Lost my passport the day before we sail :(

jennygirlmt

I, too love happy endings; so glad you found it! I have been checking CC daily to see if you had checked in. DH and I both are happy for you and look forward to your review.

Isn't the spa on the Pearl just fabulous?! Glad you could enjoy it.

I, too have learned a lot on this cruise, and have already cut and pasted information into a document for our next cruise; and an unusual way to learn it.

I was cleaning out my backpack on Friday and found my passport! It was still in there from when I renewed my driver's license. I have since put it away.

But I was amazed that I could not renew my driver's license with only my old license and passport (in person, none the less). I had to also go home and get my social security card before they would finish the paperwork. So after all that trouble, and reading about the "gold star", I figured mine should have one, but it doesn't. I guess I don't know about this program, can anyone enlighten me?

Woo Hoo! I am so glad for you that you found it. I read your original message to my husband and I just read your last message to my husband. He and I both agree I would no longer be walking on the Earth if I had done that. My husband would have flipped. Any way, I am so glad you had such a great trip!

Jo Anne

Have a trusted friend enter your house to fax your certified birth certificate ASAP to you or to NCL.. With your photo ID, your DL, along with the faxed certified birth certificate NCL will allow you to board.. NCL may request your trusted friend overnight it with UPS/FedEx to them...

You may have to reveal to your trusted friend your hiding place for your hidden key... Otherwise your trusted friend may have to break a window of your choice to get in. The window pane is considerably cheaper than losing a paid for vacation...

NCL won't allow you to board without proof of citizenship...

Have a trusted friend enter your house to fax your certified birth certificate ASAP to you or to NCL.. With your photo ID, your DL, along with the faxed certified birth certificate NCL will allow you to board.. NCL may request your trusted friend overnight it with UPS/FedEx to them...

You may have to reveal to your trusted friend your hiding place for your hidden key... Otherwise your trusted friend may have to break a window of your choice to get in. The window pane is considerably cheaper than losing a paid for vacation...

she found her passport it was in her luggage...

This is great advice !!! Unfortunately, you're 8 days & 11 pages too late (LOL)

YEAYYYYY!!!!!

And I knew it was there the whole time - know why - because you are a mom and those kids make us lose our minds. ;)

I once lost over a thousand dollars in CASH on my way to a cruise. I "lost" it in the pre-cruise hotel. We ripped the room apart. I had it when the delivery driver came to the room with the pizza - then it was gone.

We were almost late getting to the airport because we were trying to find the money. We barely made the flight. We made it -- flew to Miami. Stayed in ANOTHER hotel for another night. We got onboard the ship in Miami. I was hanging our coats up and guess what I found -- the bank envelope in the BABY's coat. In the rush to get the door in the first hotel (for the pizza delivery guy), I shoved the money in the BABY's Coat - not mine. :rolleyes:

The kicker -- the baby had been carrying all that money for 3 days. :o

:DGreat story! I'm a kindred spirit.

Once when my 21 yr old son was about 4 mths old hubby and I decided to take him and escape for a weekend to Frankenmuth, MI. Somewhere along the way on I75, near Flint I think, we pulled off to wander some shops because it was only 9:30 in the morning and we wouldn't be able to check in yet anyway. So we hauled the baby in his little car seat into a Burlington Coat Factory if I remember correctly. I put the purse (holding $800 cash) down in the bottom of the cart under the spot where kids sit and put the baby in the car seat down in the main part of the cart as well. Had the diaper bag up in the top. Wandered around a bit, didn't buy anything, husband grabbed the baby, I grabbed the diaper bag, shoved the cart back into the row of carts and off we headed down I75. Half an hour down the road we stopped at a restaurant for lunch and I realized I left my purse behind. OMG sheer and utter panic. Didn't own a cell phone in those days, tried a phone booth but couldn't find the store to call because we weren't really sure which town we stopped in and it was taking too long to try to find it.

