Football

skram99

there is like 2 sports channels i think...i was trying to remember the SUN

(Sports Bar) because all wanted the Football game on instead of Soccer

so Soccer was on one channel....Football the other....FOOTBALL WON:D

on the STAR games are shown in the Red Lion Pub

i dont remember Spirit oon Jewel (definitely yes but i cant think of where they were shown--two places cos one we were hanging out at and then it was Muster Drill and no one wanted to leave and it was always being shown where our Muster Station was)

The US networks cannot, by regulation, be shown on ships without a special liscense that is very expensive and the cruise lines won't pay it. So FOX & CBS (Sunday afternoon games) and NBC (Sunday night game) are definately out. (So is Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, etc.).

ESPN does grant liscenses and many ships have that so the Monday night games may be shown. (Any games on the NFL Network will not be shown either).

Can anyone tell me if they have the Sunday NFL Football Games? We are sailing during the football season and we enjoy watching the games! Even Monday night football?

We have sailed twice during football season. Both times the games were shown!

We are big football fans too and hate to miss a game!

These were both carribbean cruises.

The games were shown in the pub and they had popcorn and we had a great tome!

The US networks cannot, by regulation, be shown on ships without a special liscense that is very expensive and the cruise lines won't pay it. So FOX & CBS (Sunday afternoon games) and NBC (Sunday night game) are definately out. (So is Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, etc.).

ESPN does grant liscenses and many ships have that so the Monday night games may be shown. (Any games on the NFL Network will not be shown either).

Our last cruise on the Gem in November we watched 3 NFL games on Sunday, 1 on Monday night, 1 on Thursday night. We even got to watch the Eagles twice! I was in heaven! DH was too! I don't remember where on the ship they were shown besides the cabins as we watched in our DOS.

Where did you learn this? The cruise ships all use a satellite TV system (similar to Direct TV or Dish Net). They get whatever level of programming they chose to subscribe to and pay for. I do not believe there is any "regulation" that prevents U.S. Networks being shown on these satellite systems.

We have cruised the last 3 Decembers during the NFL season and are huge fans. On all our cruises during football season NCL has had 1 game on in EVERY time slot, 1pm Sunday, 4pm Sunday, 8pm Sunday and MNF. We have seen Thurs. night football also. These games were shown both around the ship and on the stateroom TVs. For the Sunday afternoon games there is no choice of what game will be shown, but in our experience there will a game on. The only way you are sure of seeing your team is if it is the FNIA, MNF or Thursday night game. Football is very popular on the ship and we usually see many NFL jerseys and tee shirts on Sundays. We have never cruised Europe so I can not comment on cruises over there.

NCL will show some of the NFL games, but don't count on your favorite team's game... You are on a cruise, enjoy your cruise, forget about football...

Maybe watching football is how he enjoys his cruise. Not really for you or anyone else to tell someone what to do while they are on a cruise.:cool:

Maybe watching football is how he enjoys his cruise. Not really for you or anyone else to tell someone what to do while they are on a cruise.:cool:

I'm a Jet fan and Liz a Giant fan. One of the highlights of our cruise on Epic was watching the Giant game on the huge TV at Spice H2O the 2nd afternoon, a day at sea. It was a beautiful warm sunny day and the TV looked crystal clear. We meet people from all over the country who we remained friendly with the whole cruise. Judging by the crowd and atmosphere there many people enjoy watching the NFL while on thier vacation.

On another note we had some great nights on the Sky in Longboards watching the NBA playoffs one May. The place was always packed, the crowd was really into it, and everyone looked to be having a great time.

NCL will show some of the NFL games, but don't count on your favorite team's game... You are on a cruise, enjoy your cruise, forget about football...

We did enjoy our favorite team TWICE in the DOS on our cruise, Thank you very much.....and couldn't have had better scenery to enjoy it by.....as far as forgetting about football...NEVER!

We did enjoy our favorite team TWICE in the DOS on our cruise, Thank you very much.....and couldn't have had better scenery to enjoy it by.....as far as forgetting about football...NEVER!

I am with you!!! I'm beside myself that we'll miss three games because of the Panama Canal cruise (I'm NEVER booking a cruise that long during football season again, LOL). I was excited when I saw that the Pats are playing the Jets while we're away as I figured that would definitely be a nationally televised game and shown on the ship...until I realized that we'll be in Puntarenas on a tour. :( And trust me...it has crossed my mind to cancel the tour so I we can see the game live!!

Us football fans have too few games to miss any lightly!

Thanks for all of the replies my husband is very happy!! He can watch football I can go to the spa and kids can go to kids crew!!

Kerri Ann

NCL Jewel Oct 2011

NCL Gem Feb 2011

Disney Wonder May 2002

Princess Aug 1988

Kinda hard to do that When Football(scouting/coaching) is your Business, even on Vacation. Sailing out of NY on 10/30(Giants Dolphins) and I'm told by NCL that The Gem will have that game on somewhere on the ship as Miami is the Road team(CBS) but i'll be DVr'ing it anyway:D

Bill(DrFootball)

(" I never Went to the H.S. on the Hudson. I had to Earn my Bars through Hard Work. no 4-Star Generals or Congressmen in my Family")

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.94 final beta for Mac

Archived