Platinum or Elite Internet Minutes?

Catalina56

The way Pia wrote it - "gives you $75 and that will buy you 150 minutes" (and I read it fast), I thought maybe they had changed their policy since last November . The reason I ask is that I notice not many of the suite people in Sabatini's for breakfast on our last two cruises were Elite. Other than breakfast and the cabin itself, Elites get the same perks - so why spend the extra money on a suite. I think many Elites would like getting a perk of an OBC instead of the internet minutes. - Just my thought for th eday.

Well, there might be a few other reasons to book a suite other then breakfast and internet minutes. For one, seems to me that the room might just be a tad LARGER.

Well, there might be a few other reasons to book a suite other then breakfast and internet minutes. For one, seems to me that the room might just be a tad LARGER.

You don't understand my question. I said breakfast and the ROOM itself. There are many people who are never in their cabin on the cruise so size doesn't matter. We always book a suite so SIZE does matter to us.

My point is that Elite recieve many of the same perks but if they book a suite, they don't get them since they are part of the suite . All I'm saying is that it would be a NICE if they gave it to them in an OBC. They give Elite an Elite bar set-up along with the suite bar set-up so why not an OBC for internet minutes. I'm not Elite yet so it wouldn't benefit me yet.

• 4 weeks later...
What if you prepurchase internet minutes, will it be credited to your onboard account once you on the ship?

When you sign for the Internet on embarkation day there is minimum

package that you have to sign up for . After signing up the computer

system will credit your account with the dollar value of internet minutes

you are entitled to.:cool:

When you sign for the Internet on embarkation day there is minimum

package that you have to sign up for . After signing up the computer

system will credit your account with the dollar value of internet minutes

you are entitled to.:cool:

I saw a package w extra minutes if u purchase prior to cruise. Just wondered if we get credit for this pre purchase

Normally the Internet credit is a dollar amount put on your account.

On embarkation day there is a sign in the internet center that says

" Elite or Platinum must purchase xxx number minute plan "

The number of minutes depends length of the cruise.

The plan required seems to equal about half of the minutes

that is the credit.:confused:

Yep ... that's the one! Venice to Galveston, 12/2/12. Great itinerary, great ship ... just want to make sure it gets to Galveston, since I'm certain we'll be cruising out of there, as well.

We're on the 32 day version sailing from Rome to Galveston & there's a roll call with those for either all 32 days, the 12 day Med or the 20 day crossing if you care to join it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1385530

I think free minutes is the best perk you get from Princess. Most likely if you're travelling with your partner you will both become Platinum at the same time thereby doubling your value :) We've never used up all of our minutes and we jump on the net daily.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES VALUE

7 days or less 150 minutes $75

8-20 days 250 minutes $100

21+ days 500 minutes $200

Actually, you don't have to see the Internet dude... just sign in (on your device or the Internet Cafe's computers) and you'll get a credit that night... Just make sure that you sign up for the package that equals your benefit...

Could be an Internet dudette!

What if you prepurchase internet minutes, will it be credited to your onboard account once you on the ship?
This varies by ship. Some ships have been upgraded and as soon as you put in your name and cabin #, will recognize you as Platinum/Elite/Suite. Most Princess ships have a system whereby you "buy" the package and it's credited back the same night. Do NOT pre-purchase an Internet package as that cannot be credited back without a lot of hassle. Here are some not very good screenshots of the sign-on screen, whether you log in using the ship's computer in the Internet Cafe or your own laptop/iPad/iPhone/etc.:

Crown%20Log-in%201.jpg

Crown%20Log-in%202.jpg

Crown%20Log-in%203.jpg

This varies by ship. Some ships have been upgraded and as soon as you put in your name and cabin #, will recognize you as Platinum/Elite/Suite. Most Princess ships have a system whereby you "buy" the package and it's credited back the same night. Do NOT pre-purchase an Internet package as that cannot be credited back without a lot of hassle. Here are some not very good screenshots of the sign-on screen, whether you log in using the ship's computer in the Internet Cafe or your own laptop/iPad/iPhone/etc.:

Crown%20Log-in%201.jpg

Crown%20Log-in%202.jpg

Crown%20Log-in%203.jpg

Thanks! Just the info I needed! Will wait and purchase on the ship!

Pre-purchased Internet packages will not be credited to your onboard account to utilize the platinum/elite free minutes. Only time purchased on board can utilize this benefit.

This varies by ship. Some ships have been upgraded and as soon as you put in your name and cabin #, will recognize you as Platinum/Elite/Suite. Most Princess ships have a system whereby you "buy" the package and it's credited back the same night. Do NOT pre-purchase an Internet package as that cannot be credited back without a lot of hassle.]

While aboard the Golden last fall the computer system recognized us and credited the 250 minutes without any financial accounting. But later we understood that we could have opted for the $100 package for which we would have received only 130 minutes, however our account would be credited with this amount. This led us to believe that there might be two classifications of usage, "freebees" and "cash" and that available Internet service might be directly related. Any thoughts on this?

Thank goodness for elite,we got 250 min free on a 10 day cruise and actually only used real time,maybe 20 min since at sea it sits on the clock using up all your minutes while u r able to do nothing!!!Not exaggerating.everyone was complaining and the internet guy,could u ever tell he Hated his job!!If i had to pay,i would NEVER use a minute of this.

Curious what package is offered on the shorter coastal repositioning cruises? Doing our first 3-day and a 1-day in a couple weeks.

We did a 2-day cruise on the Island last year, and we could use it. The problem was I did not read our bill close enough, and they charged us. Could not reverse the charges after I had gotten off the ship. We did not use much though. I am also on the 1-night cruise you are on, and I am hoping we will be able to use our minutes. Have you joined our roll call for the Sapphire?

Brenda

Thank goodness for elite,we got 250 min free on a 10 day cruise and actually only used real time,maybe 20 min since at sea it sits on the clock using up all your minutes while u r able to do nothing!!!Not exaggerating.everyone was complaining and the internet guy,could u ever tell he Hated his job!!If i had to pay,i would NEVER use a minute of this.

Satellite internet has another name for it "Perseverance!" It is nice to have though! The key is using it during off hours. We were extremely successful "skyping" our family complete with video from our stateroom during our last cruise. I was so impressed with the video quality. My dad would never have believed this was possible! Jetson like technology :)

Archived