Obstructed view cat 7a balcony/miracle

TOYCRAZY

When I originally booked this cruise I had no idea what I was doing. Should have done researching before booking not after, silly me. My question is about the obstruced view from my balcony. I have found it quite hard to find one picture of this cabin and the view from it. I was advised by the agent that helped me book we would be able to see out to the ocean just not look down to the water. Is this the case? I was so set on a balcony, at the time it didn't matter if it was obstructed or not and now I have some regrets.

Here are some pics from 5176 on the Spirit (sister ship). As long as you didn't book a cabin behind one of the 1st 3 tenders (which sit higher than the lifeboats), the view is not obstructed except for the tender arms & some rope. The top of the lifeboats sit level with the balcony floor. We love the 7A's.

Do a search for 7a under Carnival Cruise Lines. There are a lot of threads with pictures.

Cabin5177lookingstraight.jpg

Cabin5177lookingright.jpg

GEDC0501.jpg

Hey,

I like these cabins. You get the balcony room for about $300 less (That's a couple of excursions:D). I just booked another cruise in one of these rooms. Only thing I figured out, that the first 3 lifeboats are bigger, making the view a bit more obstructed....well, at least that's the case on the Miracle. Not sure about any other ships.

Thanks for the pics, I have been searching through many websites etc and the pics I have gotten from my new friends here on cruise critic have been the most helpful.

What did you think of that cabin? Were you pleased with it? I'm sure I will be totally happy with the entire cruise, cabin, balocony and all. I am so looking forward to this trip you have no idea.

Thanks again

HI Gunther619,

I definitely agree that the savings is great and I did use some of the saved cash for transportation to and from the pier, in addition to one excursion so far.

One question I have for you is when you say the first 3 life boats are larger are they the 3 that are apart from the others in the aft section.

I suppose I shouldn't concern myself since it seems as though from what I can see from the pics I have received I will still have a balcony and a decent view out to the Atlantic.

Thx,

TOYCRAZY

The forwards three lifeboats are taller and offer up more of an obstruction. We were very happy with our cabin. The price more than made up for the obstruction. As you can see, 5230, is between the lifeboats. We would definitely book this same cabin or cabin type again.

Toy- for you --its your first cruise. You are gonna be so crazy out and about. You have nothing to compare it to so it will be the best you ever had.

\

the first three balconies --the life boats have a white hood over them so they sit higher on the rail then the rest of the lifeboats.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344244354070127580ESVjKj

also notice how narrow the balcony is.

Since we have cruised quite a few times now we spend considerable amount of time on our balcony and it just will not due for us.

Now I gotta book a balcony that look like this:

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

which is 350 more then the 7A

Thanks for the pics, I have been searching through many websites etc and the pics I have gotten from my new friends here on cruise critic have been the most helpful.

What did you think of that cabin? Were you pleased with it? I'm sure I will be totally happy with the entire cruise, cabin, balocony and all. I am so looking forward to this trip you have no idea.

Thanks again

We liked our Spirit 7A cabin so much last cruise that we booked the same cabin for our next Spirit cruise.

Toy- for you --its your first cruise. You are gonna be so crazy out and about. You have nothing to compare it to so it will be the best you ever had.

\

the first three balconies --the life boats have a white hood over them so they sit higher on the rail then the rest of the lifeboats.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344244354070127580ESVjKj

also notice how narrow the balcony is.

Since we have cruised quite a few times now we spend considerable amount of time on our balcony and it just will not due for us.

Now I gotta book a balcony that look like this:

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

which is 350 more then the 7A

The 7A balcony is the same size as a regular balcony.

Serene 56 - The second picture you are showing is one of the long balconies on deck 6 with an extended balcony. There are only 3 7A cabins (5236,5238 & 5245) that have a long balcony.

OP - Here is a cabin behind one of the 1st 3 cabins. Notice how it is obstructed by the tender.

24ynyux.jpg

2dgq2ok.jpg

HI Gunther619,

I definitely agree that the savings is great and I did use some of the saved cash for transportation to and from the pier, in addition to one excursion so far.

One question I have for you is when you say the first 3 life boats are larger are they the 3 that are apart from the others in the aft section.

I suppose I shouldn't concern myself since it seems as though from what I can see from the pics I have received I will still have a balcony and a decent view out to the Atlantic.

Thx,

TOYCRAZY

Hey Crazy,

Not the ones in the back. The first 3. I've attached some pictures.

The first pic is the view from my balcony (the less obstructed one)

The second is a pic of the ship where you can see the difference in size of the boats. And the last is a screen shot of the deck plan, I have circled the ones that I BELIEVE are the more obstructed cabins.

Again, this is the miracle. I'm not sure about the other ships...So this could be useless information LOL

Happy Sailings!

Jacky

2084366490_WeddingHM20068.jpg.d73dd40e668d111776f9d30a22bdf5af.jpg

35989_1504464975369_1346590361_1372606_3274758_n.jpg.0a58a08c13f49753f73c7b54d75eb7db.jpg

cruise.jpg.faeb6e8a27004358f50c7b39cbd04be0.jpg

Again, this is the miracle. I'm not sure about the other ships...So this could be useless information LOLHappy Sailings!Jacky

the information will be the same for all Spirit class ships,

Pride, Legend, Miracle and Spirit

Does this mean if I am on the Miracle on Deck 6-Empress I will also not be able to see down to the water? Just wondering.

ONLY in the recess part of the ship- ANY cabin in that recess part will not be able to look directly down.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0186.JPG

in this photo you can see the lifeboat- but look there are cabins that look directly down in the waters- these are regular balconies--not extended.

Extended balconies sit in the recess part.

Archived