Shampoos and Soaps included on HAL?

dan1618

We are doing our final packing to leave for our May 21 Zuiderdam cruise. We are in an SB and our kids are in an inside stateroom. Are shampoos and soaps provided? Is it worth bringing our own or does HAL provide good quality? Space is becoming an issue (actually weight more than space...dang 50 lb. rule!) and I don't want to bring things we don't need. Thanks!

We are doing our final packing to leave for our May 21 Zuiderdam cruise. We are in an SB and our kids are in an inside stateroom. Are shampoos and soaps provided? Is it worth bringing our own or does HAL provide good quality? Space is becoming an issue (actually weight more than space...dang 50 lb. rule!) and I don't want to bring things we don't need. Thanks!

Yes, they use Elemis products: shampoos, conditioners, and soaps. I've read (though I haven't experienced it yet) that they're switching from individual bottles & bars to dispensers.

Enjoy your cruise!

0911.JPG

on the left is the shampoo -- Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

in the middle is the conditioner -- Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

on the right is the bath gel -- Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

on our last cruise we got only the white round bar of soap -

Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

you might be lucky and get the green soap - pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

the lotion still comes in a small bottle - 1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

Have to say that my mother and myself loved the Elemis shampoo, shower gel and conditioner but the boys didn't ( my dad and brother) and they continued to use their own products. They had brought some for our hotel stays before and after the cruise so may well have "bitten the bullet" and used the Elemis products if they had to.

I would suggest that these products are more female friendly.

My dh had not problem with the Elemis products - if you are sailing out of Fort lauderdale or Canada, and you are concerned, you can always pick up some products before you board (no weight) if necessary. Have a great cruise:D

dang -- my picture didn't take -- will try again:

0911.JPG

on the left is the shampoo -- Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

in the middle is the conditioner -- Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

on the right is the bath gel -- Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

on our last cruise we got only the white round bar of soap -

Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

you might be lucky and get the green soap - pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

the lotion still comes in a small bottle - 1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

While we've used the shampoos from time to time neither of us likes the soap or bath gel as we found them too drying on our skin. We carry a bar of our own soap. Doesn't weigh much and doesn't take up that much room. We also carry our own shampoos but those are part of our travel setup and are in small spill proof plastic bottles that we fill/refill at home.

Just returned from 21 days in Europe 12 of them on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We took only carry on luggage (yes you heard me right) so space was at a premium. We took no hair products or lotions and hoped for the best. Luckily all our hotels pre and post cruise had these available. On the ship we used their products and had no problem with them at all. I love the new containers on the wall. So much easier than the bottles.

We like the shampoo and I like the bath gel only as 'bubble bath' but I don't like washing with it. I much prefered the bath soap HAl always provided. I like a bar of soap rather than the liquids. I will probably start bringing bars of bath soap with us if our steward cannot get us some of the nice Elemis soap to which we are accustomed.

HAL products are Elemis and very good quality.

The new wall dispensers are fine and we first experienced them on Noordam last month but they are also now on Maasdam and a number of the other ships.

You can avoid packing those heavy items and count on using what HAL provides.

Archived