticed. For the record, I didn't see anyone else eat too much of it either.

Sheesh, how embarrassing. :o

1229230445_G8FtX-L.jpg

I will say that the meatloaf was "OK" (and it was only lunch). Fortunately I take Prilosec OTC daily to prevent heartburn, LOL! The one item at that meal which I did find inedible was the mini-eclair dessert... yuck!!

Don - Cheryl did point out in your review of this event (that you failed to mention) that she was the only one of our group who correctly guessed the perp! (yep -- she is STILL rubbing that in... :rolleyes:)

Tom