Millie 3//6/2005 - I Was Given A Tongue Lashing By a CHAIR HOG!!!

tuggers

I have never been insulted and talked to so bad on a cruise! I was accused of 'stealing' a chair. When I told the woman that there was nothing on the chair when I got there around 8, she informed me that they had come down at 6 AM to put towels on chairs. She ended by saying that I stole her chair and she had hoped I would 'at least own up to it'!

Mind you, this one couple kept 6 chairs all day. Every hour or so his sister and her husband or his mother and father would come down and sit. They still saved the chairs.

Saturday, they fell asleep before we got to Nassau and a man and woman took two of the chairs. They were really mad when they woke up! Anyway, they got off the ship at noon and apparently went to a beach. 5 o'clock they came back with trays loaded from the grill and walked right up to what had been their chairs. Boy were they pissed to see all the chairs full! I mean, really, they were only gone 5 hours!

When I left the pool area at 6, she and her husband were sitting in chairs by the windows, totally encased in towels, still bitching about people taking the chairs. And did I mention that she sounded like Minnie Mouse? Sort of made you want to laugh when she was berating you! LOL!

Let us just hope that this "lady" doesnot want to cruise anymore.

Did the crew do anything about it? Or just you ( and the others who "took" their chairs?

I would have loved to be there, it isn't hard for me to tell a rude person like this to..........

23_29_105v.gif seems there are more and more people who are rude or think the world revolves around them, sad! I hope it didn't ruin your day.

If a chair hog tells me I am in their chair I always get up and leave right away. It's amazing though that as I am rushing to vacate the chair my sunscreen bottle or my can of soda will always slip from my hand and spill all over the chair....:D

If a chair hog tells me I am in their chair I always get up and leave right away. It's amazing though that as I am rushing to vacate the chair my sunscreen bottle or my can of soda will always slip from my hand and spill all over the chair....:D

Good one Jerry! I'll have to remember that!:D

Garry

Tell them the chair they saved was moved to the other side of the ship, the chair you are sitting in was brought to you by a deck hand...you are so sorry that someone took their chair......then remind them, there is no saving chairs anyway...with a BIG smile.....

or...try this...

"Take a Hike!"

Chair hogs are an odd breed. We know they're arrogant, selfish and territorial, but they must be given due credit for their creativity. The best we've seen over the years was a couple who saved two lounges by placing a banana on each; and another couple who tore a paperback book in half and placed one half on each lounge. You gotta luv 'em!

A man with a strong Brooklyn accent (i know everyone from there is not rude) and lots of tatoos not only tried to sit in the chair we were occupying b/c he had it earlier in the day and decided to leave for awhile, but he stole my daughter's suntan lotion in the process!!!! Then proceeded to yell at us b/c this was his chair earlier!!!! We acted as though he wasn't there, which didn't go over all that well with him.........he continued to rant until he made a complete A** of himself!!!!! I had hoped that by never making the mistake of cruising Carnival again we would not be around people like this..... guess I was wrong.... sad.............isn't it?

Chair hogs are on every ship unfortunately.

I think it is pretty sad that your on vacation and you get up at 6AM to save a chair by the pool that you and your family may or may not use. Yeah, that is the first thing on my mind when I wake up... NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like south boston to me people put garbage barrels, chairs, old tvs in the street to save their car spots after they have shovelled out the snow

That is completely different. We used to do that all of the time in Chicago - I'm sure they still do. (Fortunately, I've not lived there in over 20 years, so I hardly even know what snow looks like.)

I have never been insulted and talked to so bad on a cruise! I was accused of 'stealing' a chair.

Ok, confused here. What is a chair hog and do I even want to know? Is it a person who "holds" a chair even if they aren't sitting on it? Aren't there enough to go around? (new to this...as you might have figured)

Marlene

That is completely different. We used to do that all of the time in Chicago - I'm sure they still do. (Fortunately, I've not lived there in over 20 years, so I hardly even know what snow looks like.)

They absolutely still do! I live just close enough to always wind up down there right after a snow storm and have to laugh at how creative they can get!

I wonder if Radisson and Crystal have chair hogs?

Gail, What about MSC?

I have never been insulted and talked to so bad on a cruise! I was accused of 'stealing' a chair. When I told the woman that there was nothing on the chair when I got there around 8, she informed me that they had come down at 6 AM to put towels on chairs. She ended by saying that I stole her chair and she had hoped I would 'at least own up to it'!

Mind you, this one couple kept 6 chairs all day. Every hour or so his sister and her husband or his mother and father would come down and sit. They still saved the chairs.

Saturday, they fell asleep before we got to Nassau and a man and woman took two of the chairs. They were really mad when they woke up! Anyway, they got off the ship at noon and apparently went to a beach. 5 o'clock they came back with trays loaded from the grill and walked right up to what had been their chairs. Boy were they pissed to see all the chairs full! I mean, really, they were only gone 5 hours!

When I left the pool area at 6, she and her husband were sitting in chairs by the windows, totally encased in towels, still bitching about people taking the chairs. And did I mention that she sounded like Minnie Mouse? Sort of made you want to laugh when she was berating you! LOL!

Madam... Next time - Cruise on Carnival!!!! ;)

When she said she came down at 6:00 to save her chair and it was then 8:00 you should say then you my dear lady are what is called a "chair hog". Tell her the pool stewards monitor how long the chairs have been empty and remove your things after 30 minutes so if she'd like to have her chair she should sit in it.

When she said she came down at 6:00 to save her chair and it was then 8:00 you should say then you my dear lady are what is called a "chair hog". Tell her the pool stewards monitor how long the chairs have been empty and remove your things after 30 minutes so if she'd like to have her chair she should sit in it.

Hi Ma !

I agree with your comment, and you are right.... but when we were on Summit on November, the pool attendant really blew it off... said nothing he could do about it. I guess it comes down to if they want to get into it with the passenger, and in most cases, they dont !

I have been confronted before, by chair hogs... and I always say what another poster said, about this spot being empty and a chair was put here for me by the pool attendant..... so this cant be YOUR chair, and I simply say "Sorry" and I will NOT move. End of story, and I have never had a problem with that approach.

To answer your question, no, Radisson doesn't have chair hogs. Have been on Radisson a couple of times and have never had a problem with hogs. People are very considerate of each other, very civilised and there are enough lounge chairs for everyone.

I loved the response to say "I brought it from home". also that their chair was moved to the other side and the deck crew brought this one for me. I will have to remember those for Mercury March 30th to Mexico. Can hardly wait for these last two weeks to pass.

Happy sailing, Joanne

DonnaW,

MSC had LOTS and LOTS of wonderful chairs. They did not have pads but were the stretched fiber type material which were kind of comfy and they had a neat

piece that came up and acted as a sun shade for your face if you wanted. I always found a chair on the pool level!

Archived