LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Good morning everyone, Yippeee for all who have received their luggage Tags already.

Peter I think I like the 42 days better, looks closer.:D

Debbie, you can't find a better group of L.O.S.T people to sail with in my opinion and any help you need getting around CC, we are here to assist. :). I made up your Name Tags yesterday so you and Williejan may pick them up during sail away or I will also have them in our Conferance Room where we will meet for our planned activities. My parents took a trip to Holland one year and met the mother of our Foreign Exchange Studant and had a personal tour of Amersterdam. I hope we will have the opportunity to visit Holland.

Gay

Went to Sprint today to get our upgrade phones, and while their the salesman put the battery and sim card in our Mobile Phone, so we are set there, only need to do is charge it up.

Oh Mike goody, can I peek over our seat and watch the movies with you & Julie.:D

Gay

Ha, better bring your telescope, the screen is pretty small:D.

Mike, John is bringing his binoculars.:D. A problem for us, we are sitting in front of you, so would be pretty hard to see the screen anyway.:(. One thing I have liked to do, is listen to the Pilot chatter with the towers thru the radio earplugs you get. Did that once. Can't recall the channel but will search for it.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Corinne....How are the preparations for the new production going?? When is the performances? Hope you are doing well.....

Karen, rehearsals are going well thank you. I am not word perfect yet but neither is anyone else and as my part is the largest I don't feel too bad. We are now going away for a week. Only 90 minutes or so from home but a much needed break as I have been getting pretty stressed recently with all I have been doing and not feeling completely healthy.

Opening night is just under 3 weeks away on 6th October. You can see the poster at

http://www.windleshamdramagroup.com/WhatsNext.htm

I am playing Lady Edna Chesterford. Great fun but hard work.

So, plenty of time to get word perfect while I am away.

Corinne

Hi to Debbie & Williejan, we are Tam and Mhairi from Perth, Scotland - 1st time on Liberty but have done 3 t/a previously.

Been a busy week at work so have just skimmed over the posts - everyones been really chatty over the last few days.

Have been loading books and films onto my kindle and Tams Elonex ebook, think I've got enough to last us for the next year:) Can't decide which one I like the best -

My Kindle's great for accessing the internet when we're in port (Free) and for reading in sunlight.

The Elonex has a LED backlight, so can read in bed in the dark, can play music, videos and films. Becoming quite good at changing the format of the books to allow me to read on either machine. Best invention over the last few years. Saves me packing loads of books.

Not able to order my luggage tags yet:(

Ordered some bit and pieces to dress up for halloween, so I think we're organised.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Mhairi

Edited by kitten2729

Happy weekend, hard to believe only 42 days to go. Woohoo!!!

Talk to my TA regarding luggage tags & e-docs, she said RCL will probably have them ready foe us next week some time. The reason is one of us used choice air, so it takes a little longer.

Welcome Debbie & Williejan, I am Barb, my DH Bob didn't want to go on this cruise (doesn't like long flights), I am traveling with two friends Margaret & Maryann. We all live in Vegas, and we are originally from Chicago, but didn't know each other there.

Sandy, have fun with the Chicago group on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

6 weeks and we'll be at Heathrow. Hurrah!

Most of you will already be in Barca. After booking in May last year this it has been a long time in the planning.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

Good morning all, Larry & I have had two minor quakes here, yesterday down in Baja and this morning up near Redlands, and only a few miles from Larry & Cherie. To small for us to really feel here. Both registered a 4.1 and 4.0

Hello VirginiaJane, have you joined our wonderful group. This is our first TA as well and looking forward to it. If you would like me to add you to our Roll Call, please email me with your information ( # in party, room or deck # ) at GLea472968 at aol dot com. Look forward to meeting you.

Gay

Good morning Gay I tried to send you an email but it wouldn,t go through so I,m waiing for my husband to tell me what I did wrong, but in the meawhile can you tell me whay a Roll call is, I really have no idea.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great weekend.

Debbie ( VirginiaJane)

Hi Debbie - have you seen the site that's been set up for this cruise, it's got lots of good information and tips: http //super-grandma com/

Have you registered for the 'meet and mingle' Roll Call? You'll find this on the Roll Call section of the cruisecritic forum. Just click on Royal Caribean "meet & mingle" Roll Call>Register to attend a "meet & mingle"> then fill in the details and that's you registered.

