Total rookie boring question re: funpass & luggage tags

deena26

Sorryyyyy, It's been 5 years since my last cruise and I used a credit card for my funpass. It's nearing the time where I need to start thinking about completing these things for my upcoming cruise.

1st question: I have plenty of money on my OBC, my tips are prepaid, and I am going to bring an emergency credit card too. When I go online to fill this all out do I absolutely HAVE to give my CC info?? I honestly dont think I'll need it, and was thinking I would skip it, is that allowed??

2nd question:

So these luggage tags everyone sais they print, I dunno but I cant picture a flimsy piece of copy paper making a good luggage tag, am I missing something? Do you attach a piece of dental floss to it and hook to your bags? (joke) I dont get it.:confused:

I remember getting real carnival luggage tags, is that not the case anymore?

Again, I apologize for the boringness of this boring subject....

You only give the last 4 digits online. They dont have your whole credit card number until you check in in person and give it to them. Then they run it.

I would do it, as otherwise you have to fool with cash, and it is just better to back it up with a credit card .. even if they wind up owing you money back from OBC.

Sorryyyyy, It's been 5 years since my last cruise and I used a credit card for my funpass. It's nearing the time where I need to start thinking about completing these things for my upcoming cruise.

1st question: I have plenty of money on my OBC, my tips are prepaid, and I am going to bring an emergency credit card too. When I go online to fill this all out do I absolutely HAVE to give my CC info?? I honestly dont think I'll need it, and was thinking I would skip it, is that allowed??

2nd question:

So these luggage tags everyone sais they print, I dunno but I cant picture a flimsy piece of copy paper making a good luggage tag, am I missing something? Do you attach a piece of dental floss to it and hook to your bags? (joke) I dont get it.:confused:

I remember getting real carnival luggage tags, is that not the case anymore?

Again, I apologize for the boringness of this boring subject....

.....I print them on photographic paper. Heavy stock and I put clear packing tape around it. I have trouble getting them off sometimes.

wasiii

As Firefly says you only give the last four digits online. At checkin in your card gets swiped. If you feel wierd about this just check the cash button. Give them the card at checkin. You will have to fill out a form takes about 60 seconds to complete.

Luggage tags- Print them out and fold them up. Attach them when you get to port if flying.

Some people just fold and staple, others will laminate them (laminate, tape or clear contact paper) and use zip ties.

We used to zip tie. Last cruise we stapled them to the handles.

Test the strength of the folded paper. It is surprisingly strong.

Take a piece of regular copy paper and fold it in thirds and attach to your suitcase. Takes a lot to rip it off. We attach tags to both handles, JIC.

I don't know about other cruise lines, but Carnival doesn't mail luggage tags any more. Many people have gotten very creative with the luggage tag issue but I went ahead and got the plastic luggage tag holders that are sold online. This site won't allow the website address, so just Google "cruise luggage tag" and the website will come up.

I made my final payment last week so I was able to print my luggage tags; following the folding instructions, they fit perfectly into the luggage tag holders.

When you print them out, the print is on the center third of the page. The instructions will tell you to fold each side under the printed third. It is quite sturdy. We usually laminate them or cover with tape to make it sturdier. If we laminate them, we will hole punch at the top and use a tie up and it looks like a regular luggage tag. If we tape over it, we will fasten the ends with tape ( or some people will staple the ends ).

If you fly to the port like we do, I would suggest you wait til after your flight to attach the cruise tags to your luggage.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks so much, I honestly was putting off these two little chores due to my confusion...Bummer on the luggage tags, I'll go buy some packing tape & zip ties so I guess I'll be set!!

We put them on our suitcases and then do clear packing tape over them. Never had one come off by accident and they are difficult to rip off even if you are trying.

Done this on all 9 of my cruises and have NEVER had one even rip a tiny bit.

I have to cut them off with a knife afterwards.

Way better than the old tags with the little rubber bands IMHO.

Bill

Princess said to put them on before flying. Even though I was getting my own luggage at Venice Aitport for the Ruby, I did this. If my baggage had been delayed by the airline, it would still have a tag in it saying it was for the Ruby and might actually catch up to me at a future port.

Good idea about putting one inside luggage.

• 1 month later...

Archived