Can someone explain what the perks are for having a butler??

This is our first time in a suite (OS) and the Butler that comes with it. Can someone explain what a Butler can do for you that a normal room attendant does not? For example, we wanted to book Portofinos online but the time we want is not available. Should we wait until we get on board to see if the Butler can help us out? Also, we are wait-listed for our preferred dining room time. Can the Butler help us with that as well? Thanks - any insight or additional things to know is appreciated!

This is our first time in a suite (OS) and the Butler that comes with it. Can someone explain what a Butler can do for you that a normal room attendant does not? For example, we wanted to book Portofinos online but the time we want is not available. Should we wait until we get on board to see if the Butler can help us out? Also, we are wait-listed for our preferred dining room time. Can the Butler help us with that as well? Thanks - any insight or additional things to know is appreciated!

No butler - just a concierge who will assist you in the morning and evening.

But you may well find it quicker to do things yourself.

Essentially you are simply getting more space and a lounge to share with Diamond Plus members.

as an FYI... you do get Butlers on NCL and they spoil you and yes can do all those things for you... restaurant is NEVER full for you! We had a suite cordless phone... called my butler as we were getting back on the ship from port and had reservations set up for us to be at the restaurant in a half hour! By far the suite experience on NCL exceeds RCCL and Carnival....

We had a butler in our Sky Suite on Celebrity's Constellation and found very little use for his services.

That's pretty much what I was thinking - we like our privacy and don't want anyone underfoot regardless of how helpful said person might want to be.

No butler - just a concierge who will assist you in the morning and evening.

But you may well find it quicker to do things yourself.

Essentially you are simply getting more space and a lounge to share with Diamond Plus members.

:DHow could you ever live without your butler? Mine lays out my clothes the evening before. Delivers breakfast in bed with my morning newspaper and stock report. Goes over my daily schedule. Then he arranges for my driver to show up. Handles my gardner and pool girl (not boy). Arranges afternoon happy hour, and sets up dinner reservations. I could not envision doing all these things myself, especially runnig up all those castle steps while providing these services:D MUST HAVE A BUTLER

That's pretty much what I was thinking - we like our privacy and don't want anyone underfoot regardless of how helpful said person might want to be.

Dito, I think if I ever have a butler the first thing I would do is giving him the rest of the cruise off.

I need my privacy in my room and there is nothing I could think of a butler could be a help.

I don´t even use the concierge for anything. All the stuff s/he can do for me I can do as easily myself.

We had the use of a butler on both of our NCL cruises. Other than delivering room service and setting up the table, we never used their services. I don't need or want anyone packing or unpacking my clothes. I don't see the big deal with one but I guess some like it.:)

Thanks - I must have really misunderstood a post somewhere along the way in my research! So glad to know.. I'm fine with doing things myself but thought I would take advantage of the perk if it existed. I must have confused "Butler" with "Concierge".

One last question... does the Concierge contact you before the cruise to find out if you have any special requests (like Portofino reservations)? We will already be gone a week before our cruise since we are traveling before we board.... is there a number to call and make the requests?

You should get an email from the concierge prior to your cruise. As for the email address, what ship are you sailing on? There is a standard email that involves RCI's abbreviation for the ship. For example, the concierge on the Voyager would be vy_concierge@rccl.com. The Radiance's would be rd_concierge@rccl.com.

P.S. You can make your Portofino reservations online if you are getting close to your cruise. The feature can be accessed through your my cruises account.

Archived