Current Captains Con't

Yes I do Beth, when did Capt Rob start his rotation on Rhapsody.

Beth will have the correct answer, but my gut tells me Hawaii.

Gina, what Captain Rob told my DW is that Captain Sindre is off, and his reliever is Captain Rick Sullivan. This is coming, second hand, as it comes from my DW, whom you know!:D

I look for more news!

Rick

I could add a footnote, but thnk this is better. Normally........and that word is overused............captains rotate to different ships on or around the two year mark.

One of the surprises, if it's true, is Captain Rick Sullivan, who I originally met on the Navigator of the Seas on a TA, and both my DW and I just love this man, went from the Navigator to the Monarch for two plus years, and then to the Rhapsody, for now about 3, and maybe coming up on 4 years

So much for the 2 year rotation.......but I see captains that are being rotated this spring, and some have been told to expect rotation, but are not moved.

Some of us like to cruise because of the captains, and now Royal Caribbean, and its upper management, once again puts the customers on hold..........while they scratch their a$$, figuring a better way to get into our pocketbooks.

At some point, when it's just not worth it........because of Miami I'll quit giving my money to Royal.........and give it to Celebrity........same company, but with a great boss!

Rick

Gina, what Captain Rob told my DW is that Captain Sindre is off, and his reliever is Captain Rick Sullivan. This is coming, second hand, as it comes from my DW, whom you know!:D

I look for more news!

Rick

Do you mean WHEN Capt. Sindre is off? Because he's not off now. He's there. He arrived on April 5. Because of the upcoming birth of his first baby he needs a certain rotation in order to be there for the special event. Capt. Claus had agreed to the longer rotations which means Sindre should be on board until almost mid July. Captain Rick as a reliever is believable.

Gina

I look for more news!

Rick

You guys are getting me all confused.:eek: I was away for a month on SR and I'm totally lost re changes in Captains. Is Rob supposed to be on RH (Karen) or RD (Rick)???:confused:

You guys are getting me all confused.:eek: I was away for a month on SR and I'm totally lost re changes in Captains. Is Rob supposed to be on RH (Karen) or RD (Rick)???:confused:

yeah, I was confused about that, too. Was Rick's wife discussing the other ship (RD) with the current captain on Rhapsody? At one point it sounded as if Rick thought Capt. Sindre had been on Rhapsody which was never the case.

Truthfully, I think it's still completely unknown who will be Sindre's reliever on Radiance. Well, someone may know. But no one around here it seems. :) I can't wait to find out.

Gina

Beth was the one who told me Capt Rob was on Rhapsody, she could have gotten her R's mixed up. I'll have to check with her.

Well, she didn't get her R's mixed up.:rolleyes:

Heard from Capt Rob. He said "Yes, they asked me to come to RH 6 weeks ago on short notice after I had only been home a few weeks on vacation. I am not sure how long they will need me here."

I guess I should stop watching the deals. Flying to Seattle is alot more money than driving to PCN only to find that there is a different Capt onboard!:eek:

Heard from Capt Rob. He said "Yes, they asked me to come to RH 6 weeks ago on short notice after I had only been home a few weeks on vacation. I am not sure how long they will need me here."

I guess I should stop watching the deals. Flying to Seattle is alot more money than driving to PCN only to find that there is a different Capt onboard!:eek:

so you think he may only be filling in? If he's been on for 6 weeks already, then he'll be ending his rotation in 4 weeks

Allan Brooks is the current CD on Allure, however Ken Rush reported that he'll be returning as CD for the June 10th sailing through at least the September 2nd sailing. So, it should be Ken Rush unless there is some delay in the changeover.

Here's the link to the current CD thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590430&page=19

I think Captain Johnny is on allure. How is Ken Rush as a CD?

Sounds like Captain Rob is only on Rhapsody for a short time. Will he be going back to Freedom or another ship or staying on Rhapsody?

Sounds like Captain Rob is only on Rhapsody for a short time. Will he be going back to Freedom or another ship or staying on Rhapsody?

After queiring Bobbie tonight, she told me that both the Hotel Director and Captain Rob told her........after she said that she would like to do an Alaskan cruise with me, and who would be his reliever be.........they both said, Captain Rick

This in on the RH...........Rhopsody, not to be confused with any other ship in the fleet.......no matter what it sounds like........it's a Vision Class ship, starting with the letter R, and the only pictures that I have from her.......are on the Rhapsody.

