How to set up a Meet and Greet through Carnival

JPH814

Why not?

Thats what I am wondering. On Princess they gave CC the Skywalkers Lounge to use and some staff came to speak. It was great.

I am guessing its because of the stuff that goes on the Carnival board here at CC. Or used to go on. It was pretty hostile around here.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I was just wondering about this yesterday! We sail two months from now (as of yesterday) - woo! We do not, at least yet, have a very active roll call. I wonder how many people it will take to get Carnival to agree to it. We are also doing the port-packed Southern Caribbean so time will be limited.

I was just wondering about this yesterday! We sail two months from now (as of yesterday) - woo! We do not, at least yet, have a very active roll call. I wonder how many people it will take to get Carnival to agree to it. We are also doing the port-packed Southern Caribbean so time will be limited.

you will need to have a minimum of 20 people

Thank you for such an informative post! We have a pretty active group on our roll call board, but no one has mentioned a meet & greet just yet. I'm sure it is forthcoming.

Question though... we are not drinkers in my family. Does this fee also include sodas, water and non-alcoholic fruity drinks? What kind of snacks were available?

Thanks!

At our Cocktail party in December if you did not drink then it was a different cheaper price than if you drank the open bar.

We had 2 color of wrist bands and the bar tenders were informed that only ones with wrist bands were to be served and told them what color was for alcohol and what color for non-alcohol.

Here is a link to the prices and what is included: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalMagic/Carnival%20Entertains%20%28as%20of%2010-04-10%29.pdf

snacks were pepperidge farm crackers. 11.50 includes soda, non alcoholic drinks, fruit punch.

for this party- even if someone purchased the bar program they still need to pay the 11.50 fee

Non alcoholic????

Our party included booze

• 1 year later...

Suppose you do not want bar service, just have a get together without drinks, is there still a cost on Carnival? Many people do not drink. Gloria

:confused:

Gloriaquote=jnojr;29018240]For the archives...

The number to call is (800) 438-6744 X70006

There's a minimum of 20 people. For one hour with open bar and snacks, it's $9.95 per person + 15% gratuity. For two hours, $17 pp + 15% They recommended setting this up no later than a month before the sail date.

Suppose you do not want bar service, just have a get together without drinks, is there still a cost on Carnival? Many people do not drink. Gloria

:confused:

Gloriaquote=jnojr;29018240]For the archives...

The number to call is (800) 438-6744 X70006

There's a minimum of 20 people. For one hour with open bar and snacks, it's $9.95 per person + 15% gratuity. For two hours, $17 pp + 15% They recommended setting this up no later than a month before the sail date.

No charge if you all do not drink. A few days before your cruise send a note to JH on his fb page requesting a room and expected number of people and give an idea when you want to do this.

I requested the information for a meet and greet for our July Breeze cruise and the brochure they emailed me is very different from the other M&G I have set up or been involved with. I do not have access to the email right now but ( from memory)you have the option of an open bar with premium liquor -$22.00pp or a pre arranged choice of 3 drink bar $16.00pp. As soon as I can get to it I will update.

• 2 months later...

I have organized two M & G on two different cruises (both with Princess)

I just contacted the company, told them, that I wanted a location on board ship, large enough for ? people, and we wanted a "no host" bar. This meant that the meeting would be held in a lounge somewhere on the ship with a bartender in attendance if you wanted a drink. You paid for your own drinks if you desired one.

There was no notice of this meeting in the Princess Patter, but word was spread strictly on our cc roll call. A member took care of the spreadsheet, updating it when new members joined the roll call. Another took care of name tags for attendees. I took care of arrangements, and yes, personal invites to the officers on board ship.

We also had a voluntary gift exchange. Each couple purchased something specific to their area of the country/world (no more than $10) and then we drew names. The giver would explain to everyone how this was significant to where they came from. It was a great history/geography lesson!

Since Princess is a Carnival Corporation line, I can't imagine that it would be any different for Carnival Cruises. I am travelling on the Dream in November and will contact Carnival to arrange a meet and greet for our cruise.

And yes, the first sea day, is usually the ideal time for this meeting as people have more time and energy to attend.

Good luck with all your arrangements everyone! Carnival is also a great line to cruise on and I am looking forward to coming back after 3 Princess cruises.

Kimm

I requested the information for a meet and greet for our July Breeze cruise and the brochure they emailed me is very different from the other M&G I have set up or been involved with. I do not have access to the email right now but ( from memory)you have the option of an open bar with premium liquor -$22.00pp or a pre arranged choice of 3 drink bar $16.00pp. As soon as I can get to it I will update.

I have read that the prices went up considerably from those of a year or two ago. I wonder if the brochure is giving you the new prices for the meet n greet. I arranged one a couple of years ago and we didn't have any non-drinkers as those not wishing to drink had to pay the same amount. The social hostess came into the party and counted all people there and if there were more people than I told Carnival would be there, I had to pay for them.

I also communicated via email to give my address for checks to be mailed and after receiving the payments, I emailed back stating where/when the party was. I was told that at some of the CC parties people came in and friends gave them drinks (without paying for them) and the "host" had to pay for these additional people. I didn't want to take a chance on that so, in addition, I made up name tags for those who had paid. I know this seems like overkill, but even with the sign outside one locked door saying private party and near the other door saying private party with my name on it, four strangers tried to come in. If I hadn't been keeping track via name tags, I wouldn't have known it and would have been stuck paying for them.

Having said all of the above, I don't know how many people will attend these paid cocktail parties because of the unlimited drinks cards people are purchasing. I don't know that they can be used at these parties and if someone is already paying $40 something a day that they would want to pay an additional fee if they can't use their cards.

Just make sure you have someone you can trust or at least someone who is very active on your roll call and will give you updates. Our person said they had to cancel their cruise and screwed us at the last minute and cancelled our meet and greet instead of asking if someone would have liked to take it over. Thankfully, they refunded our money.

Edited by Anjanu

• 1 month later...

I have found the best way to set-up a Meet & Greet, is to call the Carnival 800 # and ask to speak to the Group Event's Dept. They can set you up with a room,with a microphone, and confirm, and send you an e-mail with the info ,then you can post on your roll call, and you will have to let them know about how many folk's you will have about 2 week's prior to sailing. As stated you can contact JH if you wish, he can be busy sometimes, and you may not get an answer, until close to sailing. :eek:

As far as drink's go there are 2 way's to set this up

Cocktail Hour- Bar about $21 per person

This way you will need 20 people and one person will have to collect all the monies in advance, the bad thing is everyone attending will have to pay ;)

Open- Bar Drink's charged to your S&S Card

When you are speaking with Group Event's they can set this up.

The nice thing about doing it this way , only those wishing to have a drink will pay. As not everyone drink's, and for some folk's it might be tooooo early this way has worked out better for our group's

Hope this help's

• 1 month later...
The Meet & Greet on our upcoming Dream cruise has a cost of $28pp for 3 drinks or $16pp if you don't wish to have alcohol.

How do they monitor the number of drinks you have? In the past the fee was for any number of drinks. I always go the the meet and greet but usually have 1 drink . They always make money on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Originally the M&G said 3 drinks but now I see it says unlimited Specialty Cocktails (Caribbean Passion, Rum Punch, & Sex on the Beach), Red Wine, White Wine, Sparkling Wine, Domestic and International Beers, Sodas, Regular Coffee and Tea. There is no mention of food. We also said we would have maybe one drink each. We opted not to go.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

• 5 months later...

No charge if you all do not drink. A few days before your cruise send a note to JH on his fb page requesting a room and expected number of people and give an idea when you want to do this.

Who is this JH that you mention and what is the link to his fb page?