Carnival's Value to Cruisers

Has Carnival's Value Changed in the Past Few Years?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Has Carnival's Value Changed in the Past Few Years?

• CCL Value has decr due to lack of Services.
    • CCL value has incr due to them not raising prices. I have not seen any cuts in service.
    • CCL Value is unchgd due to keeping cost low and making cuts. I would rather they increase prices.
    • CCL Value is unchgd due to keeping cost low and making cuts. I like that they kept the prices low.

When it comes to evaluating how to spend your travel/dining/entertainment dollars, keep in mind that cutbacks abound everywhere you look.

Carnival has done a better than average job of mitigating the effects, compared to everyone else, and not just cruiselines.

I'm confused on your options.......can't vote

Option 1: The cuts have outweighed the value in keeping prices low so Carnival has decreased in value to you.

Option 2: The cuts have not been noticed by you and you see value in keeping the prices low so Carnival has increased in value to you.

Option 3: The cuts are offset by keeping the prices low. There is no change in value to you but you would rather they increased prices and not made the cuts.

Option 4: The cuts are offset by keeping the prices low. There is no change in value to you and you are glad they made the cuts they did to keep the prices low.

I would have spelled it out clearer but there was not enough space. Hope this helps clear it up for you.

I'm confused on your options.......can't vote

I couldnt vote either. I agree with the poster who said the cuts in entertainment are the problem. Like cutting the big shows in the main theater mostly. I loved the big shows and now you have a game show and bingo?? thats not a show to me really.

I dont think that counts as a cut in services exactly? the value has gone down to me with the cut in shows at night. The rest is fine with me.

Increasing the cost for singles to 200% rather than 150% in the lowly 1A cabin is no value to me. It is a rip.

And all the Carnival cheerleader stockholders and business types out there, let's hear you roar now,..... but wait till you are single, divorced or widowed some day or wanting gramma or uncle Louie to come who can't afford 200% ......and see if your opinion changes. I know Carnival isn't a charity, but a break now and again is good business.......

Lets see, I do not have to cook or clean up for a week.

I can eat like there is no tomorrow.

I have a zero bar bill--lol

For me- its all priceless.

For the price I pay for our balconies-- I have been very happy.

I have yet to see cut backs.

I still get towel animals- i still got mints.

Option 1: The cuts have outweighed the value in keeping prices low so Carnival has decreased in value to you.

Option 2: The cuts have not been noticed by you and you see value in keeping the prices low so Carnival has increased in value to you.

Option 3: The cuts are offset by keeping the prices low. There is no change in value to you but you would rather they increased prices and not made the cuts.

Option 4: The cuts are offset by keeping the prices low. There is no change in value to you and you are glad they made the cuts they did to keep the prices low.

I would have spelled it out clearer but there was not enough space. Hope this helps clear it up for you.

Option 5: Cuts are noticable , prices are the same = lower value.

Option 5: Cuts are noticable , prices are the same = lower value.

You have to factor in inflation though. $500 in 1999 money is not the same as $500 today. I think that was what the OP was getting at with one of the options. I think we need to create a algebraic equation to figure this whole debate out.....:rolleyes:

You have to factor in inflation though. $500 in 1999 money is not the same as $500 today. I think that was what the OP was getting at with one of the options. I think we need to create a algebraic equation to figure this whole debate out.....:rolleyes:

I factored in that I can get the same balcony cabin on Princess without the cuts that I have noticed on Carnival:p

Archived