Panama Canal Price Increase

Potstech

Just checked all my saved cruises for this destination. All 3 have increased at least $150.00. Guess there will be NO cruise to the Panama during Feb, Mar or April next year. Hope this isn't a trend for next year. Will have to keep track of this or see what goes on with some other cruise for that time frame.

I booked our Panama Canal cruise last August. We sailed over the Christmas holidays. I was pleasantly surprised when the price came down the week I booked it. It was about a month before the final payment date.

Just checked all my saved cruises for this destination. All 3 have increased at least $150.00. Guess there will be NO cruise to the Panama during Feb, Mar or April next year. Hope this isn't a trend for next year. Will have to keep track of this or see what goes on with some other cruise for that time frame.

From your posting, are we correct in assuming that you are not planning on going through the canal three separate times, in Feb., Mar., and April of next year?

From your posting, are we correct in assuming that you are not planning on going through the canal three separate times, in Feb., Mar., and April of next year?

Kinda thought I would only do one of the three if I was paying for it, whichever was cheapest. Now if you would like to donate to the cause we would gladly go on all three of them if it would make you happy.

Kinda thought I would only do one of the three if I was paying for it, whichever was cheapest. Now if you would like to donate to the cause we would gladly go on all three of them if it would make you happy.

What makes us happy is being able to book a cruise without having to go on a waiting list because of those who have booked cruises they have no intention of ever taking. As the ships involved may be fully booked with these kinds reservations, perhaps that encourages Princess to raise the prices?

What makes us happy is being able to book a cruise without having to go on a waiting list because of those who have booked cruises they have no intention of ever taking. As the ships involved may be fully booked with these kinds reservations, perhaps that encourages Princess to raise the prices?

I am glad that makes you happy. None are booked just saved in order to keep track of the prices. So that should make you even happier.

What makes us happy is being able to book a cruise at a price we think is reasonable and we can afford. That is the purpose of a SAVED cruise so that we can track the base price on the cruises we might be interested in. This way we can look at the 3 cruises at the same time and compare what is going on with them.

Please continue to be happy with your cruises and choices as we will. Maybe sometime we will be on one together and we can raise a glass or two.

... That is the purpose of a SAVED cruise so that we can track the base price on the cruises we might be interested in. This way we can look at the 3 cruises at the same time and compare what is going on with them.

Please explain your meaning of SAVED. If your name has been applied to a cabin on a certain ship for a certain sailing, then that cabin has been removed from sale until final payment is demanded.

... That is the purpose of a SAVED cruise so that we can track the base price on the cruises we might be interested in. This way we can look at the 3 cruises at the same time and compare what is going on with them.

Please explain your meaning of SAVED. If your name has been applied to a cabin on a certain ship for a certain sailing, then that cabin has been removed from sale until final payment is demanded.

I believe these cruises are flagged on Princess.com to simplify checking on them in the future. They are not booked.

Both of our Panama Canal cruises have gone down significantly in price after we booked them. Oddly enough, both have also been Christmas cruises, which almost never go down in price either. Guess we have just been lucky.

I agree, the port charges and taxes are the killer on a PC cruise.

ONT-CA.. a cruise that is "saved" is not in fact booked.. in your princess.com page, when searching cruises you can "save" them. It is essentially a bookmark so you can access them easier next time you are looking, especially to monitor the prices.. there are no reservations made on a saved cruise

ONT-CA.. a cruise that is "saved" is not in fact booked.. in your princess.com page, when searching cruises you can "save" them. It is essentially a bookmark so you can access them easier next time you are looking, especially to monitor the prices.. there are no reservations made on a saved cruise

Thank you for the definition "saved". I am pleased to know that they do not represent a phantom booking.

No name to any cabin. On the princess web site when you look up a cruise using the "Search for Cruises" you find a cruise you are interested in. You can then "SAVE" not reserve or purchase that cruise to your personalizer. This makes it easier to keep track of the prices on those cruises.

I now see where we are having a miscommunications problem. I have not paid anything or done anything to secure these cruises jsut placed them on my personlizer to track them before any money is placed on them. This way i can track their trend over a long period of time.

Hope this helps you understand what I mean when I say "SAVED A CRUISE"

Did a tour of the locks in Colon Panama last November and they said the rates for going through the canal were going to go up quite a bit, the cargo ship that was going through when we were there was charged over $250,000 to go through the canal. I am sure that is why a lot of the lines are staying away.

Archived