Sail Away - On Deck or Private Balcony

Jsaxm

Where do you prefer to watch sail away?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you prefer to watch sail away?

• Private Balcony
    • Up On Deck

Nice 30 posts, this is my most successful thread yet, haha!! It's cool to see all the different opinions about this topic too.

I am also happy, for personal reasons, that some of the posters had similar aft wrap arounds and said that they loved them for sail away. My wife and I aren't really big crowd people, we don't avoid them, but we don't actively seek them out either. So hearing that others enjoyed the aft wrap makes me anticipate it so much more now....as if that's possible, LOL!

Cant wait to see what other posters have to say about their choice of balcony or lido!

Depends..if our balcony faces the port we are on our balcony with a nice glass of champagne and waving just like everyone else..if balcony faces the ocean we will be on lido deck. If you are taking champagne on board and choose to stay on your balcony make sure you have glasses..if not as room steward to bring you some..sucks to be ready for sail away then realize no glasses :D check you balcony location BEFORE sail away and if the location is OK for you then enjoy it, you paid for it.

I voted for the private balcony, as that is where I have usually been for my past sailings.

However, I may change my vote following my next cruise, I have scheduled our Meet & Greet up-top at sail-away, and we have 60 folks saying they are attending. Might be a fun party!:D

On both of our previous Carnival cruises, sail away occured during the muster drill. We both felt shortchanged, because sail away is a event not to be missed. But we accepted it as the way Carnival does business. Thanks to this thread, we've learned that's not the case.

We've booked our first balcony for our next cruise, and have high hopes to enjoy sail away from there.

Archived