What is the confusion????:)

Gina.........where did I mention the RD? All of this is happening on the RH (Rhapsody)!

Rick

so you think he may only be filling in? If he's been on for 6 weeks already, then he'll be ending his rotation in 4 weeks

Wolf.............some day I'm going to retire, so that I can become like you!

You have all of the knowledge, and the cruising background to run this thread, something like a well oiled sewing machine...........not a stitched missed!

I have to say that I have had more fun when we have cruised together, and look forward to sailing with you again.:D

Rick

My hunch - and it's only a hunch - is that he'll be there longer than this rotation.

You made me realize there's another way to look at this - if he was on vacation for only a few weeks, and then on RH for 6 weeks already, he should be due back at FR very soon, if, in fact, it was intended for him to go back to FR at all.:confused::eek:

After queiring Bobbie tonight, she told me that both the Hotel Director and Captain Rob told her........after she said that she would like to do an Alaskan cruise with me, and who would be his reliever be.........they both said, Captain Rick

This in on the RH...........Rhopsody, not to be confused with any other ship in the fleet.......no matter what it sounds like........it's a Vision Class ship, starting with the letter R, and the only pictures that I have from her.......are on the Rhapsody.

Gina.........where did I mention the RD? All of this is happening on the RH (Rhapsody)!

Rick

Rick,

I'm the one who thought you were talking about RD :eek:, not Gina. I guess the confusion came from Capt Rob on RH talking to Bobbie about RD. Mentioning Capt Sindre leaving sure made it sound like they were on RD.

Then again, maybe it's just my post-SR jetlag.:confused:

Rick

Rick, you mentioned Capt. Sindre again. He is on RD and not on RH. That is why I was confused by your post. It seemed you wife was discussing with the captain of RH what is happening on RD when Capt. Sindre was mentioned by you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick

OK, so Capt Rick is staying on Rhapsody and perhaps Capt Stein Roger Borjheim is moving to Radiance to take the place of Capt Claus Andersen....

Rick, I think I'll have one of your Ketel One dirty martinis :eek:

The captains usually rotate 10 weeks on/10 weeks off, although they can make arrangements between each other as long as they are not on longer than 14 weeks or less than 8 weeks. **Note** the info is only as accurate as people post who their master was. It may be off by weeks, even months

Who is Vinko Mozara? Currently on Legend of the Seas

Who's coming to Radiance? Who's coming to Freedom today (May 20)?

Adventure OTS - Capt Ron Holmes (started rotation 5-20-12)

Adventure OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Gronhaug

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen(started rotation 3-25-12)

Allure OTS - Capt Tommy Nyseter

Brilliance OTS - Capt Manolis Kasselas (started rotation 5-12-12)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Henrik Sorensen

Enchantment OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigsten (started rotation 4-27-12)

Enchantment OTS - Capt Gus Andersson

Explorer OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy (started rotation 5-24-12?)

Explorer OTS - Capt Olav Nyseter

Freedom OTS - Capt ? ? ? ? (started rotation 5-20-12)

Freedom OTS - Capt Tor Olsen

Grandeur OTS - Capt Rune Johnsen (started rotation 4-15-12)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Espen Been

Independence OTS - Capt Arnolf Remo (started rotation 5-19-12?)

Independence OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic

Jewel OTS - Capt James MacDonald (started rotation 4-23-12)

Jewel OTS - Capt Stig Nilsen

Legend OTS - Capt Vinko Mozara (started rotation 3-17-12?)

Legend OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan

Liberty OTS - Capt Leif Bang (started rotation 5-18-12)

Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad

Majesty OTS - Capt Per Kjonso (started rotation 4-23-12)

Majesty OTS - Capt Arild Hansen

Mariner OTS - Capt Per Kristoffersen (started rotation 4-15-12)

Mariner OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen

Monarch OTS - Capt Trond Holm (started rotation 4-13-12)

Monarch OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo

Navigator OTS - Capt Claus A Andersen (started rotation 5-20-12)

Navigator OTS - Capt Erik Standahl

Oasis OTS - Capt Thore Thorolvsen (started rotation 4-21-12)

Oasis OTS - Capt Trym Selvag

Radiance OTS - Capt Sindre Borsheim (started rotation 4-5-12)

Radiance OTS - Capt ? ? ? ?

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead (started rotation 4-8-12)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan

Serenade OTS - Capt Karin Stahre-Janson (started rotation 4-21-12)

Serenade OTS - Capt Michel Claveau

Splendour OTS - Capt Iv Vidos (started rotation 5-12-12)

Splendour OTS - Capt Carl Graucob

Vision OTS - Capt Lis Lauritzen (started rotation 5-21-12?)

