Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

I bought this one as I wanted to be a bit more covered and feel comfortable without the butt sticking out so if you go to the web page that is up a few posts, it shows the back and it does not show butt.

The sales lady first showed me a size 8, but showed a little more than

i like at the front, so went to a 10 which covers more. The tie is nice as

it can go as tight as i want and same with halter. Just to give you an idea

I am 5' and maybe 105. At 54 and a few kids, don't want to scare pps out of the pool....mmmmmm or do I? lol :eek:

I tried my on again last night, I think the bad lighting in the dressing room made it look worse than it really was, I mean, my one piece swim suits fit the same, don't know why I thought the tankini should fit different. I just hope it doesn't do the dreaded, "roll up" when I buy the bottoms to go with it.

That second one, is a balconette bra, it fits different than the plunge, that's why. I bought both styles and I agree the plunge works better.

The plunge bra looks like total CRAP on me but the balconettes look great. I just knew I was going to have to return the black and white one. If I had to choose I would return the other one just because of the ruching. But Ill just keep it...

I forgot about the roll up. If anyone saw how much whiter my stomach is than my almost see-thru legs they would be blinded by the light.

You have awesome taste:p

Hi Ladies! I'm back from my cruise. I have to admit- that red bathing suit was so great, I've never felt prettier in a suit. I took that strap off and went strapless, it stayed in place the entire time with no problems. Here's my favorite photo, in Cozumel:

IMG_0861.jpg

I love this suit (and this thread!) so much that I just ordered one. I leave for my cruise in a week, so fingers crossed it makes it in time. My problem is I never know which size to order...I am between a 16W and 18W in trousers, but usually buy a 22 in swimsuits just because they seem to fit so tightly. I ordered two to try...a 20 and a 22. Hopefully one will fit. I'd love to be able to say I was bold and got the red, but when I saw they it also came in black, I caved and bought it in black. I figure it will hide more flaws. But, hey, if I try it on and it looks fab I can always order a red one!

Thanks again for posting this. A question...when you buy suits, so you usually order your trouser size or a bigger size? I wonder if I am the only one who buys suits much larger than my trousers?

To the OP, I checked out your blog and love it! I love your style choices, especially that purple evening gown! It is nice to see stylish clothes for big girls!!! May this thread live long!!

LOL, I sent my husband the picture of the plaid boyleg suit and he thinks it looks grandma-ish on me, so it is being returned for sure! I think it is the checked pattern? Or just the fact he likes the bikini best? OH well, I ordered two more boyleg in smaller sizes already so maybe he will like those patterns better. And since they are smaller, the boyleg won't come as far down. I actually don't like the tie around the neck because I have to tie it super tight to get support and it pulls on my neck which will be a pain after wearing for several hours.

Good thing I still have 126 days to find the right suit, but ordering and returning is becoming a pain.

Maybe I should compromise. boyleg bottom, bikini top. military style suit. cute. (I am military)

http://www.sunburn.com.au/swimwear/style-fit/boyleg/hipster-boyleg-w-military-belt.html

I love this suit (and this thread!) so much that I just ordered one. I leave for my cruise in a week, so fingers crossed it makes it in time. My problem is I never know which size to order...I am between a 16W and 18W in trousers, but usually buy a 22 in swimsuits just because they seem to fit so tightly. I ordered two to try...a 20 and a 22. Hopefully one will fit. I'd love to be able to say I was bold and got the red, but when I saw they it also came in black, I caved and bought it in black. I figure it will hide more flaws. But, hey, if I try it on and it looks fab I can always order a red one!

Thanks again for posting this. A question...when you buy suits, so you usually order your trouser size or a bigger size? I wonder if I am the only one who buys suits much larger than my trousers?

To the OP, I checked out your blog and love it! I love your style choices, especially that purple evening gown! It is nice to see stylish clothes for big girls!!! May this thread live long!!

So happy you bought the suit! It really does hide flaws, I felt so confident and pretty in my bathing suit with my friend wearing her tiny bikini right next to me :rolleyes::)

I normally wear a size 14 pant, so I bought the suit in a 14. I tried the 12 on but it was a little tight. The biggest part of me is my hips and thighs, so I try to fit those first. But if you normally buy a 22 suit, I'm thinking one of those should work for you. The sizing seemed like it was pretty much in line with other suits out there.

