lobster?

ladyruby

Yes - sea food buffet was on embarkation day and also a couple times outside around the pool (shrimp, crab, sushi, etc). We were on a 29 day cruise and they did this at least once each segment. Also, lobster in the dining room and they brought as many tails as you could eat....usually once per cruise, but sometimes they also have dishes with lobster/crab, etc in them...

Enjoy - we did:o

do princess still serve lobster in the dining room and have a seafood buffet one night? just returned of a rccl cruise and they dont :(

thanks in advance

Lobster is generally served once per week in the MDR & is also avaiable with fee based dining (Sabatini's, Crown Grill, Ultimate Balcony Dinner). There are recent threads on the quality of the lobster...those of us less experienced with lobster are okay with them but those who know the difference don't like them much.

do princess still serve lobster in the dining room and have a seafood buffet one night? just returned of a rccl cruise and they dont :(

thanks in advance

We had lobster on our RCCL cruise last November. They were little and nothing like Maine lobster, but they broght extras. Were you on a shorter RCCL cruise? I've heard they don't serve lobster on shorter cruises (less than 7-days).

I hope Princess still serves them. I still enjoy them!

They did not on our last cruise to Alaska in August, although we skipped the formal nights, so they may have had lobster then. We did get lobster tails in the Crown Grill, and they were very good... And we are from New England, so we are picky about our lobster!

We've kinda' given up on the lobster tails...it's just not worth it. There is just no consistency; once in awhile you get one that is not overcooked and pasty. Being from New England, we know what good lobster is and Princess just doesn't serve good lobster in the MDRs.

You'd be much better off leaving your formal wear at home and going out for a nice lobster dinner sometime. Lobster in any shoreside restaurant has got to be a lot better than what they serve us onboard.

Lew

Seems to be offered once per cruise or so, but there are exceptions. I suspect that if the price passes a certain point, off goes the lobster for a while. It's settled down now.

Either way, its not very good lobster.

Just off the Emerald... Lobster tails in the dining room on the 2nd formal night (10-day cruise), and lobster claws & other seafood in Cafe Caribe the same night. We opted to go casual & eat lobster claws in the buffet. They were pretty good (not great).

We had lobster at least on one formal dining night. Have to say we think it is a treat, but after tasting the prefrozen little things was less than impressed. Think their meat/fish dishes were better, but its lobster :D

The seafood buffet we had on our Alaska cruise was truely dissapointing, but I never expect much from a buffet.

thanks in advance

I'm not a fan of what Princess now considers lobster. On the Grand earlier this year we went to the steakhouse and I thought I'd try the lobster there - but it wasn't even on the menu or offered. Not sure if that's the trend or not.

Archived