Is 2680 PAX on the Spirit TOO Many

sludger

Just wondering would you say that a Carnival Spirit with 2680 Pax too many?

And how often would this happen?

Paul

The Spirit and most Carnival ships sail at over 100% capacity every week. The capacity of a ship is based on double occupancy in each cabin, but many cabins can accomodate a 3rd or 4th person.

Having said that, the Spirit class ships have the most square foot per passenger of any other class ship in the fleet and most people say the extra spaciousness is noticable.

Built 2000 Years old 11 Passengers 2124 - 2680

Cabins 1062 Space Ratio 32 - 40 Tons 85920

Speed 22.0 Length 960 Beam 106 Crew 961

Your chances of having 2680 are probably slim and none. This is the max allowed, counting all the 3/4 berths.

Why worry about the max amount, which probably will never happen?? It will be a number closer to the 2124 which is 100% capacity if there were only 2 in each cabin, plus a few hundred at most extra .. it more depends on the time of year. If its summer here, and children are not in school, the number might get up there, but rarely hits the absolute max.

Janey is exactly right... the passenger space ratio of a Spirit Class ship is 41:1... on a Conquest Class ship that ratio is 37:1, on a Fantasy Class ship it's 34:1...

Nope... that's not too many passengers for the Spirit...

:)

Janey is exactly right... the passenger space ratio of a Spirit Class ship is 41:1... on a Conquest Class ship that ratio is 37:1, on a Fantasy Class ship it's 34:1...

[

With 2680 on board it comes down to 32 though, would you say that is spacious still?

Paul

2,680 is "maximum capacity" of Spirit-class ships.

I question why you continue to beat this topic to death? :confused:

isnt this like the 3rd thread on this... there was the one are americans fatter. I just found this one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1408939

OP I wonder too why you are beating this to death. Dont book Carnival when it comes to Australia if you are this unhappy with the ratio.

spirit is one of carnival's ships with the best space ratio .. you would be even more unhappy with the other ships one has to conclude and so perhaps carnival isnt your cup of tea.

We had 2600 I heard last week on Elation.

Note how much smaller Elation is ton wise than spirit (70 tons vs 85 tons) .. so if you think 2600 is too much for a spirit class ship ... we had it on a much smaller fantasy class ship.

Elation is only 70 tons, much smaller than spirit.

Built 1998 Years old 13 Passengers 2040 - 2634

isnt this like the 3rd thread on this... there was the one are americans fatter. I just found this one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1408939

OP I wonder too why you are beating this to death. Dont book Carnival when it comes to Australia if you are this unhappy with the ratio.

spirit is one of carnival's ships with the best space ratio .. you would be even more unhappy with the other ships one has to conclude and so perhaps carnival isnt your cup of tea.

We had 2600 I heard last week on Elation.

Note how much smaller Elation is ton wise than spirit (70 tons vs 85 tons) .. so if you think 2600 is too much for a spirit class ship ... we had it on a much smaller fantasy class ship.

This ship is only 70 tons, much smaller than spirit.

It wouldn't be the fact that you happen to be a Carnival stockholder that's prompting your rather curt replies would it?

If you don't like the thread, don't post, simple as.

As for the fat thing it was actually whether Americans were bigger not fatter, I wouldn't be that rude. I have a lot of family in the U.S.A. I was just joking about how Carnival were going to fit 4 Aussies in a 3 berth cabin. (rear main deck if you look at the plans before and after fitout).

Paul

Nope, it would have nothing to do with my reply. Im just wondering why someone would start now 4 threads and not just continue the threads they started. Plus you asked it on one thread that started as something else .. so this is at least the 5th time Iv read the same question from you.

I dont know why someone would keep asking the same question over and over.

My suggestion is to go to cruisedeckplans and compare the space ratios for yourself?? do your own due diligence. Look at RCL as a comparison .. do the comparisons. The YOU will maybe know if this would bother you or not .. its not if it bothered me we had 2600 on Elation last week or any other ship .. its if it bothers you or if YOU feel its too crowded. Obviously it didnt bother me last week, and that is a much smaller ship.

Sludger, I am curious what your past cruising experiences have been that have caused you to be concerned with the capacity and space ratio of the SPIRIT? Have you sailed other mass market lines?

Hi Paul

I haven't yet sailed on the Carnival Spirit, but two years ago my husband and I sailed on the Carnival Miracle, a younger sister ship. That cruise was very popular and the ship sailed near max capacity. If I remember correctly, there were nearly 2500 people on board that week. We never felt packed together, and the only time we noticed uncomfortable crowding was in the buffet for breakfast. We took to ordering room service instead. Lunch offered more open venues as did dinner, so we didn't see the huge lines for those two times. I hope this helps.

I just got off Spirit on Tuesday. The only time it felt crowded was at breakfast on the port days when everyone was eating before we got off. Other than that it was fine and we sailed with a full ship.

Nope, it would have nothing to do with my reply. Im just wondering why someone would start now 4 threads and not just continue the threads they started. Plus you asked it on one thread that started as something else .. so this is at least the 5th time Iv read the same question from you.

I dont know why someone would keep asking the same question over and over.

My suggestion is to go to cruisedeckplans and compare the space ratios for yourself?? do your own due diligence. Look at RCL as a comparison .. do the comparisons. The YOU will maybe know if this would bother you or not .. its not if it bothered me we had 2600 on Elation last week or any other ship .. its if it bothers you or if YOU feel its too crowded. Obviously it didnt bother me last week, and that is a much smaller ship.

Who made you the posting policeman anyway?

As I said if you don't like the thread don't get involved.

Paul

I was on the Spirit and never felt crowded* and it was a full ship.

* Except at embarkation and getting on the tender boats.

Nice Ship! Enjoy :)

Hi Rod

Thanks for the info, just interested how many people were on the Ship?

Paul

Archived