Enjoy it and have fun on your cruise! I'm sure you'll look amazing in the suit.:)

So happy you bought the suit! It really does hide flaws, I felt so confident and pretty in my bathing suit with my friend wearing her tiny bikini right next to me :rolleyes::)

I normally wear a size 14 pant, so I bought the suit in a 14. I tried the 12 on but it was a little tight. The biggest part of me is my hips and thighs, so I try to fit those first. But if you normally buy a 22 suit, I'm thinking one of those should work for you. The sizing seemed like it was pretty much in line with other suits out there.

Enjoy it and have fun on your cruise! I'm sure you'll look amazing in the suit.:)

Thanks! I was in a JCP today and looked for the suit, thinking I could try to find my size, but they didn't have any women's sizes in stock and I knew a 12 (largest they had) would not work for me! I can't wait for the suit to arrive. Thanks again for posting the photo! The suit looks just as nice in person!! I'm counting the days until mine arrives!

Went back to JCPenney and picked up this one (in coral), just because ;)

0900631b81d3d674M.tif?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp

So funny! I just bought the tankini version of this (also in coral) the other day, and I also have the one Host Faith has, but in turquoise, from last year I'm also going to bring :)

Hi Ladies! I'm back from my cruise. I have to admit- that red bathing suit was so great, I've never felt prettier in a suit. I took that strap off and went strapless, it stayed in place the entire time with no problems. Here's my favorite photo, in Cozumel:

IMG_0861.jpg

That suit is beautiful - LOVE the color. Where did you get it? (What a great photo, BTW)

Well, the suit came yesterday and I love it. I guess I am the only one who buys a suit much bigger than my trouser size. The 22 fit ok (a little big in the bust, but the strap takes care of that). In fact, it's a little tight in the derriere region, but I think a 24 would be much too big in the bust. It's a little disheartening to buy a suit so large when I wear between a 16 and 18 in trousers, but with every swimsuit I buy, I always buy a larger size than my trousers, so it's not tight fitting! We leave tomorrow for our cruise and will be visiting Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and Rum Pointe in Grand Cayman, so hopefully I will get some decent photos I can post. Thanks again for the link to this suit...it literally saved me the 2-3 hours I normally spend trying on suits in a store!! BTW, I got the suit in black...maybe when I lose a few more lbs., I will be brave enough to rock the red. You looked amazing in the red, but I'm very pale skinned, so I'm not sure it would suit me!

Let me just say that I love seeing "real" women in swimsuits. I wish I was half as confident. :(Even when I could wear bikinis (3 kids and many years ago) I wasn't confident in the way I looked. Small bottom, larger top.

Anyway, I got this one at Lands End for our cruise. (No that's not me:D)22577596_Bluesuit.jpg.dbd476ebc98a88eb7beed452f3a225c6.jpg

Well, the suit came yesterday and I love it. I guess I am the only one who buys a suit much bigger than my trouser size. The 22 fit ok (a little big in the bust, but the strap takes care of that). In fact, it's a little tight in the derriere region, but I think a 24 would be much too big in the bust. It's a little disheartening to buy a suit so large when I wear between a 16 and 18 in trousers, but with every swimsuit I buy, I always buy a larger size than my trousers, so it's not tight fitting! We leave tomorrow for our cruise and will be visiting Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and Rum Pointe in Grand Cayman, so hopefully I will get some decent photos I can post. Thanks again for the link to this suit...it literally saved me the 2-3 hours I normally spend trying on suits in a store!! BTW, I got the suit in black...maybe when I lose a few more lbs., I will be brave enough to rock the red. You looked amazing in the red, but I'm very pale skinned, so I'm not sure it would suit me!

Hi pcrum! I'm sure you look beautiful in the suit! They also have it in a pretty sea green somewhere, I was thinking of getting it but I think that shade would look amazing on you. I miss Cozumel already, luckily we're going back again later this year. I'm glad the bathing suit arrived just in time! I got mine the day before we left too. Enjoy your cruise!

IMG_0861.jpg

Just hope I look as good in mine as you do in yours! Very nice swim suit

great thread. starting my bathing suit shopping now for my july cruise. looking specifically for a bikini top where the straps go over the shoulders and dont tie behind your neck.

Good luck. I needed a suit like this a few years ago. I was in an August wedding, and the dress had tank style straps, so I didn't want tan lines. You would think it would be an easy request, but I did a ton of searching before I finally found one that fit the bill.

I just bought two Victoria's Secret suits last week. Both are halter style tops. One is a string bottom and the other a low rise bottom. I love bathing suits :)

Archived