Price Drops!!

cruise kitty

Just a heads up:

For anyone who is booked on the 10/20/11 Equinox out of Rome, there's just been a huge price drop!

If the cruiselines were smart, they would offer bundles of air/cruise prices to get people to make reservations. The plane fares are higher than the cruises!!!! What does that tell you??!! We just cancelled a cruise package because of changes in ports plus severe devaluation of our original cruise price. It is a killer. We cannot spend good money after bad.....We lost the money on travel insurance, but our loss would still have been greater than sticking with the original reservation. So sad..................

Thanks Cruise Kitty. We saved bundle on our upcoming trip because of cruisers like you. It is the best way to get information out because most times the sale does not last long. In my case prices went back up the next day.

My TA told me I had 48 hours to take advantage of a price drop after my booking. Are you suggesting that I could take advantage of it at any time before I sale? I guess I should start checking all the travel websites every day. If I find a sale, do I contact Celebrity or my TA?

My TA told me I had 48 hours to take advantage of a price drop after my booking. Are you suggesting that I could take advantage of it at any time before I sale? I guess I should start checking all the travel websites every day. If I find a sale, do I contact Celebrity or my TA?

That is correct - you can request a price match ANYTIME up to final payment. Just call your travel agent and let them know that you have previously booked this cruise and you noticed a significant price drop and you want the cruiseline to match it. Celebrity is WONDERFUL about this. You could possibly lose any "extras" the travel agency threw in for free like "prepaid gratuities or OBC" but most of the time not. Good Luck.

We are booked on a Repo cruise from Amsterdam to Istanbut in September 2012. Prices still the same. When we booked X told us this cruise didn't offer any discounts and that it sells out.

Papa, suggest you continue to check the =X= website for possible price drops on your cruise. I'm not sure that =X= reps are able to predict that a cruise in 2012 will never have a price drop.

Bon Voyage,

Betsy

Hi

Are these price drops avialable to UK cruisers and if so where do I find them ?.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

When we booked for next year, I asked the TA to ask Celebrity when she booked it. Yes they do price match, the first price match is free and the second one costs £35 (I think that was the price quoted) to change it. So obviously it is best to wait for a good drop. Even our TA did not know about this price matching so if you booked through a TA you may need to explain this to them.

When we booked for next year, I asked the TA to ask Celebrity when she booked it. Yes they do price match, the first price match is free and the second one costs £35 (I think that was the price quoted) to change it. So obviously it is best to wait for a good drop. Even our TA did not know about this price matching so if you booked through a TA you may need to explain this to them.

It's worth noting that Celebrity UK do not always honour price drops.....we booked direct and had a very significant drop on our Equinox July sailing (in excess of £1000) and I was told several times by X customer service agents that the code for the new price was "for new bookings only". We cancelled our booking and forfeited the deposit in order to make some savings.

That is correct - you can request a price match ANYTIME up to final payment. Just call your travel agent and let them know that you have previously booked this cruise and you noticed a significant price drop and you want the cruiseline to match it. Celebrity is WONDERFUL about this. You could possibly lose any "extras" the travel agency threw in for free like "prepaid gratuities or OBC" but most of the time not. Good Luck.

So if I've already paid my full amount then I shouldn't bother to look for price drops? That's probably why she gave me 48 hours because I paid in full when I booked. Thanks for the info.

Congrats to everyone who was able to take advantage of the drops!

Ladybug01, if you've already made final payment, then no you cannot get a price drop, unless you booked in the final payment window, & there's a drop 48 hours or less after you do so...complicated, I know. I think if a higher category drops below what you paid you can get an upgrade, maybe more experienced cruisers can help in that area. Good luck!

UK cruisers, sorry, I don't know what the rules are... I do know that they are different, sorry I'm not much help there.

It's worth noting that Celebrity UK do not always honour price drops.....we booked direct and had a very significant drop on our Equinox July sailing (in excess of £1000) and I was told several times by X customer service agents that the code for the new price was "for new bookings only". We cancelled our booking and forfeited the deposit in order to make some savings.

I second uktraveller's comments - we booked through TA, noticed a price drop and had to fight - fight and fight some more including emails to people 'high up' in RCCL before they would agree to honour the price drop.... really doesnt seem fair when our US friends get them without any real hassle

Congrats to everyone who was able to take advantage of the drops!

