Newlyweds

Celeste548

no newlywed night that I am aware of. Yes the the not so newly-wed game show, is hysterical and good time. I do however believe they do have a night where they have a gathering of those celebrating milestone anniversary such as 25 or 50 years in one of the lounges.

I was just speaking with someone who recently returned from their honeymoon aboard another cruise line and mentioned they had "newlywed night" on board. Does Princess do anything similar?

They were probably referring to the old TV show "The Newlywed Game." Most ships do one with 3 couples selected; newlywed, married 20+ years and an older married couple; 50+ years.

I have been on cruises where there was a honeymoon couples meeting, but those are few and far between. They would have to know there are enough honeymoon couples on board to warrant a special get together.

We get married on Feb. 25 and set sail on Feb. 27 to the Panama Canal on the Island Princess. Based on what we heard in researching the cruise, the average age will be 50-60 on our ship, so we're not expecting many events geared to newlyweds. But from what I've heard the shorter cruises attract a younger crowd, so maybe you'll have better luck. How long is your cruise? Ours is 10 days.

They actually had a newlywed cocktail party, but it was a shorter cruise and on a different line. I have never heard of anything like that before so it peaked my curiosity :) Our cruise is 10 days as well, but will be at holiday time and probably more families. No matter what the demographics, we're looking forward to the honeymoon and it will be a fantastic time.

Congratulations of your upcoming wedding :)

We get married on Feb. 25 and set sail on Feb. 27 to the Panama Canal on the Island Princess. Based on what we heard in researching the cruise, the average age will be 50-60 on our ship, so we're not expecting many events geared to newlyweds. But from what I've heard the shorter cruises attract a younger crowd, so maybe you'll have better luck. How long is your cruise? Ours is 10 days.

I'm confused. Are you saying people in their 50's and 60's don't get married or are you saying they aren't considered newlyweds?

I sure know alot of people that were married in their 50's and 60's and older.

I'm confused. Are you saying people in their 50's and 60's don't get married or are you saying they aren't considered newlyweds?

I sure know alot of people that were married in their 50's and 60's and older.

I'm just speaking in general terms. I also know people who have been married at that age, but the fact is that newlyweds tend to be younger as a general rule. Of course the rule does not apply in every instance, but I would expect it to generally apply across 2,000-4,000 passengers. So I would expect fewer newlyweds and therefore fewer newlywed activities on a cruise where the average age is 60 than on a cruise where it's 45. I've only been on one cruise so this is a mathematical observation, not based on first hand experience.

We have not seen a newlywed night but the game as mentioned. But perhaps not being newly weds we would not get those flyers, etc.

However , I will add we were on the newlywed game in 1974 and won with Bob Eubanks neat stuff

Pete

We have not seen a newlywed night but the game as mentioned. But perhaps not being newly weds we would not get those flyers, etc.

If there was to be such an event it would be listed in the Patter. Princess would not know about all the newly weds on board in order to send out invitations to all of them.

Archived