Actual Boarding Time?

Lostinthe50s

We will be sailing on the CB in a couple of weeks and was wondering what time most have been able to board. My wife called Princess and they told her 1:00. I have read posts on here that mention people getting on at 12 and having lunch in the MDR. We have a car service picking us up and my wife wants to change the pickup time for later,I said I will ask on the Princess board what time people have been able to get on board as I would like to be there by 12 rather than 1.

Any information would be appreciated.

They suggest 1pm in order to encourage people to come a little later. Many show up between 10-11am and often, it's very crowded. Check-in starts earlier but usually, boarding starts between 11:30-Noon. The first people to board are those who are Elite/Platinum/full suite and the wheelchairs. General boarding starts after those groups have boarded. Usually, boarding goes pretty quickly. If you want to arrive earlier, go for it but be aware that there will be lines and delays. If you arrive at 1pm, you'll probably be able to check in and board without delay or a line.

We will be sailing on the CB in a couple of weeks and was wondering what time most have been able to board. My wife called Princess and they told her 1:00. I have read posts on here that mention people getting on at 12 and having lunch in the MDR. We have a car service picking us up and my wife wants to change the pickup time for later,I said I will ask on the Princess board what time people have been able to get on board as I would like to be there by 12 rather than 1.

I would get my car service for 10:30. Boarding is usually prior to noon.

I generally arrive between 10:00 & 11:00 to check-in & normally I'm onboard around noon. That gets me onboard in plenty of time to enjoy a relaxing MDR lunch (bring the online statements inviting us to join them just in case there's a problem) & to reserve other limited things such as the Chef's Table, Ultimate Ship Tour or Sanctuary if any of those interest you. There are those who qualify for priority boarding (1st ones onboard) but it shouldn't prevent you from enjoying an earlier boarding even if you don't qualify for priority boarding.

This has been my recent experience & the way I always begin our cruises. :)

I like to get on early and have lunch in the main dining room. It feels like you get the whole day on the ship that way. I generally get to the port at 11:00 a.m. and check-in is already open. After checking in the boarding starts for elites and platinums about 11:30 and by noon for everyone else. I rarely find crowds when I get there at 11:00 and boarding is quick and easy. I am almost always on the ship before noon.

Just wondering, is there a certain order people board the ship in, or do they just get on whenever they want to?

As previously stated, those who qualify for priority boarding (Elite, Platinum, full suites) will board 1st when embarkation begins. Even with priority boarding for our last cruise from LA they gave a group card to minimize the crush of hundreds of priority passengers from trampling each other. :p

Some have reported receiving notices from Princess to board at a time based on your cabin's deck. This appears to be a test to spread out boarding lines but I have never heard of it being enforced.

We've always aimed for around 11. We have to check out of our hotel, since we usually fly down the day before. We might as well head directly to the ship after that. Lately, we've stayed at a hotel where you have to sign up for the shuttle.

Last year, we booked our precruise hotel and transfers through Princess and their transfer had us at the pier just before noon. There was a line for those of us who aren't qualified for priority boarding (yet), but it didn't take too long to get in and on to the ship.

Actually on our last three cruises it has been Platinum/Elites/ Suites, persons requiring assistance (wheelchairs...), and then general boarding.

We like to get on the ship really early, so we are normally to port around 10:30 am.

We are elite travelling with gold in separate cabins. Will they be able to board with us?
No problem boarding with children who are Gold in a separate cabin. If they are adults, they may or may not be able to go into the Platinum/Elite pre-boarding lounge; that depends on the person checking people.

What time is the actual room available? If we are allowed to board at noon is our room open and ready for us? On X ships, all the rooms aren't usually ready until one and they make an announcement.

What time does luggage make it to the rooms?

What time is the actual room available? If we are allowed to board at noon is our room open and ready for us? On X ships, all the rooms aren't usually ready until one and they make an announcement.

Unlike some cruise lines, cabins are available when boarding & luggage varies from shortly after boarding to close to sailing. I board early but it's not an indication about when they're in our cabin.

Yes, unlike the Celebrity ships, your room is available for you immediately upon boarding (another reason I prefer Princess). Your luggage usually arrives by afternoon, but a few posters have reported getting luggage as late as after dinner (never happened to me).

Yes, unlike the Celebrity ships, your room is available for you immediately upon boarding (another reason I prefer Princess). Your luggage usually arrives by afternoon, but a few posters have reported getting luggage as late as after dinner (never happened to me).

Thanks. Yes, altho we always can place our carry ons in the room on X, while we have a bite, the room might not be completly finished with all the paper work, head steward check completed etc. There's an announcement when all categories are ready. Usually around 1:00.

I wear something when boarding that will work for the dining room. Just in case the bags arrive later. But never had that problem either.

How early do the porters start taking baggage? I'm curious to see if we can drop off our luggage early tomorrow, and then take a look around San Francisco before boarding...

Between 10 - 10:30 should be good.

hmmm i wasn't planning on leaving for port until 12:30, to get there at 1ish for 4pm departure, is that to late?

Depends on how important it is to you to board early.

Archived