My husband was absolutely stone silent while I, post-partum as I was, blubbered like a fool the whole way back down the road sure that purse and the cash would be long gone. We flew back down the road to the store, I went running in and asked if anyone had turned in a purse. They said no, but no one else had even been in the store. I went running over to the cart and sure enough, it was still there right where I left it.:eek:

Babies make your brain mush.:D

OP, I couldn't be happier that you found your passport and your trip was amazing. Knowing the number of times I've done things like this I was in the camp that was sure you'd tucked it somewhere! So glad it all worked out.

Oh my goodness - love when you hear a happy ending to a story like that. I also have to say this could easily be something I would do and I don't have the kids excuse to go with it. I'll be on this same cruise in 54 days and you can bet your bottom dollar I will have that passport on a string around my neck until I get on that ship. ;)

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!! I have been reading since day one. To the OP. No way would you want to leave anything in Flint anymore. Nothing is safe here now. To anyone going north on I 75 if you have to stop. Do it in Fenton, Grand Blanc or go out of the way to Davison. Yes I live in the murder capital of the States!!

So does this mean that you can get the passcard now but it will expire at the same time as your passport?

Not exactly. If you already have the book, and then apply for the card, the card will expire in 10 years. However, when it comes time to renew your book, they also require you to send in the card, no matter how long it has left until it expires. You then get your renewed book, and if you request and pay for it, another card, both of which expire 10 years later. I found this out the hard way when we renewed our books last year even though our cards had 8 years of life left. :(

We flew to Seattle yesterday and I just realized that I left my passport on the plane. I know, why didn't I use my license? Why did I think I needed ID to board the plane? I was juggling my rolling suitcase, a backpack and a baby, couldn't get it in my bag and figured I would put it in when I sat down. I apparently did not........

First, glad you made it. But, I am still trying to figure out how you thought you left it on the plane, when based on your response, you did not use it for ID at the airport since it was in the suitcase. (which is related to my thoughts about why somebody would carry it all the way through the airport and not put it away).

It appears somewhere, in the all emotion, something was forgotten.

Again, glad you worked it out.

And, for those of you that think eyewitness reports given to the police are always accurate, this is a good example on how we tend to rearrange the facts of life.

I just plowed thru this thread and was happy to see the passport was found.

After we got off the Spirit in NOLA and settled in at the hotel my DH informed me he had left his hearing aids on the ship.

Quick trip back to the port, long wait while they searched our room and found the hearing aids.

During the wait, another family was going thru all their luggage since the parents passports were missing. After a couple of hours and many phone calls they "located" them in the trash in the hotel room they had spent the night in! Apparently they were on the desk, brochures got piled on top of them and they all got thrown out. :eek: Amazingly some maid found them and after a taxi ride to the hotel, the were on board. I was so happy for them, plus it made my wait more interesting too. I live in fear that I will lose something necessary when boarding a ship too.

Atleast you have a child to blame! Haha!

On our honeymoon flight this past October, I realized after getting off the plane in our layover in San Juan, Puerto Rico (on our way to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, but we had a full 24 hours in Puerto Rico) that I couldn't find our passports. I had them on the plane....how could they have dissapeared??

Luckily I realized it about 5 mins after we got off the plane, so I went running back freaking out and they let me back on the plane. Sure enough there were both of our passports under the seat. For the remainder of the trip I had DH hold on to them, but asked him over and over and over again if he had them.

Very happy you found your passport and enjoyed your trip! :)

Posts 221 and 222 scared the heck out of me. I already start having bad dreams about 2 weeks before our cruise....that I can't find the passports. Or they're locked in the safety deposit box at the bank. Funny thing is, I now hide them in my house so they're "safe at home" and then forget where I hid them. I keep notes on my computer, in CODE, because of course someone will hack into my computer and find out where I hid my passports (or anything else I feel like hiding):rolleyes:...and then I can't understand my codes.

I keep serious tabs on them while we're away and now I will even more so! Thanks for all the stories and reminders.

~Cindy

I hear you Cindy. This is just one more thing to worry about. We sail fro Barcelona in 7 weeks and after reading this thread I think I may just have to wear my passport around my neck from the moment I step out of my front door until I board the ship... then hope I remember to grab it from the cabin safe before disembarking. It would sure be nice if we were allowed to have two valid passports.

Archived