Carnival Letter

weswas

Can anyone tell me what you have received from a carnival letter? We wrote last year to them about what a great time we had on the Destiny. They sent us a letter saying that 45 days before we cruise again to give them a call and we would receive a special gift in our stateroom. I am 48 days out and not sure if it is worth callling or if it is easier to bring the letter with me. Anyone ever receive a letter and if you did did you call??? Thanks

By all means give them a call. I've been offered this twice before (each time I wrote the letter). When you call, they'll ususally give you a choice of several different items, e.g., bottle of wine, photo certificate, fruit basket, etc.

We called - I think that is the only way to actually receive something. On different occasions we have received:

A bottle of champagne

A box of chocolates (stale!)

$90 worth of photo credits

4 sheets (each with 4 coupons) of drink coupons

... so there is a BIG difference as to the "value" of your "special gift"...

I have heard some say that when they called they were given a CHOICE of what they would like (from a short list) - I, even after asking, have always been told when I call that I can't choose.

They do typically ask if anyone is a diabetic, or does not drink...

ENJOY whatever comes your way!

Tom

When you say write a letter, did you actually send a letter or an email? I have emailed Carnival about the great time we had, but never heard back so wondered if a mailed letter was what you meant.

My family and I went on the Miracle last May and my sister and brother-in-law sent a letter to carnival about how much they enjoyed the cruise. A few weeks ago she called and they sent both of them lapel pins from each ship they have sailed on....my sister only had to ask.

By all means call!!!

Terri

A word to the wise before I get started...take the original letter with you on the ship!!!!

I was given one in 2004 for 15%pp for problems on board.Noproblem redeeming this one.

I was given one for 200.00pp on board credit,20% off pp on the cruise,and a welcome aboard gift( we chose a the photo coupon...An earlier post said 90.00 photo credit,that is not the case anymore,you get 15.00 credit and if the pics are over that you pay the difference)We revieved all of the above.the third on was for 2005 and we asked for our room to be decorated for our anniversary.they did not do this and I had to fight with them to get anyone to look into it further.Still after the third day of the cruise and the original letter being photcopied several times I was told"we have no record of it"This letter wa for complimenting my PVP on her great customer service and no pressure sales technigue.

We are so disgusted after having so many "mistakes" happen that we have decided to part ways with Carnival.

hope this helps you

I wrote a letter and sent it to Carnival I have emailed in the past and have never gotten something back but never expected it either. Just wanted to make sure that the peopel that we enjoyed the most were recognized

I have gotten this letter twice just by e-mailing after our cruise and telling them what a great time we had. I don't think they expire because my last letter was from 2003 and I just called this week to redeem it. Wasn't given a choice of any items just told a gift would be waiting. Anything we get will be fine with me. It's free after all. The first time we received a certificate for a bottle of wine during dinner. The waiter let us get champagne instead since we were celebrating our tablemate's getting engaged. It is really nice that Carnival does this.

I also have a "gift" coming. They said to call within 45 days of the cruise. Do they mean we should call on the 45th day or anytime between 45 days or less?

I just called the other day, and we are 27 days and counting. The items offered where wine, champagne, fruit basket... I asked about photo coupons, and she said she wasn't sure, but would make a note of it. I said put me down for a box of chocolates if the coupons aren't available. She said that she would note "no alcohol", as I wasn't interested in champagne or wine.. I laughingly asked about coupons for 'buckets-of-beer', and we both got a chuckle out of that one! :rolleyes: I think its nice that they make the offer.. anything is better than nothing.. :D

I redeemed a letter a few years ago, and I was able to specify what I would like. I think I told them wine would be okay, but not champagne. I have sent in comments and reviews on just about every cruise I've been on, and I remember only getting a gift letter once.

I always e-mail Carnival right after our cruises to tell them what a great time we had and to single out any crew member that went out of their way to make our cruise more enjoyable. They have always sent me "the letter". The first thing they usually ask is if we drink alcohol. Then they ask if we want wine or champagne and delivered to our cabin or the first night in the dining room. This year for a change, we ask for wine to be delivered in the dining room instead of champagne in our cabin. Our TA also sent a bottle for our first night's dinner. There was a card in our cabin telling us that it would be delivered on the first night in the dining room. Normally I don't take the letter but for some reason this time I did.

We received the TA's bottle the first night. Nothing the second so I took the letter to the purser's desk and questioned them. She checked the records and it said that the one delivered the first night was from our TA. She told me to check with the Head Waiter when we went to dinner which I did. He said that he would have to check on it with the bar. During our meal, he returned to our table with the letter and a ton of apologies. The bottle was delivered on our second formal night per our request.

Just to be safe, take the letter with you.

My mom sent a letter about her Nov. cruise and got a letter back so we'll call on my Grandpa's b-day (Ironic twist that 45 days out would have been his birthday) and get something. We don't really care what it is but drink coupons would be really cool.

I wrote a letter and sent it to Carnival I have emailed in the past and have never gotten something back but never expected it either. Just wanted to make sure that the peopel that we enjoyed the most were recognized

I too had written a letter about a cruise my mom and I took. They never responded, so I called them about 2 months ago, asking if they even got the letter. (I've moved twice and gotten married since we sailed). The customer service person was wonderful, took down all the details and viola! A letter appeared a month later. Just waiting for my 45 days to come up!

June

Just a heads up on this letter-make sure it has a reference number or you'll get a big hassle when you call Carnival. I got my letter via email and called Carnival today and they said they had no info so I had to fax them the letter and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.

Laura

Archived