Congratulations to Celebrity's latest 100th X cruiser.

C 2 C

Where are my friends Richard and his spouse from Florida on this list?

They are outstanding ambassador's for the Celebrity Cruise Line.

Probably on a cruise. LOL.

Congrats to the new 100 cruise credit club members and to those other lucky few who have attained this goal!

Where are my friends Richard and his spouse from Florida on this list?

They are outstanding ambassador's for the Celebrity Cruise Line.

Thank You! How U Doin'?

We are currently stuck at 129 until we complete our Holy Land cruise in CS in November.

We are just short of Diamond Plus with RCCL and will complete that goal in September.

Ric

So I guess 100 Celebrity cruise points is a significant milestone and begs the question, with the exception of a photo with a Captain and a bouquet of roses, what is the big benefit or prize?

I am the new member of the 100 club - actually at 106 now.

As for extra benefits, they are pretty slim and require much effort.

Celebrity used to include a blurb about the new 100 members in the Captains Club newsletter. I believe RMSeaDog was the last member featured (about 1.5 years ago).

Now they put your picture on Facebook. There are 4 couples and one individual on Facebook for crossing 100 in the last year (including myself). You dont have to be a Facebook memebr to see the pictures. Just go to the Celebrity Facebook page, select 'photos' on the left and then the Wall Photos icon.

Originally Celebrity was not going to do anything for me. I had to contact them several times to get my benefits. I crossed 100 in March and it took until August for the picture to be posted.

If you really keep after them AND talk to the right person you will get a free one week Caribbean cruise.

I am the new member of the 100 club - actually at 106 now.

As for extra benefits, they are pretty slim and require much effort.

Celebrity used to include a blurb about the new 100 members in the Captains Club newsletter. I believe RMSeaDog was the last member featured (about 1.5 years ago).

Now they put your picture on Facebook. There are 4 couples and one individual on Facebook for crossing 100 in the last year (including myself). You dont have to be a Facebook memebr to see the pictures. Just go to the Celebrity Facebook page, select 'photos' on the left and then the Wall Photos icon.

Originally Celebrity was not going to do anything for me. I had to contact them several times to get my benefits. I crossed 100 in March and it took until August for the picture to be posted.

If you really keep after them AND talk to the right person you will get a free one week Caribbean cruise.

Once again:Congratulations. Who is the right person? Did you get a free cruise? What type of cabin did they offer?

So I guess 100 Celebrity cruise points is a significant milestone and begs the question, with the exception of a photo with a Captain and a bouquet of roses, what is the big benefit or prize?

Congratulations to the couple and I wish that I may one day get that many cruises under my belt. :)

In reality there are no published extras for anything over 10 cruise points, we all get the same packages in our cabins. If you are the high time cruiser on any cruise, no mater the number, you get recognized at the Captain's Club Party. As one accumulates more cruises one becomes better known and extra bennies sometimes get thrown your way, our attitude is, as long as we get what we pay for we be happy. We cruise because we love being underway and visiting with friends working in the ships, anything extra they wish to throw our way we gladly accept with much thanks. Sometimes we ask for small favors, sometimes we get turned down. In a nut shell, we love cruising and love the people that make Celebrity our favorite. ~ Ric

One other thing while cruising, and this may be the biggest prize, there is no yard work, housework, cooking, buying geoceries, and all the other tasks that being home require. ~ Ric

Amen to that, Ric! My favorite part is that I don't have to plan, prepare, or clean up after any meal. How can anyone complain about food that just shows up when you want it? And coming back to a room that's all put back together every day! People don't know what they're missing, but then again, those are the people that probably don't know how to relax in the first place.

I hope someday we can share in that 100 club.

Once again:Congratulations. Who is the right person? Did you get a free cruise? What type of cabin did they offer?

I suspect CC does not want me to post the Captains Club rep's name here. We were originally dealing with one rep and received a call a few weeks ago saying another rep has taken over the 100+ duties. Dont know if the first one left the company or what happened.

As was previously posted the free cruise is not a documented benefit like it is on Royal Caribbean. Many Captains Club reps have told me that one receives nothing for passing 100. I finally found a Captains Club rep who contacted the marketing department and gave me the "free" cruise. It is a regular balcony cabin on a week long Caribbean cruise. One does not receive additional Captains Club credit for the "free" sailing. It did take over a month from when we booked to when they applied the free credit (still have to pay port taxes). They did make us give them the normal $250 deposit when we first booked. Most of that was refunded when it became "free".

My 29 year old daughter also crossed 100. Celebrity has refused to post her picture on Facebook. She is booked with us in the adjoining cabin on the "free" cruise but we are still waiting for her to be "free".

Tom

I love the attitude reflected by RMSeadog. I would greatly appreciate and happily accept any benefit offered,but I doubt I would ever ask for any consideration unless it was a published benefit. Should X do something special for 100, 150, or soon to be 200 cruisers? Definately, but it should be a matter of cruiseline policy not individual bargaining skills.

I love the attitude reflected by RMSeadog. I would greatly appreciate and happily accept any benefit offered,but I doubt I would ever ask for any consideration unless it was a published benefit. Should X do something special for 100, 150, or soon to be 200 cruisers? Definately, but it should be a matter of cruiseline policy not individual bargaining skills.