Ladybug01, if you've already made final payment, then no you cannot get a price drop, unless you booked in the final payment window, & there's a drop 48 hours or less after you do so...complicated, I know. I think if a higher category drops below what you paid you can get an upgrade, maybe more experienced cruisers can help in that area. Good luck!

UK cruisers, sorry, I don't know what the rules are... I do know that they are different, sorry I'm not much help there.

This does not apply in the UK - you can get price drops after final payment right up to sail date!:) Rules are that cabins have to be left in your category and that the price code is not a special for new bookings only.

That is correct. Some price codes are for new bookings only, and that code cannot be given to an existing booking. It seems in your case it was still worth it to cancel, lose the deposit and rebook -it must have been one heck of a large drop ;) I guess the Americans don't have the new bookings only prices as they can just cancel, at no penalty and rebook.

I second uktraveller's comments - we booked through TA, noticed a price drop and had to fight - fight and fight some more including emails to people 'high up' in RCCL before they would agree to honour the price drop.... really doesnt seem fair when our US friends get them without any real hassle
It sounds like maybe this was a price code for new bookings only; unless your agent was refusing to pass on the price drop. Many UK agents still claim they know nothing of this price drop policy, and of course, cheaper prices means they make less commission so some really do not like doing price drops.

That is correct. Some price codes are for new bookings only, and that code cannot be given to an existing booking. It seems in your case it was still worth it to cancel, lose the deposit and rebook -it must have been one heck of a large drop ;) I guess the Americans don't have the new bookings only prices as they can just cancel, at no penalty and rebook.

Yes it was still a saving of over £600 after we lost the £450 deposit.

But if X in the UK are now deciding that some reduced prices are only for "new bookings" then we can no longer book early with the expectation of price adjustments.:(

That is so weird. I was there when our TA phoned Celebrity and she repeated verbatim what the guy said whilst still on the phone. He even said to wait and not take the first price drop but wait for the next one otherwise there would be an admin charge for the second one. As I have the TA as witness I would press for price match should one come along. There was no mention of only on certain offers, but I would think it would only be up to final payment.

That is so weird. I was there when our TA phoned Celebrity and she repeated verbatim what the guy said whilst still on the phone. He even said to wait and not take the first price drop but wait for the next one otherwise there would be an admin charge for the second one. As I have the TA as witness I would press for price match should one come along. There was no mention of only on certain offers, but I would think it would only be up to final payment.

What tosh! :eek: You are lucky if you get any price drops so you grab it when it is there! You don't wait for the chance there may be 2!!! Yes it is true that the 2nd price drop would cost you £35pp but hopefully the saving from the first price drop would more than cover this!

Yes, you do get price drops refunded after final payment in the UK. X refunds your agent, who refunds you. If you book direct they refund your creditcard.

I do not think you can expect price drops. So long as you are happy with the price paid, if you get any sort of a further discount you should consider yourself lucky.

Papa, suggest you continue to check the =X= website for possible price drops on your cruise. I'm not sure that =X= reps are able to predict that a cruise in 2012 will never have a price drop.

Bon Voyage,

Betsy

checked, no change in price

Cruise Kitty, you cost me money! Thank you so much for your posting. We booked the Med sailing before out TA on Equinox. Such a bargain, and our cabin was available too so we don't have to move on transition day.

Papa! I'm suggesting you check often (daily?) from now until 2012 for a price drop on your cruise. Could happen at any time between now and when you sail. Price drops are often fleeting--there for a day or less before they disappear. Vigilance often pays off!

I speak from experience. We were booked in CC for our November 2010. I happened to catch a huge drop in the suites category, phoned our TA, was moved to a suite, and pocketed a refund as well. So, it's also a good idea to check the category above the one in which you booked, just in case.

Bon voyage

Betsy

Papa! I'm suggesting you check often (daily?) from now until 2012 for a price drop on your cruise. Could happen at any time between now and when you sail. Price drops are often fleeting--there for a day or less before they disappear. Vigilance often pays off!

I speak from experience. We were booked in CC for our November 2010. I happened to catch a huge drop in the suites category, phoned our TA, was moved to a suite, and pocketed a refund as well. So, it's also a good idea to check the category above the one in which you booked, just in case.

Bon voyage

Betsy

Betsy,

Thanks, I will check from time to time. I am not sure that I would pay much more for a suite. I would rather spend my $$$ on other things.

George

Archived