Hotels

bravesfan19

What hotels have yall stayed at and which one is the cheapest? We always drive down the night before and keep our car parked at the hotel for the week and have the hotel drive us to the ship. It seems several hotels are charging for that.

What hotels have yall stayed at and which one is the cheapest? We always drive down the night before and keep our car parked at the hotel for the week and have the hotel drive us to the ship. It seems several hotels are charging for that.

Lots of discussions in the home ports section. I will avoid the parking question as we are flying in. Our departure day 5/1 has 5 ships in port and I heard rumors of a convention in town so getting a room was tough. Plan ahead! I ended up at Rodeway Inn, not great reviews, but we get in until after 6pm, so I probably won't be spending a lot of time in it. Paid $90.

If you're looking for inexpensive, give a "bid for travel" website a try. There are some great rates available in the star rating of your choosing (I almost always select 4 or more stars to increase the probability of winning a good hotel). Note, you may not get a hotel very close to port, but the money savings may make the extra cab fare worthwhile.

What port?

It would help if you clued us in on what port and what time of year.

The same hotel in Miami in August that is $150 will be $400 in February.

Also, in South Florida, the LAST thing you want to book is the cheapest hotel.

There is a difference between a good deal, and a cheap hotel.

A cheap hotel will get you drug dealers, crime, prostitution and a host of other fun things.

It would be oh so helpful if you mentioned which city you are talking about.

We are leaving out of ft lauderdale for the week of june 5th. They moved the thread from the allure section so thats why I didnt post the port the first time.

That's off season so you should be able to get a good beach hotel for a great deal. Try hotwire for three stars or higher.

Courtyard Marriott FLL Beach, The W Hotel, The Pelican, Lago Mar, The Atlantic are all excellent hotels in a great beach location.

Not sure if any of Blue Heron's suggestions will let you park your car for free while cruising, and I am just about positive that any hotel you book through Hotwire will not let you park for free for a week.

Try www.parksleepfly.com to search for hotels offering cruise parking deals. If a shuttle to Port everglades is not part of the deal taxis are cheap in the FLL area -- about $15 from an airport area hotel to the port.

Good luck! :)

Archived