Best place to send letter of complaint to get a response?

SilentHill

Did anyone really think someone from NCL would respond like that? I didn't, and I am now more impressed then ever!:D

I'm not surprised but am impressed. I have seen them do this a number of times on these boards. It seems if someone has a problem but is having an issue reaching whoever they should be talking to, NCL will have them direct the email to them so it can be handled appropriately. Very good customer service.

I have been dealing with a very well established, well known company for 2 days now (not cruise related), I have 3 phone calls to customer service voicemails and 3 to customer service supervisor voicemails and in almost 48 hours have heard from no one.

So in my books, in todays world this response from NCL is certainly refreshing and keeps you believing that there are still companies out there that care about their customers. Thumbs up to NCL.

I want to give a shout out to NCL for being proactive and giving OP's the accurate info they need to answer a question or address a complaint. For me this is great PR that NCL wants to work with their customers.

Keep up the good work!!!

I agree. That is outstanding that NCL cares enough to be this proactive.:D

I don't get the chance to cruise as much as I would like to ...... but NCL's Customer Service is just one of the reason's I keep coming back to them.

To the OP .... I hope you get the answer's you are looking for and you if you are thinking about not cruising on NCL again....I hope you give them another chance. Good Luck.

OceanDreams

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to my response and I'll make sure to post here when I receive it :)

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a response?

I sent this Friday morning and I haven't heard anything. Maybe i'm just being impatient, lol.

If it were me I would give them a week to 10 days anyway. I figure they have to research my issue before they respond.

Good luck.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a response?

I sent this Friday morning and I haven't heard anything. Maybe i'm just being impatient, lol.

When I recently sent them an email, I sent it return receipt requested. I received an email from NCL the next morning saying they received the email. A week later I received a snail mail response.

Did anyone really think someone from NCL would respond like that? I didn't, and I am now more impressed then ever!:D

NCL does not seem to get into CC chit-chat, but I have always been impressed by their presence here with good information.

Hi!

My "not so lucky" experience.

I had an issue during the last Epic transatlantic. Sent a detailed email with my claim to "guestrelations_ce@ncl.com" and "ncladmin@ncl.com" in 05/28/2011.

I received this a couple of days after (31/05/2011):

Dear Guest,

Thank you for contacting Norwegian Cruise Line. Your email has been forwarded to our Customer Relations Department to assist you.

Thank You,

ncladmin

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

No word since then. More than a month, and still waiting... (at least for an apology)

David.

I sent an email to NCL public relations the other day. Got a call that afternoon and got an answer today on something I wanted clarification on. Way to go NCL!!!

Now there's a corporation who puts "service" in customer service.

Kathy

I sent an email to NCL public relations the other day. Got a call that afternoon and got an answer today on something I wanted clarification on. Way to go NCL!!!

Now there's a corporation who puts "service" in customer service.

Kathy

I don't think a complaint is as simple as answering a question, but then again I never left my phone number in the e-mail just my address and my latitudes number. I assume they could have pulled all my info from lattitudes, but maybe they are still researching my issue. I'm not sure.

Edit: oops I lied I did leave my phone number. Not sure then.

I don't think a complaint is as simple as answering a question, .

I agree completely and depending on how indepth your issues were and who they may have to contact (for example to get the other side of the story, or to research why this may have happened).

NCL came onto the board to give you the email address Jul 8th (a friday). Assuming the powers that be only work reg Mon - Fri hours. Therefore only leave (counting today) 3 days. I think in all fairness unless it was a really easy fix, you should at least give them a week.

Although I know it's hard to sit tight while you are waiting for someone to get back to you. Especially if previous to this you have tried other avenues to get satisfaction.

No word since then. More than a month, and still waiting... (at least for an apology)

That's the experience that I had. Never had a response.

My experience in a nutshell. Our PCC promised amenity points for our group then reneged. I asked NCL for a resolution - a bottle of wine or dinner in the Italian restaurant on the Sun (cost $10). No response. So I transferred the group to a travel agent. The cost in the end to NCL was over $4000 in commission (21 people). Would have cost them much less to resolve it in the beginning.

BTW, the cruise was wonderful.

That's the experience that I had. Never had a response.

My experience in a nutshell. Our PCC promised amenity points for our group then reneged. I asked NCL for a resolution - a bottle of wine or dinner in the Italian restaurant on the Sun (cost $10). No response. So I transferred the group to a travel agent. The cost in the end to NCL was over $4000 in commission (21 people). Would have cost them much less to resolve it in the beginning.

BTW, the cruise was wonderful.

I really hope they are going to respond to me seeing as how I posted this thread with the specific intent of receiving a response. Originally I had thought for sure I would get a response seeing as how NCL had come on here and provided me with an e-mail address after reading my post, but now i'm starting to think otherwise. If I have no response by tomorrow I will forward my e-mail to Ksheehan@ncl.com and see how that goes.

I emailed Kevin Sheehan last month regarding a fantastic experience I had onboard the Jewel. Not only did I get a reply from him first thing the next morning. He contacted the crew of the Jewel in BERMUDA that day to congratulate them and offer them the cover of the NCL newsletter. I also got a snail mail letter from customer relations a week and half later thanking me for my email and offering me a welcome onboard basket for my next cruise. I was SHOCKED at how quick and thorough a response I got from Kevin and very impressed :D

Aparently postive comments get much more attention that negative responses. I wrote Kevin 1-year ago and he never replied! I cancelled my trip and sent another Email. Still no response. Since then I have sailed Carnival 2-times, Princess 1- time, Holland America 1-time and I will be sailing on the Oasis and the Allure in the next 60-days. I still have not recieved an apology yet. NCL in my mind admitted guilt by providing me a 100% refund, but still no apology. Every time I book a suite on the competitor, it provides me so much satisfaction. Are your reading this NCL PR?

So if they had apologized without giving you the refund you would still be sailing with them? I would have counted the refund as the best form of apology they could offer.

yes...and the possible entryway into a legal morass.

true, but an apology would be fine for me, just a "I'm sorry for how poorly you were treated" would be sufficient.

I'm not going to go into details just yet because I'd rather give NCL time to make it right before I go making a detailed post about what happened.

Archived