Special Military Program application form

Astro Flyer

Tee Hee...thanks Pia. Gotta crack the 'trivia' books before the next cruise so I can win prizes for myself!!! I know lots of useless stuff, just none they ask about:p

I just realized you are cruising with my friends Gloria and Lew. They are with us on the Grand crossing May 5th and we'll be out there yearning for those fantastic prizes. :rolleyes:

Faxed the necessary forms today and received by email a new booking confirmation within hours showing the additional $100 OBC:)

That's why I book directly, better service and no hassle of having to go thru TA

And of course you pay more for the privilege too.

Faxed the necessary forms today and received by email a new booking confirmation within hours showing the additional $100 OBC:)

That's why I book directly, better service and no hassle of having to go thru TA

I had to add one extra step - wait a week and email my TA for the new booking showing the credit - and I paid $400 per person less than booking through Princess. Guess it all depends...

And of course you pay more for the privilege too.

I had to add one extra step - wait a week and email my TA for the new booking showing the credit - and I paid $400 per person less than booking through Princess. Guess it all depends...

Glad that you didn't have to wait too long to get the credit and that you paid less. I checked with all the online TAs before I booked and my elite rate with Princess was less than every one of them and it still is less than they are advertising so I am very happy with Princess and their service.

Glad that you didn't have to wait too long to get the credit and that you paid less. I checked with all the online TAs before I booked and my elite rate with Princess was less than every one of them and it still is less than they are advertising so I am very happy with Princess and their service.

Eleanor, what you don't understand, is that you need to find a discount TA; someone who will charge less than your elite rate. We are elite too, but never have paid Princess prices. When Princess lowers them, so does our TA.

Eleanor, what you don't understand, is that you need to find a discount TA; someone who will charge less than your elite rate. We are elite too, but never have paid Princess prices. When Princess lowers them, so does our TA.

If you let me know who at elcruzer at aol dot com I will check it out and see

If you let me know who at elcruzer at aol dot com I will check it out and see

Sorry. Against CC rules. Like the majority of us, you will have to do your own shopping or obtain a verbal recommendation from someone you know.

Astro: Yeh, I know. Got suckered back in. I'm out now.

Sorry. Against CC rules. Like the majority of us, you will have to do your own shopping or obtain a verbal recommendation from someone you know.

Just checked again at kayak and still saving $300 from all listed so I am satisfied. Apologies to everyone else looking for military info and will not discuss this further at this site.

Sorry Astro. Sometimes my fingers just get carried away. :D

Apologies to everyone else looking for military info and will not discuss this further at this site.

I'm certainly not judging anyone because we've all been there, done that by going off subject...including me! :p

I'm just hoping to keep this thread to help any veterans who have just discovered this great program & who need help qualifying for it...grazie! :D

It seems to me that I read somewhere on the message boards that the military OBC covers purchases and services charged only to the military person's cruise card, but not those charged to his or her spouse's card. Does anyone recall if this is correct?

It seems to me that I read somewhere on the message boards that the military OBC covers purchases and services charged only to the military person's cruise card, but not those charged to his or her spouse's card. Does anyone recall if this is correct?

Yes, the credit goes to the veterans account only so you may want to use that credit first. Any type of credit only goes to the qualified cruiser & not shared.

I'm certainly not judging anyone because we've all been there, done that by going off subject...including me! :p

I'm just hoping to keep this thread to help any veterans who have just discovered this great program & who need help qualifying for it...grazie! :D

Prego amico (paisan) ;)

I sent an email early on the morning of the 29th for the military OBC for my AF retired DH. A few hours later I received a call from Princess (no free cruise:() department that processes the military OBC requests. The person wanted to let me know that she had processed the request but that for future submissions I needed to also send in the back side of DH's retired military ID card which shows DOB, date of issue, effective date and expiration date. Don't know why they need those dates but who's to argue when you are getting free money. She also said you could send in multiple bookings on one email request. I promptly sent another email for three cruises in Jan 2013 and received three new booking confirmations showing the military OBC within the hour.

One of the changes to the "accounting" process on Princess may be what you are referring to. Previously the military OBC was on my account - but since DW and I were both on the same CC, the final bill was added together and everything was merged for a final balance.

Now they do each account separately - so if all the OBC is on one account you have to make sure that account is used for expenses that will use it up. As I understand the new procedure if I have $500 of OBC and have expenses of $400 I would just lose the extra $100 - it wouldn't cover expenses on DW's account.

So a bit of extra planning might be needed. In our case, we both spend so much losing OBC would never be an issue :-)

Hi all,

I am very interest in this military discount. Does anyone know if Australians are included (or will be soon). My husband is a 20 year veteran, and we are cruising on Diamond in November! Any information would help!:)

Archived