Crown vs Grand

mattyboy

We are down to either Crown or Grand for Jan 2012 Caribbean cruise - any thoughts would be appreciated.

Have been on both recently and they are both great ships with brilliant Staff and Crew, would go back on either in a heartbeat so really I would just choose the itineary that suits you best and enjoy:)

The Crown holds 20% more passengers than the Grand, but has the same amount of public space. A no-brainer for me.

This. I will choose the Grand over the others with the same itinerary because of the passenger count, but either one will be fine. I do agree that to me the biggest difference besides passenger count, is the covered pool area on the Grand, but that probably doesn't matter in the Southern Caribbean.

Mike

I personally liked the crown better.

I like the adult pool area better (sun not being blocked by Skywalkers), like the MUTS better as well as some other areas of the ship including the location/layout of the specialty restaurants.

That being said, both are nice. Go with the cruise that provides the itinerary you prefer or the price you like best.

I personally liked the crown better.

I like the adult pool area better (sun not being blocked by Skywalkers), like the MUTS better as well as some other areas of the ship including the location/layout of the specialty restaurants.

That being said, both are nice. Go with the cruise that provides the itinerary you prefer or the price you like best.

Skywalkers not a problem anymore on the Grand. :p

Mike

The Crown holds 20% more passengers than the Grand, but has the same amount of public space. A no-brainer for me.

I think you have your percentages a little wrong, the Crown on a FULL sailing only holds 479 more passengers than the Grand, and thats no where near 20% .

* OP - Preferences are always so subjective, having said that, we've sailed on both within the last 12 months including the Grand after her drydock and my preference is still the Crown .

Good luck with your choice, I'm sure you'll have a great cruise on either.

Srpilo

Crown has the Adagio Lounge which the Grand does not.

Grand does not have a passenger stairway mid-ship above deck 7 which the Crown does have.

Crown International Cafe sells gelato while the Grand IC does not.

Both are great ships and will give you a great vacation.

I think you have your percentages a little wrong, the Crown on a FULL sailing only holds 479 more passengers than the Grand, and thats no where near 20% .

Srpilo

Using numbers from the Princess brochure, with a capacity of 2590 for the Golden which is 479 less than the Crown, that's an 18.5% increase which is near 20% for the difference in passenger capacity, right? :rolleyes:

Using numbers from the Princess brochure, with a capacity of 2590 for the Golden which is 479 less than the Crown, that's an 18.5% increase which is near 20% for the difference in passenger capacity, right? :rolleyes:

Sorry wrong.. As I said when the Crown is full the difference is 479 and that would logicly compare to a full Grand also, and that number for the Grand is 3107 passengers not 2590

Last post here

Srpilo

Archived