Vision OTS - Capt Felix Schrecko Ban

Voyager OTS - Capt Charles Teige (started rotation 5-5-12)

Voyager OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen

OK, so Capt Rick is staying on Rhapsody and perhaps Capt Stein Roger Borjheim is moving to Radiance to take the place of Capt Claus Andersen....

Rick, I think I'll have one of your Ketel One dirty martinis :eek:

Well, I have to say that would be very amusing - on Radiance would be Capt. Borjheim and Captain Borsheim. :)

Gina

The captains usually rotate 10 weeks on/10 weeks off, although they can make arrangements between each other as long as they are not on longer than 14 weeks or less than 8 weeks. **Note** the info is only as accurate as people post who their master was. It may be off by weeks, even months

Who is Vinko Mozara? Currently on Legend of the Seas

Who's coming to Radiance?

Adventure OTS - Capt Ron Holmes (started rotation 5-20-12)

Adventure OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Gronhaug

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen(started rotation 3-25-12)

Allure OTS - Capt Tommy Nyseter

Brilliance OTS - Capt Manolis Kasselas (started rotation 5-12-12)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Henrik Sorensen

Enchantment OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigsten (started rotation 4-27-12)

Enchantment OTS - Capt Gus Andersson

Explorer OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy (started rotation 5-24-12?)

Explorer OTS - Capt Olav Nyseter

Freedom OTS - Capt Tore Grimstad (started rotation 5-20-12)

Freedom OTS - Capt Tor Olsen

Grandeur OTS - Capt Rune Johnsen (started rotation 4-15-12)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Espen Been

Independence OTS - Capt Arnolf Remo (started rotation 5-19-12?)

Independence OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic

Jewel OTS - Capt James MacDonald (started rotation 4-23-12)

Jewel OTS - Capt Stig Nilsen

Legend OTS - Capt Vinko Mozara (started rotation 3-17-12?)

Legend OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan

Liberty OTS - Capt Leif Bang (started rotation 5-18-12)

Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad

Majesty OTS - Capt Per Kjonso (started rotation 4-23-12)

Majesty OTS - Capt Arild Hansen

Mariner OTS - Capt Per Kristoffersen (started rotation 4-15-12)

Mariner OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen

Monarch OTS - Capt Trond Holm (started rotation 4-13-12)

Monarch OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo

Navigator OTS - Capt Claus A Andersen (started rotation 5-20-12)

Navigator OTS - Capt Erik Standahl

Oasis OTS - Capt Thore Thorolvsen (started rotation 4-21-12)

Oasis OTS - Capt Trym Selvag

Radiance OTS - Capt Sindre Borsheim (started rotation 4-5-12)

Radiance OTS - Capt ? ? ? ?

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead (started rotation 4-8-12)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan

Serenade OTS - Capt Karin Stahre-Janson (started rotation 4-21-12)

Serenade OTS - Capt Michel Claveau

Splendour OTS - Capt Iv Vidos (started rotation 5-12-12)

Splendour OTS - Capt Carl Graucob

Vision OTS - Capt Lis Lauritzen (started rotation 5-21-12?)

Vision OTS - Capt Felix Schrecko Ban

Voyager OTS - Capt Charles Teige (started rotation 5-5-12)

Voyager OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen

Karen, just home from 3 weeks on Radiance and still no word on who will be rotating with Captain Sindre. It's like the best kept secret.:D

Captain Sindre will be on board until the first part of August as he will then take an extended vacation to be home for the birth of their first child........a boy.

Karen, just home from 3 weeks on Radiance and still no word on who will be rotating with Captain Sindre. It's like the best kept secret.:D

Captain Sindre will be on board until the first part of August as he will then take an extended vacation to be home for the birth of their first child........a boy.

Thanks Patti, I had to get one of my spies to ferret out who the new master on Freedom was (Tore Grimstad) and I suspect I'll have to do the same for Radiance.

Why doesn't your signature show your October Brilliance cruise?

That will make it at least 16 weeks on board for Capt. Sindre. :confused: I thought captains weren't to be on the ship for longer than 14 weeks. When he arrived on April 5 he said he would be going home by mid July (about 14 weeks) returning at the end of October since the baby is due the end of September. Does this now mean he will be home until sometime in November?

Gina