Intercontinental Miami

huxlemo

How far is the Intercontinental from Bayside? We wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside. The price on lastminutetravel was more than the actual Holiday Inn website. Weird! So now I was looking at the Intercontinental. Just wondering walking distance from the hotel to Bayside.

Bayside is a 5 minute walk.Great live music around 6 pm on Friday Saturdays and with better bands coming on around 8 pm or so. I would stay at the inter continenatal even if its a a little more money.Its well worth it.Just don't eat there as there are much cheaper places around.

.... the wings should taste the same.

They don't!!!! We got the wings at the Bayside Hooters before our last cruise. They arrived in a pool of greasy nastiness---not like any wings we'd ever had before at Hooters or anywhere else for that matter. This was 2 years ago so maybe it's gotten better or maybe it was just a rogue plate of wings but it was a huge disappointment.

They don't!!!! We got the wings at the Bayside Hooters before our last cruise. They arrived in a pool of greasy nastiness---not like any wings we'd ever had before at Hooters or anywhere else for that matter. This was 2 years ago so maybe it's gotten better or maybe it was just a rogue plate of wings but it was a huge disappointment.

Really!? Now that is a concern...thanks for the heads up. DW doesn't mind Hooters, but if the wings aren't up to par she won't be a happy camper :confused:

If you enter Bayside from the back, it's right across the street from IC.

BTW, the hotels are okay there, and it's a fun place to visit and listen to live music in the evenings. But if you want a great dinner, walk one block from the hotel (to your left as you walk out of the lobby of the hotel) and go to Puntino's Restaurant. The absolute BEST Italian food, very authentic and prices extremely reasonable.

We stay at IC every time we're in Miami and always go to Puntino's for either lunch or dinner.

Jo-Ann

If you enter Bayside from the back, it's right across the street from IC.

BTW, the hotels are okay there, and it's a fun place to visit and listen to live music in the evenings. But if you want a great dinner, walk one block from the hotel (to your left as you walk out of the lobby of the hotel) and go to Puntino's Restaurant. The absolute BEST Italian food, very authentic and prices extremely reasonable.

We stay at IC every time we're in Miami and always go to Puntino's for either lunch or dinner.

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann,

I hope you do not mind a question. We are planning to go to Puntino's before our cruise per your suggestion:). Is the restaurant a very dressy restaurant?

Thank you!

Linda

We also ate at Putino's in November. It is a nicer restaurant, but DH and I were dressed "business casual" (nice pair of Docker pants for DH with a collar shirt and myself, dressy capri pants, with a nice blouse). However, I did see a couple come in with jeans, so "anything goes" as they say. Very good food and service. We were there around 7:30 at night.

How far is the Intercontinental from Bayside? We wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside. The price on lastminutetravel was more than the actual Holiday Inn website. Weird! So now I was looking at the Intercontinental. Just wondering walking distance from the hotel to Bayside.

The Bayside Marketplace is about three blocks from the Intercontinental.

Jo-Ann,

I hope you do not mind a question. We are planning to go to Puntino's before our cruise per your suggestion:). Is the restaurant a very dressy restaurant?

Thank you!

Linda

No, it's not "very dressy." Miami natives, I've noticed, tend to dress up in the evening, but whenever we've gone there, DH wears Dockers and a collared shirt and I usually wear a nice pants or capri outfit or a skort set.

I really enjoyed the homemade ravioli stuffed with lump crabmeat and the lasagna is also very good.

If it's a Friday or Saturday night, you might want to make a reservation, as the restaurant isn't that large. It's also nice to go for lunch.

Enjoy! And if Cristofaro (the owner from Italy) is there, tell him Jo-Ann said "hi."

Jo-Ann

It's not that far if you enter from the rear entrance of Bayside. You just have to walk out the lobby door of IC and walk straight across the street.

Jo-Ann

It is not just across the street. The entire Bayfront park is between the IC and the Bayside Marketplace. The distance is about three blocks.

Thank you for an answer to my question! My thread got hijacked by wings, Hooters, and restaurants. :(

Here is a view of the area in question. The yellow arrow points to the hotel. The red arrow points to the Bayside Marketplace. That is a Freedom class ship in the lower right corner ...

Miami.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just back from the Intercontential for a pre cruise stay in march. I always stay at this hotel for precruise! Very nice,clean and close to port. We had a port view from our room. Great to wake up and see the ships!

How is the staff? Are there any stores close by to buy beer and cola and things? The price to stay at the Intercontential?

Archived