You will then receive an invitation onboard giving you the time and place for the get together.

Mhairi

Edited by kitten2729

Virginiajane, Im thinking that since you are new to cruisecritic and you had problems using Gay's email address that you might not realize that when folks put emails on the forums they spell out everything. In Gay's address at would be at is the @ symbol and dot is just plain .

Folks do that so that robots on the boards cant find emails and inundate the person with unwanted email. Believe me you arent the first person who got confused with that strange looking email.

Roll Calls are first lists of everyone on the boards that chose to share cabin number, home town etc. Folks dont mind sharing the information since it only is sent to other members not put on the whole internet. They also have info on any other activity the group has planned like a luncheon, slot pull, sail away party that you might chose to be part of.

The roll call information from this sailing is representative of wht the main board in Cruise Critic has compiled. As someone said the main roll call got so big and so frantic that some of us accepted an invitation and came to this smaller forum where over the last year or so have made some fast friends.

Weather here has turned cold well more fall like. We have a football game to attend tomorrow and part of today will be find a sweatshirt that somehow didnt get stored over the summer in the place I thought it did.

Donna

Corinne.....Take good care of yourself and get some rest!! You will be the star of the show!

PETER....We were watching the news this morning and it showed the crash at the air show in Nevada. Absolutely horrible and my heart goes out to all affected.

Yesterday we got some Euros AND our Luggage Tags arrived! It is feeling VERY real and very close to vacation time now! I am getting super excited!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Vegascruiser, thanks for the info on luggage tags and edocs for those of us using Choice Air. That explains why we seem to be in the last possible group. I had some concern because a friend in our group using the same TA and group reservation has the same letter for the start of her last name and the same class of cabin got access to hers a few days ago. Had me scratching my head.

Donna

Donna, Debbie emailed me this morning so I filled her in on the Roll call and gave her information on the Roll Call and what we do as well as walked her thru signing up for the M&M. I am sure this could be overwhelming for her being this is their first time on CC. Will guide her thru it.:)

Gay

Vegascruiser, thanks for the info on luggage tags and edocs for those of us using Choice Air. That explains why we seem to be in the last possible group. I had some concern because a friend in our group using the same TA and group reservation has the same letter for the start of her last name and the same class of cabin got access to hers a few days ago. Had me scratching my head.

Donna

Donna, Have you actually checked your registration online to see if your tags are available? Sometimes they show up there before the agents get notifications or get them out to you. I've never known Choice air to make a difference. About half of my clients on this cruise have Choice but theirs were available at the same time as the others. It really won't matter as they are usually very speedy with getting the tags to you.

Marilyn, Ive looked in Before you Cruise....cruise documentation and in On Line Check in. No blue button to press. There is plenty of time I know. On another get ready for cruise point, I picked up the slacks that I want to wear on the plane from the tailor today. Another thing checked off!!

Has any gone with the Verizon, borrow a European phone program? I just read about it on Rick Steves site. Ir sounds like a good deal if you want to keep in touch with the US. You have to be a Verizon customer to do it.

Happy weekend, hard to believe only 42 days to go. Woohoo!!!

Talk to my TA regarding luggage tags & e-docs, she said RCL will probably have them ready foe us next week some time. The reason is one of us used choice air, so it takes a little longer.

Welcome Debbie & Williejan, I am Barb, my DH Bob didn't want to go on this cruise (doesn't like long flights), I am traveling with two friends Margaret & Maryann. We all live in Vegas, and we are originally from Chicago, but didn't know each other there.

Sandy, have fun with the Chicago group on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

BARB half my group got their e-docs and the rest of us have choice air and they did tell us it takes a little longer....I am not stressing like some folks I see on CC it is no big deal as long as you have your SET SAIL PASS...and luggage tags come real quick once ordered... I am surprised though that the entertainment schedules are not available yet.

SANDY have fun tomorrow.

CORINNE good luck with your show...you will do just fine I am sure.

Our weather cooled down to the 90's [perfect] but supposed to be back in the 100's again next week.....:eek:

I have a Verizon Global phone and have used it in Europe many times all I have to do is dial 1 and the number and I get right through no problem

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend....

Edited by sebritish