What's the longest cruise you'd ever take?

nytraveller53

Max # of days on a cruise?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Max # of days on a cruise?

• At most 7
    • At most 14
    • At most 28
    • At most 56
    • The highest they'll go!

I just saw a P & O 72 day cruise roundtrip from England to Alaska...down the eastern U.S. through the Caribbean, through Panama, up Mexico and the western U.S., extensive through Alaska and then back...I would totally do something like that. Well, probably not right now since I'm a stay-at-home mom to 4 young children and I know they wouldn't be up for that but I'd do it someday for sure! :)

Later on in life I would like to try B2B 10/14 day itineraries. Until then I have to stick to the 7-9 days.

I know having to fly to ports, I will never take another cruise shorter than 7 days. Took a 5 dayer on RCL. Not worth it IMO. Too short.

Right now...at this point in my life, I'd say 12. If DH and I cruise sans kiddos, then we like to keep it short...5 days or less. When we've cruised with the kids, we've done 5-7 days, but might go up to 12. Anymore than 12 and we'd be hard-pressed to find a time in all of our crazy schedules to do it (and 12 might be difficult).

The longest we have ever done was a 9 day with 6 ports......and those 3 sea days were pushing it:D I would probably be maxed out at 10 days...........so I can't vote.

We just did the 9 day Mexican Riviera and I definitely could have stayed many more days. My husband said it was too long for him and he prefers more like a 5 day cruise. But, he loves to work and doesn't have to clean, cook, look after children all day like I do so I think that's a BIG factor :)

P&O Arcadia's Grand Odyssey, 109 nights, 42 ports, 24 countries. That would be fantastic. Now I just need to win the lotto and quit my job.

I casually looked at the price for the 72 day and I think the cheapest room was about $12,000 per person, which I thought was very reasonable actually. Not that I could comfortably afford that right now but still, pretty reasonable :)

Sometimes I get on travelocity and try to cruise around the world. Any cruise line, any cabin, any length. I can make it from the West Coast to Asia in several months and then get stuck :rolleyes:. I might just begin my retirement someday hoboing around for a year on different cruise ships!

We did the 12 day Meditteranean on the Liberty a few years ago....the best trip I've ever taken. A few years before that we did a Perillo tour of Italy but there was no comparison to the Carnival trip. I would never do Europe any other way !

If money were not an object, I would like to take a month long cruise. I would not want B2Bs though because I wouldn't want to repeat ports. I don't work in the summer, so it is possible to do one day. I just need to start saving.

Always 7-8 days for us but have our first 14 day (repo) booked for the end of the year.

The one i used to always see and liked was a repo (i think it was) from Australia to New Zealand to Hawaii via several South Pacific Islands, I think it was about 30 days

B&B

My DH and myself did a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Carnival Liberty and enjoyed it so much 2 years later did the exact same cruise only this time with my 2 daughters and son in law. Just loved this cruise, but if I had the money a world cruise would be fantastic!

7 nights is the longest we've ever wanted to do because we like to go a day prior and stay 1, 2, or 3 after the cruise. So our vacation ends up being 10-12 days long. We have our first 11 nighter coming up in May and we're flying into Germany 2 days prior and staying in Europe 7 days after so it ends up being a 20 night vacation. I'm sure I'll be more than ready to get home.

With life as it is right now being responsible a couple of businesses, it is exceedingly difficult to be gone for 7 days. Then even when I am I need to be in touch. Makes it tough because I dont enjoy the atmosphere of the short weekend cruises.

If I had a salaried position with vacation time, I would be doing 14 day cruises (or 7 day back-to-backs on alternating itineraries).

If I did not have any responsibilities (and unlimited funds), I could easily take one of the 'around the world' cruises. I would not get bored aboard a ship - although I would want a lot of port calls to see places I have never seen.

I've seen around-the-world cruises that are 130 days...and have been tempted. But I think it might get boring after a couple months...especially on Holland America!:eek:

So, what's the highest YOU'LL go?

DH believed we were NUTS, but we got such a good deal on the Splendor's repositioning cruises from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco that we went for 49 nights two years ago. The year before that we did the 28-night "Circle Australia" aboard the Sun Princess. I discovered Cruise Critic several weeks ago while checking out photos of cabins aboard the Spirit because we want to cruise on her repositioning cruise to Sydney; the first cruise is already booked, Vancouver to Honolulu, and it's 12 nights; eagerly awaiting the second cruise of the repositioning which we believe will be 17 nights from Honlulu to Sydney so that will be a total of 29 nights. We are retired folks with no children nor grandchildren nor elderly parents, hubby is eligible for a military discount, and we figure with the cost of flying, why not go for as long as we can!

In one month we'll be embarking on Star Princess for 27 days TA/Med/Aegean. And we can hardly wait to book the Spirit's repo from Vancouver to Sydney, which should be even longer!

The cool thing about the Star Princess cruise is that once you get to Europe (7 sea days to cross) then it's just about a port a day, so you are on terra firma quite a bit.

So I'd vote for at least a month per cruise :)

Archived