Queen Elizabeth

Cosmic Rays

Has anybody occupied a D2 stateroom on Queen Elizabeth and did they find it more spacious with a good layout in comparison to a standard inside/outside stateroom?

The cabins on QE and QV are modular and therefore are all the same size apart from the suites, the difference is only on the balconies that are by the "bulge".

Thanks Jim.

On all the deck plans they appear to 1.5 x wider than the standard inside/outside and indeed balcony staterooms (except balcony) of course. They also show as being 152-243 sq.ft., and also appear to have a sofa that the standard insides don't have, only a chair.

If there is no difference as you suggest because they are all modular which I know they are, what differentiates them and makes them 'Deluxe' other than the price even though these are on Deck 1!!! Still only half a bottle of Pol...............I know you enjoy that as you unpack LOL

Thanks Jim.

On all the deck plans they appear to 1.5 x wider than the standard inside/outside and indeed balcony staterooms (except balcony) of course. They also show as being 152-243 sq.ft., and also appear to have a sofa that the standard insides don't have, only a chair.

If there is no difference as you suggest because they are all modular which I know they are, what differentiates them and makes them 'Deluxe' other than the price even though these are on Deck 1!!! Still only half a bottle of Pol...............I know you enjoy that as you unpack LOL

Maybe they are disabled cabins? Looking at the deckplan they do look palatial. I have only been in a Q1 on QE and a Balcony on QV so far but had I known I would certainly have looked at these, they seem too good to be true.:eek:

Has anybody occupied a D2 stateroom on Queen Elizabeth and did they find it more spacious with a good layout in comparison to a standard inside/outside stateroom?

Cosmic Rays,

I have not occupied an inside stateroom on Queen Elizabeth and as you have found, it is difficult to find details about the differences between the category D1-D2 (Deluxe Inside) and category D3-D8 (Standard Inside) staterooms. The Cunard web site (as well as many other sites) describes all the inside staterooms identically with a size of 152-243 sq. ft.

I did find one travel web site that distinguishes between the two categories. It describes the D1-D2 (Deluxe Inside) category as 207-217 sq. ft. It describes the D3-D8 (Standard Inside) category as 152 sq. ft.

Therefore, I think we can conclude that the D1-D2 (Deluxe) staterooms are indeed larger than the D3-D8 (Standard) staterooms. Unfortunately, I could not find anything further as to how these two categories are laid out any differently. Hopefully someone with first-hand knowledge about these inside staterooms can shed some more light on this subject for you.

Regards,

John.

I have had a D1 on QV on 8 deck which will be much the same as the D2 on QE. I have also had a D6 on QV on 6 deck.

The D1 is slightly bigger and has the extra sitting area like the balcony cabins, which the D3 to D8 cabins don't have. On the whole I liked the D6 better it was much quieter.

The D2's are on 1 deck so it could be noisy and you have public rooms above.

Not sure what a D2 is, but on a recent cruise on QE, we had room 1074 which is termed as a "Superior Inside". The cabin is 1.5 times wider than a conventional cabin but not as long, which makes it almost square. As you enter, the bathroom is imediately on your right/left depending on handing of the cabin and the wardrobes are in the opposite corner. The cabin came with a settee, armchair and dressing table seat. Compared to a more convetionla layaout of the same square footage, there seemed to be much more usable space in this cabin. I would not hesitate in booking one of these cabins again.

Many thanks for this - an excellent photograph - and shows that indeed these 'Deluxe' staterooms appear to be considerably bigger than the standard inside rooms particularly at the end of the bed where the sofa bed is.

The stateroom allocated to us is 1037 and appears to be under the Golden Lion - I don't know what time it closes - but I gather Deck 1 is very quiet anyway!! It will be interesting to see where in the room the upper berth is situated as ours has that according to the deck plan........

The upper berth is a flat panel in the ceiling and is lowered by the steward if you are going to use it, if there are only 2 or 1 of you, it won't even be noticeable.

I had this cabin on the QE in May. I found it very spacious a lot larger than any balcony cabin I have been in on QM2. I really liked the space of this room and would book it again in the future even though it is an inside it was a great cabin. I believe the cabin that I was in was meant for a four person occupancy with a pull down bed from the ceiling and a couch. As it was only myself and daughter we did not need the extra bed so this may have added to the spaciousness. It was indeed larger than the standard inside on the ship.

The upper berth is a flat panel in the ceiling and is lowered by the steward if you are going to use it, if there are only 2 or 1 of you, it won't even be noticeable.

Thanks Jim,

This is getting better. On Princess the upper berths stick out somewhat and I bang my shoulders/head as I try to get to the sides of the bed! If they are flush to the ceiling that is even better - no head banging!

I had this cabin on the QE in May. I found it very spacious a lot larger than any balcony cabin I have been in on QM2. I really liked the space of this room and would book it again in the future even though it is an inside it was a great cabin. I believe the cabin that I was in was meant for a four person occupancy with a pull down bed from the ceiling and a couch. As it was only myself and daughter we did not need the extra bed so this may have added to the spaciousness. It was indeed larger than the standard inside on the ship.

Thanks Alba50 - this sounds to be very good and the excitement is now mounting for October! Did you find it noisy from the Golden Lion above late at night? What time did it close?

Thanks Alba50 - this sounds to be very good and the excitement is now mounting for October! Did you find it noisy from the Golden Lion above late at night? What time did it close?

Cosmic Rays the location was very good it is deck one but we had no noise at all. As you enter the grand lobby the rooms are off to the side so instead of a full long corridor it is a shorter corridor(if that makes sense). We had no noise from any of the pubs or the theatre. Because it is off to the side a little there was less traffic i.e less people even walking by the cabin. You will love this cabin and the ship I hope you have a great trip.

Thanks Laktex for the great picture of 1074. We have that cabin reserved for our cruise around the Britsh Isles in early September.

It certainly looks like a better than normal configuration, though we almost always cruise in inside cabins and have never had a problem with the cabin sizes or accomodations.

I notice there is a lovely women on the couch. Does she come with the room or might she be a member of your entourage?

I notice there is a lovely women on the couch. Does she come with the room or might she be a member of your entourage?

No, not my entourage - just managed to find a photo. I am surprised Cunard do not give a bit more information about their cabins - in the brochures and website there are very few pages given over to their "staterooms".

Thanks Laktex for the great picture of 1074. We have that cabin reserved for our cruise around the Britsh Isles in early September.

One comes as an OBC with every booking of this grade!!!! LOL

With the way standards are slipping I find it pays to bring my own.

A Silver-tongued Gari.

(Should be worth a couple of brownie points)

G.

:D:):D:)I'll be sure to tell my wife.

If you go to the top of this page and click on "Photo Gallery", then search for "Victoria cabin" you'll find a few others. They say the camera never lies but the cabin wasn't quite as beige as it appears in these pics.

We've been in 1074 twice now and had it booked a third time but got upgraded to the considerably smaller 4010. We've booked a D2 again for our next cruise.

Regards, Colin.

With the way standards are slipping I find it pays to bring my own.

A Silver-tongued Gari.

(Should be worth a couple of brownie points)

G.

Not from my wife it isn't!

She thinks you are accusing her of allowing her standars to slip. (I, of course, couln't possibly comment.:D)

BTW. I just uploaded several more Queen Victoria photos to the photo gallery

Regards, Colin.

One of my dinner companions had one of these big inside rooms for her QE world cruise and it was indeed nice and roomy.

One of these rooms is also in the CC cabin cavalcade posted by Safarigal

08:12 on the video shows the cabin and its size.

I hope this helps a bit

Archived