plus size jeans

Any suggestions on where I could get some cute jeans? my waist is MUCH smaller than my hips...I hate it. It makes finding bottoms so hard.

I would say try Lane Bryant b/c they have these color coded jeans that are suppose to fit different shapes. They may work for you. They change to formula a bit and now I don't like them as much (I have the same problem, wide hips, small waist).

Any suggestions on where I could get some cute jeans? my waist is MUCH smaller than my hips...I hate it. It makes finding bottoms so hard.

You don't mention where you are, but lane bryant has quite the selection of jeans these days (even brand names like DKNY in larger sizes now.) I have a slightly similar problem as you, but in a different way because I don't have any hips. I was in love with LB's right fit jeans for a while until they changed the style and the cut. Avenue (you can also order them online) also has some very nice jeans (I love love love their jean fabrics) but the fit can vary a lot in the styles. Jean fabric wise I am so in love with them (high end jean fabric without the cost and it wears amazing!) but the cuts haven't been working for me lately. I was there a few weeks ago and the waists on all of the styles seemed to have gotten a bit smaller so you might actually have some great success there. If you don't mind ordering online & shipping back One Stop Plus (the avenue family) has a ton of different jeans from all the brands they own.

Odd as it feels for me to say this, check Walmart! JMS has really upgraded their jean line, and they have some really nice quality jeans now.

Edited to Add: I also got a catalog the other day in the mail from these guys (if you are comfortable with ordering online) http://www.simplybe.com They had quite a selection of jeans, and if you have an idea of what you are looking for a lot of their styles had hidden elastic to help with fit issues. Might fit the bill? I've never ordered from there but they caught my eye since they appear to offer a little more fashion then some of your other plus-size places do.

I highly recommend Levi's Curve ID jeans!! They come in four styles, Slight Curve, Demi Curve, Bold Curve, and Supreme Curve. You sound like the Supreme Curve would be perfect for you!! They come in plus sizes too. :)

I have two pairs so far, and the Supreme Curve is a great fit for me. My waist is much smaller than my hips, like you. I'm a 28" waist and 40" hips, so I've had to have jeans altered...but not the supreme curve jeans!! They fit us girls with a little junk in the trunk. ;)

You can find them at Levis stores, or the Levis website. HTH!! :D

My waist and hips are also almost the same size, but my legs are super skinny, including my thighs. So, any jeans I have found are just way too loose in the legs and make me look dumpy/frumpy. I hate jeans, just because they don't fit. Wish I could find some that are cute and fit, too!

lane bryant as well as fashion bug have the color coded pants. They work great you can try on the different colors. As much as I love Old navy there jeans tend to be too big on waist and fit great on hips

I discovered the brand "Not your Daughter's jeans" this year while visiting the US. They are brilliant! Would definitely recommend you try them out. I found them in Nordstom. And bought 2 pairs!

Hippy tiny waisted person here.... when I was in the plus sizes I swore by Gloria Vanderbilt jeans (Amanda style) from JCPenney. Absolutely the best fit ever. I wore them in all sizes from a womens 24 down to a misses 16.

I have since discovered Coldwater Creek (but I'm in a size 12/14 now) but they make their jeans in plus sizes as well. They are a bit on the pricier side but have great sales and the knit style fits like a legging but looks like a pair of jeans, they are so comfy and you have to buy them a size down. They just fit all of my curves right.

I like some of the styles of Lands End jeans - esp trouser jeans for casual Friday at work. I don't wear jeans often, but the LE jeans I have fit great.

Also love the St Johns Bay at JCPenney - especially the bi-stretch khaki pant but they have a jean too.

You didn't say what style you're looking for - I like these:D http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1c3e796&DeptID=82582&CatID=82637&SO=0&SelDim=8%7e&x5view=1&NOffset=0&Ne=3+1011+593+8+1031+586+18+833+904+949&shopperType=G&N=4294932429+269&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|82637

I never found the Secretly Slenders to work well for me in jeans do to the hip/waist ratio. But I do have a 10-12 inch difference between hip and waist.

• 1 month later...
I am exact opposite and have the same problem. I have a big middle/waist and no butt or hips. Anything that is big enough for my waist is 2 times too big in the hips/butt. I feel your pain!

--

You & me both! I have found that Not Your Daughter's Jeans work well on "our" type of body :)

Just got a pair of the Diane Gillman jeans from HSN that were on sale last weekend. they actually fit pretty good in my waist, but still too large in the hips/thighs. Leg length is great for me. Since I do sew, I think it will be fairly easy to take in the hip and thigh area a little bit. Otherwise, they are baggy there. The waist is very comfortable, so I am going to keep them and they are REAL JEANS, not my "mom jeans" with the elastic waist.

My waist and hips are also almost the same size, but my legs are super skinny, including my thighs. So, any jeans I have found are just way too loose in the legs and make me look dumpy/frumpy. I hate jeans, just because they don't fit. Wish I could find some that are cute and fit, too!

I'm shaped like this too (can't wear belts because not only do they NOT hold up my pants, they just drag them down faster :o). If it's big enough in the waist then there's room for one of me in each of the legs!

I've had good luck with Junior Plus cuts at Kohls - The waist to hip ratio is closer than Women's and the thigh is cut slimmer. Bonus - they make my butt look GOOD! :D Downside - they can be hard to find, so the last time I found some I bought them in every color.

I'm the same way. I do really well with Style & Company - sold in Macy's. I've lost quite a bit of weight and hate to spend a lot of money on clothes while I've been losing. These jeans run $59 but I've gotten them for $13 on sale.

Happy shopping!

Stacey

You might want to consider "Skinny Jeans." I have a pair of Levi skinny jeans which fit me well. They fit comfortably in the waist & hips, with no sagging in the thigh area.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the verge of plus, if it fits in the waist then the legs/butt are huge.

So here's another vote for Not Your Daughters Jeans. I even made my sis buy a pair (she thought they were way too expensive), the next week she went back for a second pair. But we have close to the same body type.

It's so true that you can have a tailor adjust jeans to fit. I doubt I would ever buy a pair online, unless you know the brand well. It's like shoes, even the same shoes, pair to pair, can fit differently. Or like makeup, just because it works for one person doesn't make it right for the next. Many people have drawers full of useless products others have recommended.

So, buy in person and try on a dozen pair, keep going until you find what's best for you. First try the suggestions from people who state they have the same body type you do.

I don't know if this will help anybody but it works great for me. I wear men's elastic belts that have leather on the end. 1 and 1/2 inch width holds up pants well. I have white, black and brown. Looks good and fits. Only bad thing is men's belts don't hide behind "2XL" and flat out state 42 inch!:eek::o:o:eek:

I want some really rich looking black jeans. Anybody got suggestions. I have a big belly no waist and not so big hips. I have turned into the barrel shaped woman with stick legs (unless they are swollen up). Oh my who is this person lurking in my mirror???

I don't know if this will help anybody but it works great for me. I wear men's elastic belts that have leather on the end. 1 and 1/2 inch width holds up pants well. I have white, black and brown. Looks good and fits. Only bad thing is men's belts don't hide behind "2XL" and flat out state 42 inch!:eek::o:o:eek:

I want some really rich looking black jeans. Anybody got suggestions. I have a big belly no waist and not so big hips. I have turned into the barrel shaped woman with stick legs (unless they are swollen up). Oh my who is this person lurking in my mirror???

You sound like me. I have never found a pair of jeans that fit me right. Unless they have an elastic waist and I take in the the hips and thighs. My bust, waist, and hip measure about the same. I would so much like to be able to wear a pair of regular jeans.

Archived