Unfortunately the first three to achieve this level were given this perk even though there was not a policy in print. Since then the people who initiated the perk have left the loyalty office at Celebrity. The free cruise offered for this achievement is still available, as according to standard Celebrity practice.. no two people will give you the same answer. I passed the name of the new contact on to another faithful Celebrity cruiser who now has also asked for and received the free cruise. RCL offers a free cruise at 100, 150, 200 etc. as a reward for their Brand loyalty.

There has always been a consistant inconsistancy in X policy. In this case past practice, as well as good business practice, should be the guide. Once the first person to reach the 100 level received a "free" cruise (which they paid plenty to get), that should have become the stated poicy. Place it in writing and publish it so that it doesn't depend on a case by case decision made by an ever changing HQ staff.

I remembered that on my last cruise someone told me that a guest with 150 credits actually received a free cruise for that accomplishment and that he/she has been informed that they would be likewise rewarded for their 200th. Don't know if this is fact or rumor, but it should be a policy.

I remembered that on my last cruise someone told me that a guest with 150 credits actually received a free cruise for that accomplishment and that he/she has been informed that they would be likewise rewarded for their 200th. Don't know if this is fact or rumor, but it should be a policy.

We asked X about their "150 point" policy in light of the RCL announced perks and were told that no there was no such reward with Celebrity and neither would there be a free cruise at the 200 cruise point level . The only other person to have passed that milestone is Schnookle. He mentioned at one time that he gets certain perks that no one else does but can't tell us about them..

But I agree, there should be such a policy and that any policy should be known to all Captain's Club members.

If Celebrity was upfront about what's out there for their very, very loyal customers, it could be enough of a draw to hook the wishwashy folk. I'm easy enough, I get excited about free laundry service for Elites, but would be curious to know of other perks for the high point achievers.

We asked X about their "150 point" policy in light of the RCL announced perks and were told that no there was no such reward with Celebrity and neither would there be a free cruise at the 200 cruise point level . The only other person to have passed that milestone is Schnookle. He mentioned at one time that he gets certain perks that no one else does but can't tell us about them..

But I agree, there should be such a policy and that any policy should be known to all Captain's Club members.

Perhaps sometimes what we think of as a "perk" isn't really a perk, but rather a "thank you" for something special. I once gave a small gift to a Very Hign Ranking Senior Officer for helping us solve a problem. Soon I noticed that other staff were coming up to us always greeting with a warm "hello". It was different from the usual way we were greeted. One officer, knowing we were on a B2B asked if we'd be interested in an upgrade if one became available (it didn't). Told us he would be happy to do it for us at no additional cost, but asked us to keep it quiet. I know that sometimes people mention a "perk" and it appears on the internet. I understand that's why a firm rule bang non AQ-Suite guests from Blu was put into effect. A Maitre'd in Blu told me the story. I firmly agree that adding to the official perks would influence some people to cruise more.

Unfortunately the first three to achieve this level were given this perk even though there was not a policy in print. Since then the people who initiated the perk have left the loyalty office at Celebrity. The free cruise offered for this achievement is still available, as according to standard Celebrity practice.. no two people will give you the same answer. I passed the name of the new contact on to another faithful Celebrity cruiser who now has also asked for and received the free cruise. RCL offers a free cruise at 100, 150, 200 etc. as a reward for their Brand loyalty.

I know of four couples personally, you & Joanne, Emil & Lori, Tom & Rita and us and a single lady, Dawn, Tom's lovely daughter that have received the free cruise. While we were cruising our 100th there was another couple (who shall remain nameless) that had at that time 112(?). We have cruise in the same ship with them a few times since, they have always had more points than us, they have never been offered anything, no interview, no Facdbook picture, no free cruise. I know of another couple that recently achieved the feat and a single lady from Vancouver but have no knowledge if they were afforded any concessions.

How does RCCL handle the free ones now that the gone to days vice cruises credits? Pinnacle gets one for achieving that level, after that I don't know. ~ Ric

I know of four couples personally, you & Joanne, Emil & Lori, Tom & Rita and us and a single lady, Dawn, Tom's lovely daughter that have received the free cruise.

Hi Ric:

I have not heard if Dawn has been offered a free cruise as yet..

..facebook pictures of 100X pts achievers, with names attached, include a Dr R from Germany, a couple from Illinois who recently sailed on Infinity, a couple from BC on Millennium last October, several couples , the R's with whom we both sailed was offered nothing, the L's whom we have never met or remember meeting ?? and Ms Constellation from Victoria was offered nothing but will be rewarded soon as a result of a new contact at X.

It would be very nice if the perk was a true reward for loyalty and not perseverance for finding an important contact at head office.

I tried to find the photos on Facebook of the Top Cruisers with 100 pts or more. Can someone send me a link?

I could not find the pics.

Hi Grace:) I am not on Facebook but found it. Here you go.

• 1 month later...

Another picture was posted today on Celebrity's facebook site.

Celebrity Cruises congratulates Frank and Marilyn ------- on earning their 100th tier credit in the Captain's Club rewards and recognition program while sailing on the Celebrity Summit on June 20th, 2011. Mr. and Mrs. R----- of Galloway, NJ started cruising with Celebrity in 1993. Here they are pictured with Captain Nikolaos Frantzis.

We had the good fortune to sail with them on Summit last month.

Archived