MAGIC - Our Photo Review of the Inaugural Sailing of the Magic

Once we were in the terminal things moved very efficiently. We had arrived fairly early so not sure what it was like later in the day.

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

We received our Sign & Sail card (they were still doing some training) and had our photo taken and then we were on our way to board

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

Given this was the inaugural cruise, there was no one in the cabins so we were able to go directly to our cabin. We were in balcony cabin 8457. I have to say that we were very happy with the size of the cabin and there was tons of storage room for the 2 of us. I tried to capture photos of items of interest within the cabin but let me know if you have any specific questions as I have lots more photos than what I am posting here.

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

insert card for power...good idea!

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

great review thus far! i've thoroughly enjoyed the photos in and around murano / venice, and very much look forward to the same sort of detail from around the ship and your subsequent port stops.

thanks for all the time and work you're putting into bringing us this, one of the very first, reviews from the carnival magic :D

i'll be sure to check back for updates, kudos! :cool:

Loving this! Thank you for taking the time to post so much information and so many pictures. I keep calling my hubby to the computer and saying, "Babe, can we please go here??" :)

I keep wondering about the Boppy I keep seeing in the pictures. No mention of your baby in your posts at all... but now realizing -- that's not a Boppy, is it??? It's a travel neck roll, right??? :D DOH! (can you guess I'm a mom of young kiddos?????)

Loving this! Thank you for taking the time to post so much information and so many pictures. I keep calling my hubby to the computer and saying, "Babe, can we please go here??" :)

I keep wondering about the Boppy I keep seeing in the pictures. No mention of your baby in your posts at all... but now realizing -- that's not a Boppy, is it??? It's a travel neck roll, right??? :D DOH! (can you guess I'm a mom of young kiddos?????)

No baby here....our kids are 17 and 20 and did not join us on this trip. Yes it is my DW's travel neck roll that you are seeing. Glad you are enjoying the review and more to come shortly....

Yea! Can't wait to read more about the Magic. We're doing the TA in Oct. I just posted a question about juevos rancheros, of all things. I'll post it here since you are now on the Magic. My husband loves them and is wondering if they are offered in either the buffet or MDR for breakfast. Reading your post is getting my blood pumping. Thanks for sharing.

Yea! Can't wait to read more about the Magic. We're doing the TA in Oct. I just posted a question about juevos rancheros, of all things. I'll post it here since you are now on the Magic. My husband loves them and is wondering if they are offered in either the buffet or MDR for breakfast. Reading your post is getting my blood pumping. Thanks for sharing.

Hi 1965. Sorry but I am not able to assist as I disembarked the ship as of May 10. However our new friend Sargent Shultz also has a review going on these boards and he is doing a BTB so is still onboard. You may try posting this question to him. Glad you are enjoying the review.

Given we spent a large portion of the cruise in Italy enjoying authentic Italian food, we did not feel the need to try to new Italian eatery onboard. I did however drop by to take a few pics....

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

Juices in the morning (I really enjoyed the Orange, Passion Fruit & Guava....brought back great memories of drinking POG while in Hawaii last year!)

DSC00870.jpg

And drinks with lunch / dinner

DSC01342.jpg

Just outside the buffet at the back, there was the Tandoor option for lunch

DSC00890.jpg

As well as the deli (at breakfast they make omelettes here....and there was never a lineup so check it out)

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00631.jpg