Price Drops for Med! (again)

cruise kitty

Sep 15 Silhouette has not dropped this time.....but then it's dropped by more than 50% already..so not much lower it can go....wonder what will happen after final deadline to pay passes next month.....:eek:

I am waiting for a price drop on our Sept 9th cruise. They seem to be slashing prices on Oct/Nov but we were told Sept was the best month to cruise for Italy / Greece... but after seeing some of the prices being half what we paid for our Sept 9th cruise it makes me sad. But our airfare is already booked and it would cost a lot to switch to October. Oh well. Just hoping for a price drop before our final payment June 26th :D

Darn I'm sad! They did a price drop on the GUAR (from 1099 to 999) but there was NO price drop on my 1A Category cabin that's booked. :(

I was hopeful when I saw the GUAR at 999 that mine would have dropped too! :( Oh well. I'll keep trying! Final payment for me (10/10 cruise) isn't until end of July!

Thanks for the tip!

There's still hope after the final payment! We have a Sept. 7th cruise, Amsterdam to Istanbul. Final payment on our C1 cabin was May 29th. A few days later they began running a special "Senior Rate" - "heard" about it opn our RC - I never thought Celebrity would honor it but they did and some of us saved $2000!!!! And as a refund not OBC!!!!!!

Lesson learned - it's worth a try if you see a sale!!!! And make sure you check off all the places that apply (age, military, state, etc.) when checking prices. And always alert your fellow cruisers, especially on your RC!!!!!!!!!!!

I am waiting for a price drop on our Sept 9th cruise. They seem to be slashing prices on Oct/Nov but we were told Sept was the best month to cruise for Italy / Greece... but after seeing some of the prices being half what we paid for our Sept 9th cruise it makes me sad. But our airfare is already booked and it would cost a lot to switch to October. Oh well. Just hoping for a price drop before our final payment June 26th :D

The Equinox cruise leaving Sept 9 has had two price drops that I am aware of since I booked back in Oct 2010. Last month I saved $600.00 but lost a OBC for $75.; but got to keep the prepaid gratuities. I used an online TA

Have you joined our roll call ? Check it out.

The Equinox cruise leaving Sept 9 has had two price drops that I am aware of since I booked back in Oct 2010. Last month I saved $600.00 but lost a OBC for $75.; but got to keep the prepaid gratuities. I used an online TA

Have you joined our roll call ? Check it out.

I've joined the role call. We booked on aa.com for miles on May 20th, have not seen any price drops since then, we paid $1999 each for Veranda Concierge guaranteed cabin with pre-paid gratuities included as an AA.com promo & double miles. I check every day on aa.com as well as other sites and haven't seen any drops - actually the guaranteed cabin went up to $2049 pp. We didn't use a travel agent because of the extra promotions through aa.com but they said we could call them with any price changes before our final payment is due (Which I'm hoping for!)

The price drop I got was about the time you booked. You have a good deal. But check the celebrity web site up to the final payment . It might drop.

I am just excited that it will be only three months and we will be on board!!

If there is a price drop before final payment will you lose your original obc?

Thanks

Hi,

first, a caveat, I'm no expert:) However, I believe it depends on where your OBC originated from. If it's from a TA, you could lose it if they based it on their expected commission. Our OBC came from an open ended booking while on a cruise... usually you don't lose that, unless you were to cancel & rebook on a special offer, but those usually aren't available till after final payment.

Sorry if my answer is confusing, it does just depend on your booking situation. It never hurts to call the captains club & ask... every price drop I've seen, I've called them, rather than the regular X phone number, they seem much more informed & helpful.

Archived