How long do you wait to book your next cruise?

How long do you wait to book your next cruise?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you wait to book your next cruise?

• Book on-board
    • Within a month of returning home
    • 1-3 months after returning home
    • 4-6 months after returning home
    • 7-12 months after returning home
    • 1 year or more after returning home

We always have our next cruise already booked. We cruise every January. We book as soon as the dates are released, which is usually 1 1/2 years in advance, usually July. This time we booked really far in advance because we've already booked Freedom of the Seas for January 7, 2007.

:mad: According to my Boss I make everyone's life hell on earth for the first couple of weeks after a cruise. The very worst bit is coming in from work at the end of the day and finding that NO ONE HAS MADE THE BED and NO ONE HAS EVEN PICKED THE TOWELS UP, LET ALONE CHANGED THEM FOR FRESH ONES!!

Life is really hard for a while, until you reach the turning point (half way to your next cruise) and then things start to look rosier by the day.:)

You left a category off of your poll!! How many book the next cruise before they take their next scheduled cruise? ...yeah... it's that bad sometimes... We are 30 days out from the Mariner of the Seas and already have booked on the Freedom of the Seas in June 2006.

We just returned from our 3rd cruise - 2/20 Mariner of the Seas. After our previous two cruises, I pretty much got back into the swing of things after a few days. But for some reason, this time I'm really having a hard time adjusting back to reality. Maybe it's the weather...maybe it's my crazy work schedule (trying to cover for 3 women out on maternity leave at the same time)...maybe it's my mother's ongoing battle with terminal lung cancer. All I know is that I can't seem to snap out of my post-cruise "funk" this time. We've taken all 3 of our cruises in February, but I'm not sure I can wait that long this time. How risky is it to sail in the fall (hurricane season)???

Hi:

I either book while I'm on the ship or I book within a week of returning home. Sometimes, I book several cruises ahead before taking the next cruise. Either way, I'm on a cruise a lot......and I LOVE IT!!!!!

Fausto

I was just on my first cruise in February. I was like a woman obsessed until I booked my next cruise. I could think of nothing else.

It was something I had never experienced before, well maybe while I was planning my wedding many moons ago.

I guess I have joined the world of cruisers.:D

I booked my cruise yesterday and am pleased to say that I can breathe once again. What a relief.

Sharonna

I just completed a cruise last week and am chomping at the bit to book the next one. However, the problem is....... I don't know where I want to go. Anyone else have this problem? :)

We book 12 to 18 months BEFORE cruising............we usually have deposits on a couple of cruises before we even sail on our next one.........that wasn't a voting option.:)

but the computers were down when we went to book so we still received a certificate for $100 in onboard credits. I just booked today for Navigator of the Seas on March 11, 2006. The best part is we have another group going again. Currently, the group numbers 14 people and we are hoping to add at least 2 more people (if not more) so we can use the group rate and reduced deposit amount. At least 5 couples are going with Balcony's for this cruise!

O.K.. I'm off topic.

My FI & I were already experiencing post-cruise depression a couple days before the cruise we were on had even ended! We were so ready to book while on the cruise.

Pam

I say to book TBA as soon as you can, with like a year ahead of time, the quicker you book the better Upgrade you will have. thats been my Experience, but I like to book my cruise within a Month of getting off one. Give me time to think about what my recent trip was like and what type of atmosphere would I like to try next.

Depends on other factors for us. We've got a fairly large family and they all do land vacations. So we usually try to do 1 cruise per year and a couple of land ones. We leave on 4/30 for the Navigator and plan on booking another while we're on board. If we had our way we would cruise at least 3 times a year.

I just completed a cruise last week and am chomping at the bit to book the next one. However, the problem is....... I don't know where I want to go. Anyone else have this problem? :)

As long as there is a ship that sails away, we're on it!

No destinations in mind. We just book and leave....again.

i don't wait. i find that if i already have another one booked before i get on any upcoming one, then i don't ever get post cruise depression. there's always another one booked:) .

right now i have my next 6 booked, all the way through sept 2006:D .

Yep, better change that poll. I couldn't vote since we have two booked now. As soon as we get back from the next one, I'll start planning the Mediterranean next summer. It's best that way. When I come home, I've got another in the bag and one to plan for. The more I cruise, the worse it gets.

Like others, I've got it so bad I usually have one or two more booked before stepping on board. That way, instead of being depressed when disembarking, we just start looking forward to and talking about the next!

I have yet to book my next cruise, but I am searching for the next one.....I'm sure a booking is forthcoming :rolleyes:

Signed, sealed and delivered!

Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan for January 29, 2006 :D

Booked within a month of returning home.

I booked my next cruise (september 05) while on board ship. An incentive for me was they offered a 200 hundred dollar on board credit if I booked on the ship. Plus you can either pay in full or make a down payment within a couple of weeks after you have docked and pay the remainder within the next four months. BTW Our next cruise will be out of Boston in September on the Jewel of the Seas.:)

I usually book about 3 months after the last cruise. This year we were just on the Navigator last week and had already booked the Freedom of the Seas for June 4, 2006. I don't think I've ever waited over a year for my next cruise. I've got to find something to do next winter to make the time go fast.

We took our first cruise this past January. We booked another 3 weeks after getting home. AND we're looking to do another booking very soon.

I think cruising is the only thing that results in addiction after 1 exposure!

Archived