Platinum or Elite Internet Minutes?

Catalina56

Does Princess offer any free Internet minutes for Platinum or Elite members as they did a few years ago?

Catalina56

Years ago you got unlimited, now you get an allowance toward buying a package. For example; a 7 day cruise gives you $75 and that will buy you 150 minutes. A 10+ day cruise allotment is $100, which buys 250 minutes.

Years ago you got unlimited, now you get an allowance toward buying a package. For example; a 7 day cruise gives you $75 and that will buy you 150 minutes. A 10+ day cruise allotment is $100, which buys 250 minutes.

If you are in a suite, do you get an OBC for that amount?

If you're in a suite , then yes, internet is unlimited. I have heard that on some ships you need to "purchase" a package and then it's credited back, and on other ships you don't have to do anything but log in.

It's an internet credit only, it does not turn into shipboard credit if you don't use it. As Pia says, on some ships you purchase packages as you need them, and the amount you paid is automatically credit right back to your account (as a suite internet credit), while other ships just immediately recognize you as in a suite, so it doesn't even show up on your account.

It's a great perk ... all of the information posted above is accurate. Beween my wife and myself, we'll have FIVE HOURS of free Internet time on our upcoming Alaska cruise ... but I somehow think that we'll be looking at other things than my laptop monitor. On the other hand, we'll be doing a 20-night transatlantic in 2012 ... that would give us over EIGHT HOURS. With all the sea days, it should prove useful.

It's a great perk ... all of the information posted above is accurate. Beween my wife and myself, we'll have FIVE HOURS of free Internet time on our upcoming Alaska cruise ... but I somehow think that we'll be looking at other things than my laptop monitor. On the other hand, we'll be doing a 20-night transatlantic in 2012 ... that would give us over EIGHT HOURS. With all the sea days, it should prove useful.
You probably won't have service on all the sea days. What TA is 20 nights? I'm intrested.

Thr 20 night cruise will give you 8.3 hours EACH.

We have just turned Platinum so do not fully undertand the process of obtaining the credit for internet. We arre booked on a 10 to Alaska. do we just go to the internet room and see the attendant to sign up - will we have to pay for the time and then receive a credit back? - that seems a bit off, since they will know we are platinum Thanks for any info you can give.

You probably won't have service on all the sea days. What TA is 20 nights? I'm intrested.

The only cruise I found for 20 nights is on the Crown: Venice to Galveston 12/2/12. And since the OP lives in Texas, my money's on that.

Yep ... that's the one! Venice to Galveston, 12/2/12. Great itinerary, great ship ... just want to make sure it gets to Galveston, since I'm certain we'll be cruising out of there, as well.

The way Pia wrote it - "gives you $75 and that will buy you 150 minutes" (and I read it fast), I thought maybe they had changed their policy since last November . The reason I ask is that I notice not many of the suite people in Sabatini's for breakfast on our last two cruises were Elite. Other than breakfast and the cabin itself, Elites get the same perks - so why spend the extra money on a suite. I think many Elites would like getting a perk of an OBC instead of the internet minutes. - Just my thought for th eday.

The way Pia wrote it - "gives you $75 and that will buy you 150 minutes" (and I read it fast), I thought maybe they had changed their policy since last November . The reason I ask is that I notice not many of the suite people in Sabatini's for breakfast on our last two cruises were Elite. Other than breakfast and the cabin itself, Elites get the same perks - so why spend the extra money on a suite. I think many Elites would like getting a perk of an OBC instead of the internet minutes. - Just my thought for th eday.

That's because we don't spend all that money on suites, so we can take more cruises. ;) Would love a suite; not willing to pay for it.

You are correct, just see the attendant who will sign you up for the appropriate package based on cruise length and then you will see a credit on your ship board account for the same dollar amount.

We have just turned Platinum so do not fully undertand the process of obtaining the credit for internet. We arre booked on a 10 to Alaska. do we just go to the internet room and see the attendant to sign up - will we have to pay for the time and then receive a credit back? - that seems a bit off, since they will know we are platinum Thanks for any info you can give.

You can sign on either from your own laptop or in the internet cafe. There are easy instructions at each terminal and you never need to have the attendant present.

Nobody can guess how many minutes you want; just the allotted amount or extra. This way you sign up for the package of your choice and the internet allowance is deducted from your account. For a 10 day cruise you will have a $100 credit, which will buy you 250 minutes. Each, if you are both platinum.

You are correct, just see the attendant who will sign you up for the appropriate package based on cruise length and then you will see a credit on your ship board account for the same dollar amount.

Actually, you don't have to see the Internet dude... just sign in (on your device or the Internet Cafe's computers) and you'll get a credit that night... Just make sure that you sign up for the package that equals your benefit...

Does Princess offer any free Internet minutes for Platinum or Elite members as they did a few years ago?

Catalina56

It depends on the length of the cruise . Usually to get the internet credit you have to buy a package. You are required to buy a min package. Then they credit you the value of the credit on your cabin bill.:cool:

It depends on the length of the cruise . Usually to get the internet credit you have to buy a package. You are required to buy a min package. Then they credit you the value of the credit on your cabin bill.:cool:

You do not have to buy a package to use the internet credit, it is just the way to get the most number of minuites for the $ amount of the perk.

If you do not buy a package, you get still get the free minutes at the rate of 75 cents a minute deducted from your $ amount.

Archived