Water on Board and Rotterdam Drydock?

CMYK_iNK

Hi friends,

A couple questions about the water on board HAL ships (namely Rotterdam if it differs by ship).

1. Is there filtered water available for free to guests anywhere on board? e.g. a water cooler or similar?

2. Is the water in water pitchers or served by waiters in the dining rooms filtered?

3. Is the water from the taps in the cabin drinkable?

Lastly, and unrelated, does anyone know when the Rotterdam is going into Drydock this year in 2011?

Thanks for your help!

Hi friends,

A couple questions about the water on board HAL ships (namely Rotterdam if it differs by ship).

1. Is there filtered water available for free to guests anywhere on board? e.g. a water cooler or similar?

2. Is the water in water pitchers or served by waiters in the dining rooms filtered?

3. Is the water from the taps in the cabin drinkable?

Lastly, and unrelated, does anyone know when the Rotterdam is going into Drydock this year in 2011?

Thanks for your help!

There is water on the Lido deck if you so wish. the water in the taps are perfectly safe to drink. I honestly don't know if the water we get in MDR is filtered, but is fine:D all is safe to drink

Just to let you know that the water is totally fine. We drink lots of it daily and have never once felt a need to purchase bottled water while on board. We drink the water served throughout the ship in various restaurants and we also drink it straight from the bathroom faucet when we are in our stateroom. Never had a problem and actually I think the water on board tasted quite fine. If I may make a suggestion - you can always bring with you the portable personal Brita filtration bottles. I have seen many people use them on cruise ships and have often thought about bringing one myself but honestly I think the HAL water is just fine.

Ashley

Rotterdam VI is not going into dry-dock this year. She is scheduled for the period between 07 and 22 DEC 2012 at the Blohm + Voss yard in Hamburg, Germany

Nice to see you here John. :)

Thank you Sir! Greets from Glacier Bay, AK;)

I have read that you write a blog. I have always found your write ups about your cruises most facinating. Is there any chance of being able to find your blog?? If you don't want to post it here, could you e-mail it to me, please and thank you

basiaZ03@gmail.com

Barbara

I have read that you write a blog. I have always found your write ups about your cruises most facinating. Is there any chance of being able to find your blog??
Not that I'm aware of! Are you perhaps thinking of www.dutchbyassociation.com or Capt Albert's blog http://www.hollandamericablog.com/albert/ ? The latter will be suspended for about 6 months, though.

Archived